It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 NFL Contest Trash Talking and Q&A thread

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Someone sent me some Dallas Cowboy jokes this morning. I figured I would share.

The Texas State Police are cracking down on speeders heading into Dallas .

For the first offense, they give you 2 Dallas Cowboy tickets. If you get stopped a second time, they make you use them.

Q. What do you call 47 millionaires around a TV watching the Super Bowl?
A. The Dallas Cowboys.

Q. What do the Dallas Cowboys and Billy Graham have in common?
A. They both can make 70,000 people stand up and yell "Jesus Christ".

Q. How do you keep a Dallas Cowboy out of your yard?
A. Put up a goal post.

Q. What do you call a Dallas Cowboy with a Super Bowl ring?
A. Old.

Q. What's the difference between the Dallas Cowboys and a dollar bill?
A. You can still get four quarters out of a dollar bill.

Q. How many Dallas Cowboys does it take to win a Super Bowl?
A. Nobody remembers.

Q. What do the Cowboys and a possums have in common?
A. Both play dead at home and get killed on the road!

edit on 5-11-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Well that was painful this week ... what the hell happened?

Big ups to Ceriddwen for getting 10 wins out of that train wreck ... well played!

Now the season starts in earnest with 16 games every week and big swings in the standings can and probably will start happening.

And can someone thaw out Madden and stick him in a bus ... thanksgiving ain't thanksgiving without him.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Are any of you getting jealous over the fact that an Australian, who has only seen 4 games all year, is actually kicking all you yanks butts?

S-dog, Im looking in your direction

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

How many chickens do you have?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by OzWeatherman

How many chickens do you have?

Well sir I have.....

Hey, wait a sec

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

That is all.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I remember that avvy.. and the pic was... Mark celebrating his first NFL completion.. correct?

Reminder to participants... Entries close tonight 7:20PM EST... so make sure to get your picks in soon

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Time for another pick contest beatdown handed out by yours truly this week
:

Peace

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Man, I know they aren't favored and I'm a little bias...

But NO LOVE for Houston.

Harsh guys, harsh.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

You've got to pick with your head and not your heart. The Texans have two of the most dynamic offensive players in the league; Andre Johnson and Arian Foster. Foster has a chance to be the next Marshall Faulk, health providing. This guy's going to eclipse 2000 total yards this year and nobody even talks about him.

Unfortunately, and I'm not sure it's going to happen, the Texans need an overhaul in coaching and at the general manager spot. Of course you can't get rid of the owner who's unwilling to take risks with free-agent players, but you can do those other things. They are on the cusp of greatness regardless of their record.

Wait 'til next year is all I can say. They should have no problem getting Cowher or Gruden if they choose to.

Peace

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Yea I'll admit I always go with the Texans, but I thought this week it was a toss up with who would win. Whoever showed up in the best condition.

I didn't get to watch it because it was on NFL net, but it seemed like the Texans just got outplayed.

Totes agree on the coaching. I'm hoping Gruden comes to Houston, or maybe Fisher gets let go and wants to stick it to Bud Adams.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

I'd love to have Fisher, but I don't think Adams is dumb enough to let him go, especially if he's going to end up in the same division. I remember when the Oilers made Fisher their coach just before they left Houston and everybody was up in arms, same with the Steve McNair pick. Just goes to show that you never know.

I'd rather have a fiery defensive coach like Cowher, somebody who gets in players' faces, but Gruden's pretty intense too. Kubiak will have another chance somewhere, and he will succeed, but I think his stay in Houston is, and should be, nearing an end.

Peace

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I disagree about Kubiak, he's a coordinator. He doesn't have the moxie to be a head coach.

Cowher, Gruden and Fisher are equally good in my book. I know Fisher doesn't have a ring, but if that Kevin Dyson had a few more inches of reach he would.

I guess we gotta wait a few more weeks to see where this takes us. Last nights game looks like it would've been a good one to watch.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Question:

What are you guys agoing to do about the game being played tonight? Will the results be posted then?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I will be updating the results this morning.. I pushed back the day since that one game was postponed til Tuesday..

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Let me be the first one to congratulate OutKast Searcher for taking the 2010 picks contest title. Although the official results have not been posted yet, it doesn't take a calculator to figure this one out.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
So are we doing this again this year?

Provided of course that the NFL gets everything straightened out.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
So are we doing this again this year?

Provided of course that the NFL gets everything straightened out.

I'm in!

Go Cowboys!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Woot! my new favorite member! Go Cowboys!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Bumping the thread. Is anyone else interested in doing the picks again this season?

GO COWBOYS!!!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join