It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad unveils new 'ambassador of death' unmanned drone bomber

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Sunday inaugurated the country's first domestically built unmanned bomber aircraft, calling it an "ambassador of death" to Iran's enemies.
The 4-meter-long drone aircraft can carry up to four cruise missiles and will have a range of 620 miles (1,000 kilometers), according to a state TV report - not far enough to reach archenemy Israel.

The goal of the aircraft, named Karrar or striker, is to "keep the enemy paralyzed in its bases," he said, adding that the aircraft is for deterrence and defensive purposes.
The president championed the country's military self-sufficiency program, and said it will continue "until the enemies of humanity lose hope of ever attacking the Iranian nation."

Source

Second Source with picture

This looks very deadly

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
the Iranian drone alone is not too much
to worry about with a 620 mile radius.

HOWEVER, if it was launched from
Lebanon. It could bomb Tel-Aviv
in a matter of minutes. And on radar
it might just look like an incoming rocket.
And drones are hard to shoot down by missile
cuz there is no heat source to lock onto.

I have a feelin one day in the future
you will see this bad boy flying over
Israeli air space.

also there is a related thread here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 22-8-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
And drones are hard to shoot down by missile
cuz there is no heat source to lock onto.

Of course it has a heat signature, it is propelled with a jet engine.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I've read that they are very deadly.

For example, the man who developed it and ran the Iranian UAV program died in an explosion at his home Aug. 1st.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Got a link to that?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
[edit on 22-8-2010 by GAOTU789]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

So is this closed or what???

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
Of course it has a heat signature, it is propelled with a jet engine.

not all drones have jet engines.
if u look at this link u will see an Iranian drone
that has a propeller

www.topnews.in...

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Ambassador of Death

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

That is not the drone this thread is about...the one it is about has a jet engine

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets
That is not the drone this thread is about...the one it is about has a jet engine

ur right
I stand corrected

my apologies

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by nastalgik
Ambassador of Death

Catchy name,

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Google British Petroleum and Iran

The Iranians wouldn't need such weapons if they weren't being harassed and threatened with attacks by the West.

The US is parked on either side of their nation AND Israel has their finger on the proverbial trigger.

A little history behind all of this ....Google British Petroleum and IRAN.

BP was behind a coup back in 1953 to take over IRANS oil wealth and later lost it to the Revolutionaries in 1979....

That's really what this is about....namely MONEY. and they, the Zionist Banksters are pissed and want it and the OIL profits back.

Plain and Simple.

When was the last time Iran attacked another Nation ?

When was the last time Israel attacked another Nation ?

When was the last time Israel attacked anything ?

If Iran didn't have the OIL then they wouldn't be of any remote interest to the money grubbing Banksters.As well as this Zionist controlled MSM campaign against them.

As a result, they also wouldn't need all of this weaponry in which to defend themselves.

The REAL problem is that the same people* who OWN us wanting to own the Iranians and their OIL .... as well as their Central Bank.

Iran is one of 5 Central Banks that are not owned by the Jewish Family of Banksters.

The Iranians kicked them out in the 1979 Revolution the same as we need to do to save our own Nation.

Look at our economy AND look at the recent Bailouts as well as the massive bonuses handed out at Goldman Sachs this year.

*The Owners of our Federal Reserve:

NM Rothschild of London, Goldman Sachs, Moses Seif Bank of Italy

www.realzionistnews.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Agreed! What in the heck do people expect Iran to do? Sit around and wait to be annihilated? They've been threatened by the US and Israel for over a decade. If I were them I'd be dumping every spare dime into military technology.

This world just plain SUCKS!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Ambassador of Death

I know.
It sounds like some Pro-Wrestler from the 80's.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Ambassador of Death

Catchy name,

Here's some good doublespeak::

Speaking to a group of officials, Ahmadinejad said, "The jet, as well as being an ambassador of death for the enemies of humanity, has a main message of peace and friendship."

Awwwwww..... now I feel all warm and tingly inside......can I be your friend????

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
People seem to be leaving out the "message of peace" part of the name, instead only focusing on the "ambassador of death". Mahmoud Ahmadinejad dubbed it as either a "message of peace" or an "ambassador of death". Of course, the western media and those fooled by it, would only want us to focus on the latter half.

With that being said, I'm sure this UAV wouldn't last very long against western fighters and/or SA missiles. In order for these UAVs to be tactically effective at anything other than light recon, Iran would have to gain air superiority and we all know that wouldn't happen. These UAVs are nothing to worry about.

--airspoon

[edit on 22-8-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
oh no a drone. how deadly is it? so deadly let's forget the hundreds of nukes held by the 'good guys'. Let's forget the devastation of the 2 A bombs dropped on the non whites. Let's forget, and remember more fear! seriously.... gah!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
People seem to be leaving out the "message of peace" part of the name, instead only focusing on the "ambassador of death". Mahmoud Ahmadinejad dubbed it as either a "message of peace" or an "ambassador of death". Of course, the western media and those fooled by it, would only want us to focus on the latter half.

With that being said, I'm sure this UAV wouldn't last very long against western fighters and/or SA missiles. In order for these UAVs to be tactically effective at anything other than light recon, Iran would have to gain air superiority and we all know that wouldn't happen. These UAVs are nothing to worry about.

--airspoon

[edit on 22-8-2010 by airspoon]

Correct. This drone is pretty worthless in a conventional war setting as Iran would not have air superiority. It would however be very useful against the Kurds and other rebel groups in Iran. Also it would make a handy tool to deal with internal unrest when it rears its haed again.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Our snipers will take that thing out.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join