It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Target Iran: The real reason behind the bullseye pegged on Iran

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
China and Iran have agreed to end the global policy of a single currency for all crude oil transactions. Coincidentally the US is flirting with a default (reaction) and gold is at an all-time high (reaction). Not to go off track but have you noticed the amount of people on the street corners advertizing things like "Top dollar for your gold/silver/diamonds"? Kind of eerie.

Iran and China are reportedly in talks to use a barter system to continue oil trade between the two countries, according to Financial Times. This comes after U.S. imposed financial sanctions have prevented China from paying at least $20 billion for its oil imports.

China's oil imports from Iran increased about 50% to 13.5 million tons in the first half of 2011, compared to the same period a year before, according to Iran Independent News Service.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

Looks like the decades of sanctions, Bush war threats and undersea cable cutting is not going to stop Iran or China from going against current US/UK policy. The Iranian Oil Bourse is now up and operational as of this month, and at the same time we here in the Unitedstatesofamerica are at a crossroad in government fiscal policy.

What do you want to bet the debt ceiling and default issue have something to do with the Iranian Oil Bourse? What happens to all those oil dollars in Europe and China? I have a feeling that this is like a parent (the US) threatening to disown an adult-child. Only problem is that the child (China) will one day no longer need the emotional support and advice of their parents, heck they are already practically living on their own.

I have used this site to further understand what is the petrodollar theory. There are some good reads here on this forum. Links below.

Petrodollar Warfare: Dollars, Euros and the Upcoming Iranian Oil Bourse
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Iran's Oil Bourse Will Start Operations Feb. 17
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The 2012 Summer Olympics should be quite interesting.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by airspoon

Iran said there would be a response for the unjust sanctions, here comes the response, it is gonna hurt..

Very well thought out response also

Actually it isnt a response. Irans plans to drop the dollar were the reason of the sanctions to begin with.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Iran is part of the war oils that the US started a long time ago, regardless of presidents, Bush fulfilled his part of it and even Obama can not keep away from the agenda.

This is a private interest fueled war.

But now we have a problem, China has invested billions in Iran oil that is why US have not gone into Iran in full force, yes it has been attempts to destabilized the nation like they did successfully in Libya but Iran is proving to be a more stable country that many supporters of war think.

A littler bit of history and a walk on the memory lane.

Of Oil, War and Power

www.globalpolicy.org...

edit on 7-9-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Personally, I think that Iran likely already has a pretty capable nuclear weapons program in secret. Pretty easy to do in all that rural terrain. I think where they lack is a delivery system to deliver them anywhere beyond their immediate vicinity. Then again, I don't think that is their aim.

However, like the OP, this is NOT the reason we'd be interested in bringing them down. Of course, I differ from the OP in that I see the need for nations to protect their interests, including economic ones, and yes, we certainly play dirty when needs must. Iraq is a prime example.... I too think that economic reasons, not any role in terrorism, were behind our invasion there.

Thing is though, we're mired enough in the Middle East, to where opening up a whole other front is simply bad business there. It's a money pit that we shouldn't get ourselves into.

As for the wiping off the map semantics, his (Iran's leader) message is still pretty clear (i.e. the utter destruction of the Israeli regime).

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Thanks for this tantalizing perspective on Iran, I was already thinking of other reasons why they are continuously villianized by the MSM, but the money thing.......very interesting, to say the least.

!Epiphany moment!!!- What's up with Hugo Chavez he's got oil and is working hard to get the gold reserves his country holds. With Oil and Gold for trade, I bet he's a threat to the Dollar if there ever was any... I wonder if He has any nuclear ambitions?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by balanc3

He is a danger to US interest, (private) the only reason he is a danger is because he paid his Nations debt (to the IMF) in full, took back the nations oil from the US private interest that was running them.

And as for nuclear power, well with so many enemies around he should.
after all Venezuela already has been targeted for destabilization more than once before during his regime.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Great op. Cut through the propaganda.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join