It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 NFL Contest Trash Talking and Q&A thread

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Season Standings

[SNIP]

8 - iamsupermanv2
8 - sugarmonkey
8 - Boognish
6 - LDragonFire
5 - Rising Against

Noooooooo!!

How could l be last and fail sooooooooo badly?!

Tis not fair!

edit on 14-9-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
Tis not fair!

What's not fair is that I know squat about the football teams in the states and just fake it. Unless that Brady guy is still a quarterback, I couldn't for the life of me name another one.

relax, it's the start of the season and before long you will be seeing me at the bottom and you can rejoice.

On the other hand, I have been known to be lucky every now and again and do manage to beat the Mod's at this...every so often...

plenty of time for you to come out on top and then you can rub it in every ones faces...at least, that's what happened last year if I recall..

I don't think that I could stand a repeat winner like that one last year so please, someone beat him..

go leafs..........

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder

I don't think that I could stand a repeat winner like that one last year so please, someone beat him..

I know right ... I hate that guy so much!

reply to post by Rising Against

Don't worry RA, 5 wins a week will easily spank the staff.

edit on 14 Sep 2010 by schrodingers dog because: I'm a barbie girl, in a barbie world

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

What's not fair is that I know squat about the football teams in the states and just fake it. Unless that Brady guy is still a quarterback, I couldn't for the life of me name another one.

Ha! Yeah, I'm pretty much the same tbh, in fact I only learn about this type of football (I mean the incorrect type of football
) through the madden games.

If I didn't have that then...

On the other hand, I have been known to be lucky every now and again and do manage to beat the Mod's at this...every so often...

Actually, yeah, I seem to remember beating a certain moderator in the Fantasy football this week as well funnily enough.

I probably shouldn't say who it was though.

edit on 14-9-2010 by Rising Against because: Cause I'm an idiot?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Congratulations to this week's winners of the weekly 1st Place Prize!!!

1000 BTS goes to....

OutKast Searcher & Aggie Man

500 BTS goes to...

OzWeatherman, IrishLass, yigsstarhouse, tribewilder & schrodingers dog

Wow, I beat out RisingAgainst, who was last if my recollection is correct.....woohoo.

Way to go OutKast and Aggie.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by IrishLass

Wow, I beat out RisingAgainst, who was last if my recollection is correct.....woohoo.

And yes, a big Congrats to the weeks official winners as well!!!

Oh, and a HUGE congrats to all those who managed beat the MODS!!!!!!

Woop!

edit on 14-9-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I know this is the trash talking thread; however, I will remain humble this week. Next week, y'all better have your game faces on because humble will be out the window.

Congrats to the co-winner, OutKast Searcher.

To the rest of you, I would say better luck next time, but I wouldn't mean it

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Don't worry RA, 5 wins a week will easily spank the staff.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The entry thread will lock in an hour.... get your picks in

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
uggg I knew it would get ugly for me this fast! Thank goodness there is a part 2 to todays games. I hate when I go with teams I cant stand because I think they should win and they dont. No wonder I hate em! mumblin.... Glad I came over hee to this thread though, now I know who to watch! Cowboys... patuueeee...

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
What a disaster the early games were. Heads will roll in Dallas this week. I'm absolutely disgusted.

Oh, and I almost forgot...

edit on 19-9-2010 by Aggie Man because:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

GO BEARS!!!!!!!

They didn't even need an obscure NFL rule to win this week.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
What is going on with my beloved Cowboys???? 2 weeks-2 losses?

Is it too early to go cry in the corner?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarmonkey

no you should go cry...its only going to get worse for them

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

You may want to revise your post on the picks page, its showing almost the entire post as bold. You must have forgot a closing "/" somewhere

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarmonkey
What is going on with my beloved Cowboys???? 2 weeks-2 losses?

Is it too early to go cry in the corner?

An reliable "insider" is saying that Wade Phillips is on the way out and Bill Cowher is coming in. According to the source, this will happen Monday (regardless of whether the Cowboys win Sunday or not).

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

thanks for the heads up there Oz, and also thanks to the mod that helped me fix it.

darn coding...i guess I did miss a slash. that's why i stopped doing websites, always messed something up somewhere.

and aggieman....is this a person you know? I'm not trying to challenge what you say, just very curious. Would love to have something over my Dallas Home-r friends for once

edit on 9/23/2010 by iamsupermanv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
and aggieman....is this a person you know? I'm not trying to challenge what you say, just very curious. Would love to have something over my Dallas Home-r friends for once

It's a friend of a friend. The source of the information has a number of NFL contacts and has been the first to break accurate information before. Although I said Bill Cowher yesterday, the system would not let me edit to add that Cowher is not the only one on the list. Brian Billick is also on the short list and a new potential replacement cropped up this morning....get this .....Jimmy Johnson (although I highly doubt it).

I have scoured the web looking for any talk along these lines. I found another source claiming the same thing as my "insider":

prosportsblogging.com...

From everything I hear, something is definitely up in the Cowboys locker room....and no one is talking (at least not on the record). NOW, remember, this IS the Cowboys. This could be a story planted out there to deflect the media away from all the 0-2 talk. The local media is ALL OVER this story right now, so there may be some truth to it. Only time will tell.

ETA: additional source (although this seems to be more of an opinion piece)

nbcsports.msnbc.com...

edit on 23-9-2010 by Aggie Man because: to add additional source

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Thanks for the reply and the link to the article

This seems to be very interesting, It's also kind of interesting I haven't heard mention of it on "The Herd" yet..Colin is all over Wade.

Should be interesting watching all of this unfold the next few days.

Thanks again.

Now on topic for this trash talking thread...

EVERYONE IS GOING DOWN! GRRR!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

If Jimmah Johnson still has the coaching itch, it's definitely something to think about. Cowher should be offered the job and would be stupid to turn it down. He'll never fall into a pool of talent like Dallas has anywhere else.

Peace

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join