It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangle UFO, West Yorkshire UK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Hot off the press:

The classic "Triangle UFO"

What say you all?

Hot off the press:

MOD NOTE:
Posting video links - please read.

1k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on ATS or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

[edit on August 23rd 2010 by greeneyedleo]

Mod Edit: All Caps in title. Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Ahabstar]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Why don't you tell us what you think about the video in your opening post? Are you waiting for folks to duke it out so you then can take the side of the most prevalent opinion?

What I say....meh, lights against a black background. Usual youtube useless video we have all seen over and over hundreds of times in one form or another.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I hear ya on this. I am not in favor of OP's with no opinion. Hopefully he will
chime in before someone else makes up his mind.

Just for that my vote is for Chinese..no wait... Korean Lanterns!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Why is it that every sighting video has to include some action movie opera music, as if that somehow makes it exciting and meaningful?

It's particularly annoying on the videos of "chem, ahem... contrails", but I don't care for it much more on UFO videos either.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

I will bite...
When I look at that video, I see three separate orange objects. If the single dot represents the front, of your triangle, it would have disappeared when it moved away from the camera. It did not. What you are seeing is an optical illusion.

Your mind filled in the empty spaces with lines, which do not actually exist in the first place.

What do I think they are? Three lanterns, fighter jets, or flares. Nothing in that clip tells me otherwise.

What do you think 'they' are?

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Well, it does appear to maintain a triangular shape. I for one believe in much that mainstream ATS does not.

I still think that there is only so much to go off of, much less expect from videos in general and this one is no different.

Thanks for the post, it is interesting.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
You should wait for someone more savvy to respond but a thought came to mind while watching this. Watch the triangle as its going away. The angle of it should prevent us from seeing the front light, and yet we can clarely see it. Here's an crappy yet more understandable example:

Light 1 should at least be partially blocked from view when the thing is rotating and yet it doesn't occur. I might be wrong but to me it seems there is no body within those lights.

EDIT: Ok, what Section31 said lol.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Radiobuzz]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Radiobuzz

Hehehe... That is similar to what I said. Showoff.

Next time I will bring a Powerpoint Presentation.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Lol! I swear that when I pressed the reply button the only response was from IgnoretheFacts! I gave you credit afterwards though!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Sometimes these things look like someone is sitting in a dark room, and all they are doing is moving around small flashlights.

@ Radiobuzz: I gave you a star for creativity.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Well I'm not used to people wanting to know what "I think" - but I'll give it a shot.. I think the footage looks real. What is it? I don't have any idea, yet after years of hearing about these triangle craft, and how they are or are not 'ours' - I guess this just becomes (yet) another example of "a triangle UFO".

I posted this because I thought people would appreciate it.

I also am bored with the UFO/ET forum as of late - and am hoping it fires up to the standard it was before it was hijacked by the negs.

The negs would be those that offer nothing but negative input. Cheers!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
As for it "retaining its triangle shape as it moves off," can't we all agree that any three lights in the sky are going to form a triangle?

The only question I have is, "How are these NOT our good friends, the Chinese lanterns?" What do they do that is particularly unusual or interesting? Nothing. A quick enhancement shows no structure between the dots of light.

Oh, well. Post if you must.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Blue Shift]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Three quids worth of Chinese lanterns...

...and a dash of dramatic music.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Why should we watch a copy with the audio removed when we can watch the original
video with original audio.

This is the original footage uploaded by the videographer NECTARush just hours after the
August 14, 2010 sighting, the title of his video: ufo's or chinese lanterns?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

Ahh great work! thanks for that.

So what say you? UFO or Chinese lanterns? - was wondering if there is a video of actual Chinese lanterns doing this maneuver so we can compare?

Thanks

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
reply to post by free_spirit

Ahh great work! thanks for that.

So what say you? UFO or Chinese lanterns? - was wondering if there is a video of actual Chinese lanterns doing this maneuver so we can compare?

Thanks

I say UFO, I have seen several good videos like this one but of course it's only my
opinion

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Yeah, it does look like your classic Black Triangle.

Im curious about how big it was and if it was one of those gargantuan Triangles.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
- was wondering if there is a video of actual Chinese lanterns doing this maneuver so we can compare?

Why rely on another similar crappy Youtube video?

If you still have doubts about what they are the best thing to do is go out and buy 3 Chinese lanterns and release them yourself.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Black Triangles are not extraterrestrial. They are ours and they are becoming more and more common these days. There honestly isnt any "wow factor" to these Triangles anymore....unless someone gets a nice crisp day time video/photo of one.

The aura/mystique/mysteriousness is quickly coming off of these craft. IMO its time our Military/government et al came forth and told us what these are and what they are used for.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I'm not sure who makes me despair the most; the people who launch these lanterns, the people who post YouTube videos of them or the people who claim they are anything other than what they quite clearly are.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join