It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Is On Facebook

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
No connection other than a link to the FB ATS page exists between our domain and theirs.

But is it possible that one day, ATS will facilitate facebook users to log in to ats using their fb login?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

However, there's a stupid large number of people there, many of whom may have not heard about ATS. The page is designed as an outreach effort to encourage Facebook users to learn about us and especially what our members have to say. And since officially promoting the page on the ATS home just 20 minutes ago, we jumped from 105 people liking the page, to 212. So, it may very work nicely as an outreach.

edit on by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

Yeah because what ATS needs now more than anything is young stupid people. If the rising rage on the forum isn't indicative of the influx of said demographic I don't know what it. Maybe I'm getting old and grumpy. But if we want to have serious debates I don't think inviting people from facebook is the way to do that.

I'm sure it won't hurt the advertising revenue though. Good luck.

Yeah

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

No Facebook code is on any ATS page.

might I remind the Overlord that by enabling
3rd party cookies in one's browser (default setting)
that ATS and Facebook can now share tracking
cookie information.

My Norton Security Suite removes ATS's
tracking cookie every time I close my
browser, however if I have Facebook
AND ATS open at the same time, my
Facebook cookie data will be shared
in the ATS tracking cookie. And thusly
an identity security breach. Regardless
if you use Facebook apps or not.

Is this not true ?????

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I think it's a great idea, way to go SO

I have nothing to hide and nothing to fear, I also don't have thousands of 'friends' so it's not much of an issue for me. I am a little concerned about the influx of new members but I'm sure we can all get along

Peace.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
Not only that, this site will get an awful lot of attention.

There are others in the "conspiracy space" getting lots of attention...
Alex Jones
-- Prison Planet
Jeff Rense
Jesse Ventura
Unexplained Mysteries
Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth
We Are Change
World 911 Truth

There's a lot more, but these are some of the FB pages with lots of fans/likes.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
cookie information.

That is incorrect and cannot happen.

Cookie data cannot be shared between domains with specific code communicating the date from the servers of one domain, to the servers of another.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
But is it possible that one day, ATS will facilitate facebook users to log in to ats using their fb login?

No.

That would violate the currently posted spirit of our privacy policy.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

SkepticOverlord

What's a face book??

I know only ATS...

Peace

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
Yeah because what ATS needs now more than anything is young stupid people.

There is no data to suggest that FB users leave that environment, and join additional membership sites, simply because of an interesting link or two. In fact, the research indicates that FB users remain there to discuss found links and topics.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Seriously guys, if you dont like it then dont bother going to facebook or if you are already on facebook, dont hit like

And if you're worried about ATS becoming a CIA front then leave

Geez

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
I find this back-lash regarding the FB ATS page quite ironic. Every day there are posts lamenting the general public is "asleep" and unaware. Now, here is the opportunity to present the general public (those American Idol, MSM watchers that you all love to denigrate) with a direct connection to something other than MSM and you all are complaining about it. Lol. What the hypocritical turn-around I see displayed. Interesting...

Here is someone who understands.

We can't be afraid to reach out and inform those who we believe have been misinformed.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

cookie information.

That is incorrect and cannot happen.

Cookie data cannot be shared between domains with specific code communicating the date from the servers of one domain, to the servers of another.

Third-party cookies

When viewing a Web page, images or other objects contained within this page may reside on servers besides just the URL shown in your browser. While rendering the page, the browser downloads all these objects. Most modern websites that you view contain information from lots of different sources. For example, if you type www.domain.com into your browser, widgets and advertisements within this page are often served from a different domain source. While this information is being retrieved, some of these sources may set cookies in your browser. First-party cookies are cookies that are set by the same domain that is in your browser's address bar. Third-party cookies are cookies being set by one of these widgets or other inserts coming from a different domain.

en.wikipedia.org...

can't happen huh ???

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I agree with you, somewhat. There is a ton of evidence that FB was either started by the CIA or is funded by the CIA. I completely understand people's concern about ATS being involved with FB in any way. But it is simple to avoid the ATS page and FB in general

[edit on 24-8-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
You know, if the CIA are really all that dangerous as some of you claim, then I think facebook wouldnt be a top priority tool for finding out who someone really is

Background check anyone

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Of course not. Useful for gathering information about what people are saying, thinking, etc., though.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

can't happen huh ?

You mentioned the sharing of cookie data between domains, which cannot happen with out specific code.

Yes, site ABC.com can put a JavaScript "beacon" on site XYZ.com which can write a cooke that may be aware of the page you load. And XYZ.com may write a cookie to keep track of variables related to your session (log-in status). But ABC.com and XYZ.com are unaware of the content of each other's cookies.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
There is a ton of evidence that FB was either started by the CIA or is funded by the CIA.

The evidence suggests that the CIA's venture capital firm, In-Q-Tel, provided some significant early funding. While that can -- and should -- be alarming, one should not that lots of technology firms have receive venture capital from In-Q-Tel which have not resulted in nefarious firms with evil intent.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
SO, did someone take note of the number of active members before the switch was flipped on Facebook? It would be very interesting to see the metrics regarding new membership in the 7-14-30-60-90 day periods following this move.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

But ABC.com and XYZ.com are unaware of the content of each other's cookies.

As you say "I always understood that first party cookies could only be served AND read by the same domain / server - the site that you're on. " and this is true. The point is that if your tag is in the page you are browsing (or being directly referenced by it) then the monitoring code IS part of the site as it is part of the page, so it is able to access the first-party cookie...

...and that is not a problem as the site owner has knowingly added the tag to the page just like any other piece of content in the page - the fact that it might be served from another server (the Analytics ASP in this case) is kind of irrelevent.

The significant point is that the cookie being set, manipulated or read IS a first party cookie and IS part of the site (domain) your browsing - not part of the "third-party" monitoring server. ... So imagine you go to www.a.com (which is being monnitored by speed-trap) the analytics system can set or read items in the cookie beloning to www.a.com. But when the visitor goes to www.b.com the ONLY cookie the monitoring system can see would be the one belonging to www.b.com domain (even if this site is also being monitored by speed-trap.)

econsultancy.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Of course not. Useful for gathering information about what people are saying, thinking, etc., though.

And also which girl I hooked up with, and what I did with her.....and the CIA finds this important for...what reason?

Seriously, if they were worried, they would already be on ATS or any other conspiracy site, and if it were an issue of nationa sercurity, that site would be simply shut down immediately. You guys are assuming the CIA are morons or something...confused by that

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join