It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i was almost arrested for.........apples.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

There is no conspiracy, Neo.
You are slave.
We all are slaves.
For some people money grow on trees (money priting machine owners).
But not for you, Neo.
You are not allowed to eat apples from trees, let alone grow money on trees.

Obey. Stop winging and enjoy little privileges slaves are allowed to have... like free speach... as long as it does not threaten you r masters.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

the forest service office isn't too far away, i'll be heading down there in a couple of hours.
like i mentioned, the officers cited no laws. i'm beginning to believe they were full of it, power hungry and believed as others mentioned that i had a pack full of weed.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Keep eating the fruits. Don't let anybody tell you tell you you can't. It's completely natural for a human to be hungry, see fruit and pick them to eat. These cops are just on a power trip, let them know you also have power and you will not submit to their BS tyranny. This just makes me sick that cops do this now. Don't they have anything else better to do than harass the citizens for picking fruit? I guess not. They should find another career if law enforcement is that boring. It's this kind of BS that gives the good, honest, hardworking cops a bad name. This is just another way to get us all divided for future conflict.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
If you people still do not overstand - Earth is owned by some people. It is NOT a common heritage. If you do not own things, you are allowed to die.

Nature is against the law.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I went to the Fed website. I found no EASILY accessible posting to define any rule concerning the removal of materials.

Since these materials cited here consist of fruit obtained from an artificial source (abandoned homestead), I see no reason to conceive of this removal as depriving the local critters. I also note that the 'critter' who wrote of this is aware of sustainability, as he had returned repeatedly to the orchard.

I find most people to have enormous opinions supported by little logic or facts. The blind emotionalism concerning the following of STUPID commands is insulting to we who live considered lives.

Since a National resource was being used by a fellow citizen in a park which allows the grazing of livestock (A commercial exploitation), I find anyone opposing his actions to be irrational. He is bypassing all of the industrialization of food production, with all of the attendant benefits to society (no pollution, water use, varmint controls, shipping, packaging, etc.) and himself (cheap, healthy food).

I hereby, grant my portion of this bounty (as a fellow citizen) to the OP. Eat hearty!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Godz Enigma

Too bad that marijuana growers are smarter than cops and rarely get caught.Fruit pickers make a nice easy target for small men with big badges and guns when they get outwitted by stoners.

'Ya sarge, no cannabis but we busted this scumbag for eating an apple........... looks like one of thum thar terrorists."

By the way it ain't harvest time yet,at least not where I'm at.I picked a load of blackberries out of the federal land I grow my weed in,last week.I'm such a BAD person.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

What they said was removed, they didn't say you couldn't go out there and have yourself a snack. That's national forest rules. You usually need a permit to remove anything from a national forest.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by largo

we think about the same here. i will study up a bit, and print out any info on my side to have with me next time. i don't scare easily.
if i find out i was in the wrong, i will admit my mistake and stop.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

quite a few have mentioned this, any links would be appreciated, i haven't gotten that far yet.
like i mentioned i'm going to the forest service office, and would like any info anyone can link to concerning law.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by blah yada

Agree with u 110%... cultivators are far more superior than cops when it comes to knowing the land ...and hiding crops is an art in it'self...
so i hear.

In the tristate area of Wv, OH and KY harvest is around Oct. Which probably why Johnny is harassing innocent fruit pickers with backpacks.. they could be mistaken for someone checking up on his crop.

can't wait to hear if OP went back and got more fruit today!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Never touch the kings stuff , he gets very angry .

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k
reply to post by hawkiye

One of the reasons I wanted to work for the USDA forestry division is because I wanted to work with the reintroduction and preservation of apex predators.
Wolves are an apex predator. If they kill a few cattle on Federal land leased at ungodly cheap rates, tough cookies. It should be the price paid for having such cheap rates.
When deers starve, the strong ones survive, improving the health of the following generations. I would much rather see an old, maimed, or sickly deer die of starvation than see the prized buck mounted on someone's wall. Humans impact wildlife in the reverse order of natural selection. Starvation, sickness, predation remove the right individuals.

Yeah and its idiots that don't know a damn thing abut what they are talking about who have media induced delusion of environmentalist agendas and join the forest service to try and shove it down peoples throats. Good Thing Idaho and several other states are working on a law to kick the stinking feds out of our forests and take back control of them as the feds have no jurisdiction in the states.. If the deer are are properly managed through hunting then THERE ARE NO STARVING SICKLY ONES because they have plenty to eat and are much more healthy over all. Humans are part of the natural selection!

As for the wolves they are killing plenty of livestock on private lands too AND NOT EATING THEM just killing them and more wolves have died because of it then ever did before they were taken from their native lands and brought here. They are not the same species that were native to this area 200 years ago and theses areas are not wilderness anymore they are populated. Most people I know have a policy of shooting any wolf on sight because they have even threatened children at thier bus stops, the whole thing has been a disaster. They kill wantonly and don't eat everything they kill. They have devastated the elk and deer herds. They have killed hundreds just for the sake of killing not eating any of them. But idiots think they know better and spout environmentalist and animal rights BS...!

Apex predators are doing just fine where they are there is no need to introduce them to populated areas. I bet you think humans should move out of those areas their ancestors populated 4 and 5 generations ago too...

[edit on 24-8-2010 by hawkiye]

[edit on 24-8-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Godz Enigma

i'll let you know, i'm arming myself with information at this point.
a couple of things,
this spot is a bit over 3 miles on foot to get to. there's a trail that leads almost to it, yet the orchard cannot be seen from the trail, it's up and over a ridge.
if the law did see me in there they mush have spotted me by satellite. besides animal tracks, nothing else had been in there human wise for at least a week or longer.
it seems to me that some of the posters here are happy with the chemical laden, waxed grocery store apples. these trees are very old, the fruit is not sprayed or tampered with, unless chemtrails are real.
this apple i'm munching on as i type this is incredible.
still a slight bit tart, they need another week or so, but yummy!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I would just check with the forest service, from what I understand though having lived in Colorado most of my life, it's all good to eat plant life in the forest, but you can't take it out.

Hunting is permitted in the forest with a permit. If they allow that, they definitely will allow you to eat fruit.

Just make sure that you are in the national forest and not a national park.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I like this one, kinda funny this man..

United Nations ladies and Gents.
- Wildlands proJect -

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

personally i don't believe everything you just typed. i've lived in grizz- wolf areas, and never had a problem.

although there is truth to this.

Apex predators are doing just fine where they are there is no need to introduce them to populated areas. I bet you think humans should move out of those areas their ancestors populated 4 and 5 generations ago too...

i was part of the mexican grey reintroduction in the gila of new mexico, my property borders the wilderness, and when the idiots reintroduced them they dropped of a number of wolves 6 miles from my place and the nearest ranch.
idiots, instead of dropping them off in the middle of a million acres, they drop them off near the ranches.
i have no problem with predators in my woods, they need space also, and just because we killed them off in the past, does not mean they have no place.
they actually blamed the wolves for a decline in the deer population, made a big fuss, and then it was proved there was a bad winter kill.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
In reply to the OP, this is crazy! im glad they let you go over it, but did they let you keep the fruit or was it confiscated as 'stolen goods'? lol..
Usually these days, and i have witnessed this first hand a few times, people wont eat from the land as it isnt packaged and 'safe to eat' and telling their kids not to eat (in this case) blackberries they picked because 'theres bugs in them'..so the majority of the populace consider fruits and such outdoors as being 'dirty' and unsafe because its not been passed through chain store managers. Which means that whatever the wildlife doesnt eat -and at least here, thats a fair bit that just rots.
I grew up this way, gathering foods from nature in order to can or freeze for the winter months.. it was just common sense and how it worked.. we never took everything, my father always taught me to leave enough for the birds and other wild life in the area.. but growing up this way gives a different perspective than many people get anymore..
Now though, over 10 years on, i went out with my father to an apple orchard my cousin owned..while there we ended up having to dodge bullets as we ducked and ran for the car (thankfully unharmed) but its the point of being shot at for picking a few freaking apples!!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

yup, i'll find out today and let everyone know what i come up with.
maybe i should just juice all the apples on the spot!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by corruptedtesssa

crazy, shot at?

In reply to the OP, this is crazy! im glad they let you go over it, but did they let you keep the fruit or was it confiscated as 'stolen goods'? lol..

no, they let me walk away with all of it. which really made me question their motivation.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join