ATS Is On Facebook

page: 5
67
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord
 


Hello, Skeptic Overload.

There are a number of threads on ATS questioning facebook, with a number of conspiracy theories pertaining to the site...

Can I ask whether you, and your staff, will be fully endorsing the ATS facebook page, or whether there is room for some moderators to ''boycott'' this move, so to speak, due to previous concerns ?

Essentially, if you're ''bigging up'' ATS on facebook, then will there be adequate opportunities to question this social-networking site, without too much interference from ''special interests'' people, that are actively involved with the ATS facebook page ?




posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord
 

Evidence indeed...and something we as a society are going to have to get used to.

We are using their tools to define their tools...and that is something they are going to have to get used to.



posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint
 


What you posted supports what I've been saying.



posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
Can I ask whether you, and your staff, will be fully endorsing the ATS facebook page, or whether there is room for some moderators to ''boycott'' this move, so to speak, due to previous concerns ?

As explained, the page is an outreach to the people who are increasingly spending most of their time on Facebook, not an "endorsement" of Facebook by ATS.




Essentially, if you're ''bigging up'' ATS on facebook, then will there be adequate opportunities to question this social-networking site, without too much interference from ''special interests'' people, that are actively involved with the ATS facebook page ?

There will be absolutely no limitations on the ongoing conspiracy theory research and speculation into Facebook as a company, or the founder as a person.

Clear enough?



posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
What you posted supports what I've been saying.


well I posted this

"so it is able to access the first-party cookie..."

and that contradicts your prior statement of

"Cookie data cannot be shared between domains"



posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
There will be absolutely no limitations on the ongoing conspiracy theory research and speculation into Facebook as a company, or the founder as a person.

Clear enough?


But, moderators will surely be allowed to join the ATS facebook page ?

How can we be sure that these moderators won't have ''divided loyalties'' if we are questioning facebook on any given thread ?



posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
well I posted this
"so it is able to access the first-party cookie..."


And I said the data associated with cookies cannot be shared between two domains without specific code that does so. And I also indicated no such code is on ATS.

Your example references cookies written for analytics data, which we use. But there is no additional code to inform the analytics vendor about the data that relates to ATS cookies, and visa versa.



posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
How can we be sure that these moderators won't have ''divided loyalties'' if we are questioning facebook on any given thread ?

Since it doesn't happen now -- moderation of topical content rather than decorum/T&C -- it won't happen with Facebook-related topics.



posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Since it doesn't happen now -- moderation of topical content rather than decorum/T&C -- it won't happen with Facebook-related topics.


Yes, it doesn't happen ''in-house'' now, but what I'm worried about is if it happens outside of ATS...

Of course, you're going to deny the possibility, but I have severe reservations about potential ''facebook cliques'' that may, or may not, involve members of the ATS moderation hierarchy.



posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord
 


Bill
I understand what you are saying


Would you do me and a lot of others
here a big favor?

Would you post here in this thread
the ATS cookie coding? So that I might
verify it with Facebook's cookie code
to see if there are similarities in variables
used.

If ATS temporarily stores certain variables
in memory via java script such as: username$
or userdata$ or others

and Facebook uses those same variables recalled
from the memory then we have a problem that
needs addressing.

Would you please post your cookie code please ????
thanks



posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint
 


I highly recommend you download a free tool called Fiddler2. With that tool, you can see EVERYTHING that is passed between any site and your browser, even HTTPS traffic. This with a little bit of research will certainly set your mind at ease.

I know you folks don't know me from Adam West, but I am very experienced at this sort of think. I do it for a living. I am not concerned with Facebook. There is not logical reason so long as one is careful with the information one personally passes to a site.

[edit on 8-24-2010 by rogerstigers]



posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
Yeah because what ATS needs now more than anything is young stupid people.

There is no data to suggest that FB users leave that environment, and join additional membership sites, simply because of an interesting link or two. In fact, the research indicates that FB users remain there to discuss found links and topics.


Could you provide links to support this information??? I find it hard to belive that if somebody saw a thread title on facebook like " UFO lands on white house lawn for tea with president" and they had even a remote interest in the topic they would follow the link back to ats which I'm sure you will conveniently place within a mouse click away.



posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
But, moderators will surely be allowed to join the ATS facebook page ?

How can we be sure that these moderators won't have ''divided loyalties'' if we are questioning facebook on any given thread ?


I don't moderate the FB page and won't.

But as far as loyalties go...I posted this on my associated profile many moons ago...

www.youtube.com...

Have fun...and when one considers that the 'establishment' has tech and strategy beyond the comprehension of the average human, there is no reason we can't use that same outlet to inform...



posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd
 


I agree with you here. I found ATS through a link from another site, rather than a search engine. The quality of the site kept me here. Of course, the FaceBook audience may not be quite so easy to sway.



posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
and they had even a remote interest in the topic they would follow the link back to ats

Yes, that's would should happen.

However, the concern is that ATS will be inundated with the unsophisticated Facebook crowd in the form of new memberships. And I don't see. FB users will read the link, then comment on FB... the won't join ATS just to post a comment.



posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
and Facebook uses those same variables recalled
from the memory then we have a problem that
needs addressing.

First, ATS cookie data is benign... except for perhaps the username, which is never loaded into JavaScript.

Second, as I've repeatedly said, several times, and seems to be ignored, NO FACEBOOK CODE IS ON ATS. So your scenario is not going to happen.

Third, no ATS code will be revealed.



posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
I highly recommend you download a free tool called Fiddler2. With that tool, you can see EVERYTHING that is passed between any site and your browser, even HTTPS traffic. This with a little bit of research will certainly set your mind at ease.

I know you folks don't know me from Adam West, but I am very experienced at this sort of think. I do it for a living. I am not concerned with Facebook. There is not logical reason so long as one is careful with the information one personally passes to a site.

Roger
I use to do it for a living as well.
It is not the info that is contained
within the cookie itself that causes
the alarms. But the variables used
between domains via java script
that is temporarily stored in RAM
memory that can be read without
a cookie. Posting the cookie code
will show different variables created.
If those variable names match what
another site uses, then that creates
a security breach. You cannot read
the java scripting on ATS by the
"view source" as java script is not
html.



posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Third, no ATS code will be revealed.

thank you for that clarification

2nd line



posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
But the variables used
between domains via java script
that is temporarily stored in RAM
memory that can be read without
a cookie.

The hypothetical scenario of cross-domain scripting of cookie information via JavaScript has not been proven to happen on legitimate web sites. And even if it were to happen, the misbehaving domain would need to know the relevance of the content of a cookie, which is typically nondescript.

edit on by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
I don't moderate the FB page and won't.

But as far as loyalties go...I posted this on my associated profile many moons ago...

www.youtube.com...


Someone has to, though.

Otherwise it's a target for ''vandalism''.

I'm merely questioning the position of an ATS moderator, who is also an active an open ATS facebook member, and their position on any facebook conspiracy...


Originally posted by MemoryShockHave fun...and when one considers that the 'establishment' has tech and strategy beyond the comprehension of the average human, there is no reason we can't use that same outlet to inform...


Hmm. I'll have to think about this one.






top topics



 
67
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join