It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Is On Facebook

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
[
how did fb know im them without a log in and pass?
is it storing information about ats user vs facebook user info?

xploder

Some websites have the ability to share or "like" events. You'll typically be asked to log into your Facebook account. The website then cache's the information.

If a Facebook "application" requires information to be kept longer than 24hrs or post items to your wall that's public, think mafia wars, the app will ask permission to access the the information it needs.

Have you ever used a RSS reader. We've aimed this to be an another "fun" way to enjoy the RSS feeds we already offer.

does any private information stored come from user accounts?

edit to add from user accounts on ats?

[edit on 23-8-2010 by XPLodER]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The most dangerous thing on fb is farmville or any of the other apps.

Turn off and block all apps!!! Thats my opinion from experience.

And fb has great privacy settings, you can choose just friends, or friends of friends, or just you.... Or you can choose vacation and it turns it off until you decide to turn it back on again.

You can also block people from finding you on search engines. Or you can block people from seeing who your friends are.

You can block all aspects of facebook according to your own personal requirements. Another example, you can choose who can see what albums you have, like my kids, I only let close family members have access to those folders. fb is awesome, myspace sucks.

You can also choose who can see what your status update says, I always block my mom, that way we can still be friends, but she never can see what I'm saying on my status updates, lol

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Oh for Pete sakes. Come on, you yourself said a month or so ago that you didn't see this happening for security reasons.

This is as bad as it gets. Who cares if you advertise there. The way you did it opens up every ATS member to one the direct CIA database, Two Facebook data mines their members PCs. So now when a person logs onto Facebook, ATS is going to be suggested as a friend.

Now I'm seriously considering not being a member here because its all about the money anymore.

I cant believe you all decided to go this route. This is lame, Facebook is a CIA conspiracy so you decide to join them and basically out everyone here!!

Heck you might as well link to Myspace and E-harmony too. I can see it now, Tinfoil love chats in the dating section.

Seriously, put a stop to this. Unless you can guarantee me 100 percent that our real names will NEVER come up on the Facebook ATS page by themselves or ATS being recommended to us on our facebook pages then you should have the decency to put a stop to this.

To all who worry about censorship, wait till you see what happens now. People wont say much to censor or is that what ATS wants, or was that the plan the whole time? Lure everyone in and then expose them.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I think this is a great idea, and made a thread some time ago asking how to link my friends to ATS on FB.

I do have to ask though, will the T&C rules on ATS apply to what we say on FB?

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
after reading the privacy statement of face book i have a few questions

Information we receive from third parties:

Facebook Platform. We do not own or operate the applications or websites that you use through Facebook Platform (such as games and utilities). Whenever you connect with a Platform application or website, we will receive information from them, including information about actions you take. In some cases, in order to personalize the process of connecting, we may receive a limited amount of information even before you connect with the application or website.

Information from other websites. We may institute programs with advertising partners and other websites in which they share information with us:

We may ask advertisers to tell us how our users responded to the ads we showed them (and for comparison purposes, how other users who didn’t see the ads acted on their site). This data sharing, commonly known as “conversion tracking,” helps us measure our advertising effectiveness and improve the quality of the advertisements you see.
We may receive information about whether or not you’ve seen or interacted with certain ads on other sites in order to measure the effectiveness of those ads.

link
www.facebook.com...

what is the infomation shared prior to using common ads and does any private ats information including what ads we click on go to face book
it seams there may be exchange of information going on here and with the ambigious language used im concerned

are ATS members information going to face book even if its add information?

xploder

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Thats why I said block all APPS!

Its easy and it works. Just go to the privacy settings and block them.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

I could have swore he said you didn't have to join fb.

Let people do what they want and you do what you want. Fair?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

so does blocking the apps stop the exchange of information collected from advertising on both sites?

xploder

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
Will you be taking part of "YoVille" or "Farmville" and trying to trade chickens
for ATS points?

[edit on 23-8-2010 by cluckerspud]

LOL!!

The mods dont accept application invites, except for one in particular, but I think his wife is the one actually playing them

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What's going on here? This is basically confirming ATS is a CIA front. Does anyone remember these threads stating Facebook was making public it's user's personal details and where its users were located? and now ATS is on Facebook? This is pretty shocking in my book, it just confirms to me that Facebook, CIA, ATS and US govt are all in cahutz with each other, same as GOOGLE, just another spying agency.

UNBELIEVABLE

www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=598083#

Above link "Details of 100m Facebook users COLLECTED and PUBLISHED".

ATS you have sold your loyal members OUT. This site is no longer a safe site now that its tied in with Facebook.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by kiwitina948]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
sorry but I won't be participating in the ATS Facebook
page. There is a line between business and
pleasure and that crosses the line IMO.

I think the Gov already knows who I am
and don't need a Facebook link to ATS
to get it. But still, a man has his dignity
even if his identity is compromised.

thanks

but no thanks

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
we dont need any of these silly site
we are ok the way we are now
without

YOUFACETWIT

ok maybe youtube is okay

if FB can bring more members that will discuss and debate in a respectfull manner then i say ok bring it on
it can work ATS might open some minds in a good way on some issues
but i will not register on FB
i have one forum where i speak and its here

[edit on 8/24/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiwitina948
What's going on here? This is basically confirming ATS is a CIA front.

How is it a confirmation?

and now ATS is on Facebook?

No one is asking our current members to join, or even to "Fan/Like/Whatever" the page unless they want to. As previously mentioned, this is an effort to reach out to existing Facebook users.

it just confirms to me that Facebook, CIA, ATS and US govt are all in cahutz with each other

Again... how?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
The way you did it opens up every ATS member to one the direct CIA database

Can you explain how you believe that to be the case?

No Facebook code is on any ATS page.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I got to say I love the page; the format, design and layout are truly wonderful. I personally think it's a great idea to increase public response to ATS.

I understand how many people are disagreeing with the path SO has taken but if you don't like it, don't join or if you want to follow it,create a separate account on your ATS username like I have done.

I "liked" it and so have 996 other people. Not all of them can be wrong

link   
I realize that the art of success in business is growth,
however when you get too large it can be a bad thing.
Adding a FB page surely will bring in lots more members
however, when you get so large a membership that
a single post does not appear on the front page cuz of
a hundred posts behind it knock it off. Then great threads
get lost in the shuffle of mega-membership.

Yes you may get more money from advertisers
and more traffic but you will also lose valuable
members. I hope it was worth the sacrifice.
And the term, "too big to fail" does not apply
to websites like it applies to Wall Street.

Members have just been sacrificed
in the name of big business.

Where have we seen THAT before ????

link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
it seams there may be exchange of information going on here and with the ambigious language used im concerned

are ATS members information going to face book even if its add information?

There is none.

No connection other than a link to the FB ATS page exists between our domain and theirs.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Although I'm all for a bigger public and an ever growing and developing site, I do not understand why you use a medium which has the of being a government suck up.

Not only that, this site will get an awful lot of attention. There is what worries me. A site like this should have members that are actually curious enough to get here. But now there is no telling where they come for.

I sure hope that we don get every single reply from a religious fellow aith a bible verse in it. It could take ages before all new members get what it means to be civilized.

I would not have chosen a way that can become a waterfall of new members. Not all at once anyway...

Anyways

I hope it works out...

on ATS

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
when you get so large a membership that
a single post does not appear on the front page cuz of
a hundred posts behind it knock it off. Then great threads
get lost in the shuffle of mega-membership.

I'm not sure I know what you mean. All topics displayed on the site home, forum summaries, and hot/top summary pages are there because members "voted" them there by the use of flagging.

Members have just been sacrificed
in the name of big business.

How so? Facebook users tend to stay on Facebook to discuss what their friends post. Those who elect to join ATS are probably people who have become frustrated with Facebook and are looking for an alternative... it wouldn't be good that their alternative is ATS?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I find this back-lash regarding the FB ATS page quite ironic. Every day there are posts lamenting the general public is "asleep" and unaware. Now, here is the opportunity to present the general public (those American Idol, MSM watchers that you all love to denigrate) with a direct connection to something other than MSM and you all are complaining about it. Lol. What the hypocritical turn-around I see displayed. Interesting...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join