It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad unveils new 'ambassador of death' unmanned drone bomber

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

People seem to be leaving out the "message of peace" part of the name

I named this thread with the headline from the source...if I called it anything other than that it would of been changed by the mods...but I see what you are saying

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by J.Son79
Our snipers will take that thing out.

Have you not read the PR Manual? 'marine sharpshooter' is to replace the word 'sniper' for the negative connotations it brings with it. Dammnit Jim the peasants are rebelling, look what you did

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by J.Son79

Our snipers will take that thing out.

Hahahah...NO

Although I'd love to see them try

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
In essence the USA built this new weapon of war.

Iran launched an arms development program during its 1980-88 war with Iraq to compensate for a U.S. weapons embargo and now produces its own tanks, armored personnel carries, missiles and even a fighter plane.

hosted.ap.org...

Ironic, they build weapons after we cut-off their weapons while in war with Iraq. Then we go take-over Iraq, and posture Iran for war using them building weapons as a justification for war.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Agreed! What in the heck do people expect Iran to do? Sit around and wait to be annihilated? They've been threatened by the US and Israel for over a decade. If I were them I'd be dumping every spare dime into military technology.

This world just plain SUCKS!

And you think Iran dumping every spare dime into military technology will make it suck even less?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I can't believe Iran has done this!!! Up until now, I was giving them the benefit of the doubt, but going out and telling the world that they have the means to now distribute The Bomb if they so choose is a provocation, no doubt. If there's a war that breaks out, Ahmadinejad will be to blame. Dammit.. i really wanted him to be do the right thing here and sit back and let the dust settle before having this little pissing contest.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOPrimate
I can't believe Iran has done this!!! Up until now, I was giving them the benefit of the doubt, but going out and telling the world that they have the means to now distribute The Bomb if they so choose is a provocation, no doubt.

Iran has the right to protect itself. Or did I get the country wrong?

If there's a war that breaks out, Ahmadinejad will be to blame.

Are you saying if Israel attacks it Ahmadinejad fault?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOPrimate
I can't believe Iran has done this!!! Up until now, I was giving them the benefit of the doubt, but going out and telling the world that they have the means to now distribute The Bomb if they so choose is a provocation, no doubt. If there's a war that breaks out, Ahmadinejad will be to blame. Dammit.. i really wanted him to be do the right thing here and sit back and let the dust settle before having this little pissing contest.

Did you sleep through all of the Iranian ballistic missile tests?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Oh no an unmanned drone that is probably about 50 years behind any thing that the US or Israel has. That thing was probably built by Hitler back in the day.

No reason to be scared of this thing unless ofcourse you live in Iran and decide to protest. Move on.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Final Solstice

That's exactly what I was thinking.

This looks strikingly similar to a WWII V1 Buzz Bomb.

I see this as a short cut to an expensive airforce based on large planes and runways. I have no doubts that it has the benefit of moden technology, but even still...the original German design met with only limited success back in the days when it was still eyeballs and cannons on prop-driven aircraft.

My concern is more from the increasing prevelance of drones on the battlefield then from this specific system.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I can see where theres could be effective in an anti shipping role where the straights are very restrcted and the quantities of messengers are sufficient....they no doubt could launch these from primitive platforms and if equipped with the new underwater missles and perhaps an exocette type missle a simulaneous attack by several drones could well sink a ship or two.....
Flown at sea level they may be a hard to pinpoint head on radar target too....skimming the wave tops theyd be darn near invisible against the clutter wouldnt they|?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Originally posted by airspoon
People seem to be leaving out the "message of peace" part of the name, instead only focusing on the "ambassador of death". Mahmoud Ahmadinejad dubbed it as either a "message of peace" or an "ambassador of death". Of course, the western media and those fooled by it, would only want us to focus on the latter half.

With that being said, I'm sure this UAV wouldn't last very long against western fighters and/or SA missiles. In order for these UAVs to be tactically effective at anything other than light recon, Iran would have to gain air superiority and we all know that wouldn't happen. These UAVs are nothing to worry about.

--airspoon

[edit on 22-8-2010 by airspoon]

Correct. This drone is pretty worthless in a conventional war setting as Iran would not have air superiority.

Air superiority doesn't mean anything, especially considering these new Kassar drones appear to be designed to beat conventional air tactics. It is clearly launched from a mobile platform so it can be deployed anywhere and it's a drone, probably with some stealth capacity and maneuverability.

Imagine launching eight of these guys from subs on a carrier task force; load five up with 4 anti-surface/ship/carrier missiles each and three with anti-air capability and encircle the American formation. Add a few dozen patrol boats (speedboats with torpedos/anti-ship missiles/SAM/guns) and some small electric subs into the assault, and only aim to offload weapons from a distance and retreat back to safe Iranian territory in order to cripple the American high-maintenance fleet while surviving to fight another day.

This new drone changes a few things in military strategies for and against Iran, in my opinion. Maybe the Americans were justified after all when they deployed patriot missiles a few years ago in Iraq

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
lol 1 day after they open the reactor they produce this
in your face America!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This is not a "Drone" or anything special. Basically they are doing what other countries did in the late 50s. Its just an unmanned aircraft with a built in warhead, but thats been done by everyone else for a very long time. The first edition of the Tomahawk from the 1970s, is probably more sophisticated and accurate.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Anyone have an idea on what kind of systems this puppy has on it? I mean, any country can build it and slap warheads and other goodies on it all they want but without the right software this birdie is nothing much more than a deadly backyard rocket.

Doesn't it have to land in order to be a drone or at least to be in the same category as modern drones?

Looks like they built the thing from old Soviet spare parts. I love the kindergarten play backdrop and cardboard cut outs of mountains(?) in the pic.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

the subs probably would be blown up as soon as they surfaced to launch.

unless this thing can do m4 it is no threat.

it launches and drops stuff. a platform.

i'm reading a range of 620miles is when the gas runs out?

or is that the end of the ball of string?

"ambassador of death" great name! we have all the good ones, tho.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

the subs probably would be blown up as soon as they surfaced to launch.

And you base this off what exactly?

The American military machine has exposed its primary weaknesses several times in their conflicts with a much less capable enemy. If you think it will march into Tehran like it did against a retreating and rusted out Iraqi army then you are surely a naive fool.

Iran knows it is next on the invasion list. It has been surrounded by American forces for almost ten years now. They are not stupid and for the past ten years or so, since that thing called 9/11, have been arming themselves to wage war against both aggressive American and Israeli forces.

I long for the day when an "inferior" army swarms the US and burns their cities. Hitler called the Soviets "inferior" with "barbarian" technology and last time I checked, it was the Soviets who conquered Berlin and destroyed the German military command.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

Hahahahaha

This looks deadly

Hahahahahaha

(clutches stomach and bends over laughing)

Hahahahahahaha

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Spoken like a true anti American Russian. So how did that communism thingy work for ya? Oh I see you emigrated to Canada because they had jobs! You're country only beat back the Germans because of the winter. The ammo the russians used was so faulty it was lucky to have one bullet in three work. There were no rifles so as a soldier died, the soldier behind picked it up and moved.

Don't lecture me on America's weakness from the perspective of a Russian. Let me tell you as an American, we are the ones who's military went in to Pakistan after the floods... Where was russia? Where? Who went to Haiti after the earthquake with her military and medical ship? Russia? No. Never. Ever. Russia and china do not give aid, they do not offer assistance.... They take and take..

Put that into your cabbage soup.

God bless America and all she has done for the world and for all she's going to do.

Stand proud America. Stand proud.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
So disappointed no Russian replies. So very disappointed.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join