It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fingerprint scanner at Wet N Wild?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Actually, you are partially right, partially wrong.

Yes, if a foreinger has a passport, obviously there are fingerprints on file.

If that country even uses fingerprints as identification to begin with.

Remember, not everywhere uses fingerprints, to identify people.

From Fingerprints to a New Era of Biometrics

But, this is a low-grade way to get people to give up their fingerprint, willingly.

Yes, one finger, but it still gets the system started, with a fingerprint.

No one knows for a fact whether these fingerprints are saved, kept on file, and or transmitted to any Law Enforcement agencies, that would be the question to ask.

POLICE STATE - Milwaukee Cops Using Biometric Fingerprint Scanners on Drivers

While in my original post I mentioned some uses I did not go into more depth.

These biometric readers are electronic like the new fingerprinting technology being used, without ink, which is put into a computer, via laser.

Suprema High Speed Biometrics Fingerprint Scanner

I remember back in 6th grade in 1985 Palm Bay Law Enforcement came into our school, and fingerprinted the entire 6th grade, the claim was that a rash of homes had been broken into in the neighborhood, and it was suspected boys of the 6th grade age range were the culprits.

I do not remember if anyone was ever caught but considering I was 12 I did not care at that time, it was not something I considered much, although I knew Government and Law Enforcement, it was a big deal though.

I remember it because we were taken out of class by our teachers to a centralized location.

Fingerprinted.

Then sent back to our classrooms.

The theme parks doing this with biometrics is as well more than likely a testing platform for new technology, because theme parks, hospitals, and the military are where techology like this are implemented to be field tested, against unsuspecting citizens, when it will be fully deployed in a different capacity after all the bugs are worked out.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
reply to post by mblahnikluver

This creeps me out. Are we going to have to do this to get into a movie theater any time, soon? Will we have to scan our prints while checking out at the grocery store?

I have a question for you, were the prints of children being scanned, too? Or just adults?

I would have marched out of there with my kids in tow, and have demanded a refund, if it was me!

I don't usually agree with Blanca here, but in this case I really have to agree with her. I cannot believe some are accepting this as part of a more "secure" environment". Another poster expresses how they share this information with law enforcement to "Save the children" from Pedo's and to stop illegals from going on vacation. (what a complete joke that is)

Rest assured, people who run a theme park are not concerned with your information privacy. So when that information is shared, accessed by unauthorized people or your print magically turns up at a crime scene you will understand how "safe" your print on file has made you.

In Canada, the police can't just fingerprint you. They need your consent, or they need to arrest and process you. There is a series of bars, trying to implement scanning your drivers license to allow you access, but I would personally refuse that. Each day I read more about how others "Hate the freedoms that Americans enjoy", and I just shake my head at how much this has turned into a lie.

..Ex

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by v3_exceed

Rest assured, people who run a theme park are not concerned with your information privacy. So when that information is shared, accessed by unauthorized people or your print magically turns up at a crime scene you will understand how "safe" your print on file has made you.

This is where I disagree with you completely.

About the only thing I do not agree Law Enforcement will do as well.

Planting fingerprints.

Does that happen often in Canada?

I sure would like to hear anything corroborating that.

I expect a degree of incompetance with fingerprints being taken from crime scenes, yes, people make mistakes, even circumstantial evidence where a fingerprint is present at a crime scene, due to someone having been there.

Sure.

But eventually planting fingerprints?

There are far too many good Law Enforcement to outweigh the dirty.

Do people get evidence planted on them by the Dirty Cop?

Sure.

Of course corporations do not give a damn about our information privacy.

They only care about one thing, their money, even their safety programs are designed to keep lawsuits from happening, over all it is the profit-margin.

Which is why I stated what I said about everything else in my original post.

Keeping tourists from going on vacation?

Really?

Your suggesting I said something as ignorant as that shows you do not think.

While you may or may not agree with Law Enforcement crimes do happen.

That is as plain as day and night.

Crime is not a fictional character it is an actual event that happens daily around the world, theme parks included, America, Canada, Beirut to Baghdad.

Biometrics is not something I completely agree with but not due to the fact I believe fingerprints will be planted as evidenciary means through corruption.

I disagree with it because of our information being shared via computers.

Without our knowledge, without our consent, and without regards for our privacy.

In the name of "safety" and "security" when deficient jobs through malfeasance are evidence enough that "safety" and "security" are nothing but an illusion, due to our willingness to submit.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by VAPatriot

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Yeah, I can see how "convenience" could be construed as "conspiracy".

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

Ben Franklin

Spare me, dude. I am more Libertarian than you'll ever be.

It is an amusement park for God's sake.

Reading through this thread again, the only way I can see this being malevolent is that it is a ground-floor conditioning test. To see how willing people are to giving up biometric data to gain entry. To condition young people that this is normal so that as they get older, more biometric scanners can be deployed without resistance.

First something benign like amusement parks. Next subways, then government buildings. Then what after that?

As for today at amusement parks - I don't see where they'd have any other need for them other than allowing visitors to use their thumbprint to gain access to premium rides or areas that would be additional fees or have age restrictions. Maybe some parks are getting a little too ghetto for families to enjoy and they are banning troublemakers, and this is a way to make sure they stay out.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Disney World has been doing this for several years. It's not a big deal as far as I'm concerned except when the scanner isn't working properly and it takes forever to scan someone in.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
A FAQ from a company that creates fingerprint scanners:

I need fingerprint scanners to install in a water park. Do you have a waterproof scanner?

Yes. We have waterproof and water resistant fingerprint scanners. Our Lumidigm Venus IP65 Outdoor Fingerprint Scanner is a waterproof Fingerprint Scanner. Our Baylock 5000 Waterproof Outdoor Device is an outdoor waterproof Biometric Fingerprint Time & Attendance System with Access Control. Please contact us to get more info about these scanners

www.bayometric.com...

This says to me that it's fairly common.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Would it have been any better if while in line you were visually scanned for your ID? Having to "touch" something for ID bothering you? I understand the concerns of privacy or lack thereof. It is just that biometric ID systems will only get less "physically " obtrusive and more accurate. Just look at the products this company sells.

50 person a minute Iris and face scanner

There are dozens of companies that make the same type of products.
Even the above will be obsolete when they move from standalone products into the software that monitors CCTV.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I recently went to Universal studios with my son earlier this month. Same deal I showed them my tickets and they scanned my fingerprint. It occurs to me that now they have associated my credit card number, home address, and who knows what else with my fingerprint. Which I think is a huge invasion of my privacy. But I guess I'm doomed anyway because the government has several sets of my finger and footprints since I spent 10+ years in the USAF. Peace

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
So I mentioned this to someone and got this response:

"They scan your fingerprints before you board ride in case something happens ...like ride derails, electrocution, injuries result. They do this so they will know exactly WHO is on the ride, thus preventing those who would attempt to claim injury for financial compensation when they were not even on the ride."

I don't buy it. I'm with the others who see this as subtle conditioning for something else.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

Originally posted by v3_exceed
So when that information is shared, accessed by unauthorized people or your print magically turns up at a crime scene you will understand how "safe" your print on file has made you.

This is where I disagree with you completely.
About the only thing I do not agree Law Enforcement will do as well.
Planting fingerprints.
Does that happen often in Canada?
I sure would like to hear anything corroborating that.

In this day and age of DNA I suspect that fingerprint planting is used about as often as throw away knife. I don't expect to convince you that your faith is misplaced in the police services, no matter how much I believe it is.

When people provide that level of personal information to a system which has already proven itself corrupt, it is only a matter of time before those that would abuse the system in place do.

There have been many, many posts showing the planting of drugs, the manufacture of false charges against innocents and the blatant abuse of power as well as the covering up of said abuses. So I don't wish to regurgitate those same posts.

Here we see a third party gathering the fingerprint data, and then sharing that data over line to police services under the guise of "Protecting the children", or "Catching the illegals". Yet, in the same breath they claim the scan is to identify the pass holder but it's also a bone density scanner.

Regardless of how they are collecting the data, there is no obligation to the deletion of the fingerprint data nor any disclosure of who they might later share it with. To trust such a system even at the best of times would be inane, but to trust it under these circumstances is madness.

..Ex

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Three_moons
Just found this and figured I'd pass it along. It's rather obvious which slant it's taking since it mentions the NWO in the first sentence.

Edit to add link about Disney and scanners.

[edit on 8/20/2010 by Three_moons]

I believe that is the same article I linked to.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
The lie of management to employees needs to get sent to news outlets too, that is pretty serious when their management are already feeling so guilty about this that they are resorting to that..

Agreed. Why lie to the employees? If they aren't honest with their employees they sure as heck won't be honest with the customer.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Maybe they scan your fingerprint and link it to your ID when you enter the park so that you can leave your paper ID in the locker room when you change into your swimmin' britches, that way you don't have to be carrying around a paper entry pass through every water ride???

Yeah, I can see how "convenience" could be construed as "conspiracy".

Add: I don't know how water parks work since I don't frequent them, being a pasty white fattish person, so if there is one entry fee and you get to urinate in all the water rides all day long without showing your ID, spare me the flaming. I just see it as more of a convenience thing. I am so sure the FBI is on the lookout for all the criminals at the water park. I mean, isn't that where they all go after they rob that bank?

[edit on 21-8-2010 by AwakeinNM]

Well since you don't know how water parks work I shall help you
I frequent them often, living 40mins from WW is kind of nice
Nobody carries their ID around to the rides. They won't let you bring anything like that up to the ride. Almost everyone gets a locker, they are cheap about 5-10bucks for the day depending on the size of the locker. People also get those hard case things that go around your neck that hold ID, money and whatever else you can fit in it. I have used those in the past and they work great because nothing will get wet. Also most people are already in their swimming suits

Personally I don't feel it's convenient. It held up the line and was a pain in the butt.

Um yeah ok sure pee in the pool. Everyone will laugh when it turns red around you.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LibertyLover

Disney World has been doing this for several years. It's not a big deal as far as I'm concerned except when the scanner isn't working properly and it takes forever to scan someone in.

I haven't been to Disney in years. Had enough of that place as a kid..

Not a big deal? Well I disagree. I dont think it is necessary for a water park. If I were walking into the White House then I can understand and even then I would question it but I went to laze around the lazy river not give them my fingerprint just so I can get in.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Opps. Yep, that's the article you linked but I somehow missed it.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Three_moons

Opps. Yep, that's the article you linked but I somehow missed it.

That is why I always view the links given so I don't post the same one. I have done this myself

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I simply do not understand their stance on why this is or why it would need to
be done. To prevent abuse of their wet 'n wild activities?! This being said, there
only motive is to ensure they scrape every buck out you and prevent any loss.

I hardly think they actually care about the information they collect but rather
they feel that they are bettering your safety. This information could be
vulnerable and accessible to hackers Identity thefts though which is where I see
the true danger.

I think it would fair for the park to give you some kind of print out that outlines
the terms and privacy conditions of you agreeing to scan you.

But to have some paid, citizen in a uniform with a job just saying, "that is how
they know it is your pass", is a little irresponsible. I would personally
refuse and would to speak to a manager and go from there.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by falige
Because tourists often don't carry a form of photo ID and these water parks are mostly visited by tourists. My mum works on selling tickets to these parks to tourists so I learned a bit from what she's told me. But this being ATS and all, i wanna warn you about a conspiracy that mickey mouse is trying to clone the world using fingerprints.

I don't understand? Anyone traveling in the U.S.A. generaly has a photo id anyone traveling from out of the country has a photo id..why would they not have one? Finger printing is something done if you are arrested, buying a ticket should not require it!
The only reason i would think is if they are using this as an excuse for keeping watch for terrorist in large populated places with an instant computer search from your finger print scan to a large data base.
I doubt people working there selling tickets would know if this were a fact.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Just a thought...it is so weird if someone breaks into your car and steal your stuff...happened to me or your home...happened to me, the police won't take fingerprints, say it is to costly!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I will need to return tomorrow to read all the posts, because they look interesting......but.

I don't like this. It sounds "invasive", somehow. I mean, this is something from your very person. What next? A blood sample? lol.

Then they minimize it as though it is no big deal.

My first thought is Who The Heck do They THink They Are? I mean, excuse me, you want my WHAT? For the purpose of WHAT? Giving you my money?

I remember places that used to use a little "ink stamp" on your hand that was fairly durable. Whatever happened to that? Wouldn't something like that serve the same purpose?

Surely they could come up with something a little more...friendly, and less invasive of one's person and privacy. My fingertips are private, thank you so much.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join