It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fingerprint scanner at Wet N Wild?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Just found this and figured I'd pass it along. It's rather obvious which slant it's taking since it mentions the NWO in the first sentence.

Edit to add link about Disney and scanners.

[edit on 8/20/2010 by Three_moons]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by falige
Because tourists often don't carry a form of photo ID and these water parks are mostly visited by tourists. My mum works on selling tickets to these parks to tourists so I learned a bit from what she's told me. But this being ATS and all, i wanna warn you about a conspiracy that mickey mouse is trying to clone the world using fingerprints.

Except for your sarcasm you are correct about the tourist issues to a degree.

This also verifies credit card ticket purchases and criminal records.

Ask your mum for detailed statistics if you get a chance.

reply to post by Blanca Rose

I realize falige's sourse is a family member but was this helpful to the discussion?

No, I am not a Moderator, but I respect you.

When we post to each other having some semblance of respect helps gain more information, especially from an interesting persepctive, no matter who.

reply to post by mblahnikluver

I think originally falige was trying to give some insight from a source.

However, we all must lead by example, and ask critical questions.

Remember, if you want to know something, ask with respect.

You will be surprised where respect can get you in this world.

And I am speaking from having to learn diplomacy the hard way.

Security and Access Control Using Biometric Technologies: Application, Technology, and Management

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b3ca3186a9ac.jpg[/atsimg]

Partial Amazon Review :

The modern rapid advancements in networking, communication, and mobility have increased the need for reliable ways to verify the identity of any person.

Security and Access Control Using Biometric Technologies is the ideal book for any reader interested in learning the basics of biometric systems, or the study of methods for uniquely recognizing humans based on intrinsic physical or behavioral traits.

A good book to read would be the one above if you want to know more about it.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Personally I think people shoudn't be paranoid about this.

The FED's know where you are anyway even without these scanners.

I had to go through an FBI background check to get a real estate lic. , just part of our system, they have these scanners at Universal Studio's in LA Calif. also. No Big Deal

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The lie of management to employees needs to get sent to news outlets too, that is pretty serious when their management are already feeling so guilty about this that they are resorting to that..

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FutureThinker

By why don't you think it's a big deal?

I can understand a real estate agent having to be fingerprinted, but an average person going to a water park?

And no, it's not ok that that other theme parks are fingerprinting patrons also.

It used to be criminals were the only people fingerprinted. So, with that said, why are you complacent about being treated like a criminal?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Busch Gardens in VA does this as well, both Busch Gardens and Water Country USA, they scan all guests' right index fingerprint

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
People, your fingerprint is YOUR PERSONAL PROPERTY. Why do you give it up so readily?

Suppose the next requirement is taking a needle vaccine before boarding the ride? Think it can't happen? Have any of you ever asked how exactly it is that "they" can make flu shots mandatory by calling an emergency?

What gives them the rights to your body? Your consent!

Don't any of you feel a bit galled at having been tricked through "non-disclosure" when your bio-metric information is suddenly made "mandatory" once you have already paid your money for your ticket?

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Firstly what people seem to be missing is this ! For them to use the technology to indentify someone the must already have a copy of your print to compare too .So how did they get that in the first place ? Without anything to compare too this is useless .There are some circumstances where you may have given prints but this would mean your prints are being sold on the open market place with out your permission .A lot of companies would have to declare themselves owners of your prints . I just read recently that finger print scans are being used for ATM's and snack vending machines in Europe .Don't stand for this folks , if you are faced with something like this for something as so trivial as a amusement park or candy bar for that matter .Refuse ,refuse and refuse .Get your money back and leave . These bastards will soon go broke if everybody refuses and tuff luck .They will soon get the message . Don't sell your childrens future !!! REFUSE . Don't give them your finger print , give them the just the damn finger !!!
Go to the copyright office, trademark and copyright your DNA , blood , iris and finger prints and if anyone wants to deny you your rights and privleges to services , sue them for anticompetitve practices or trademark breaches .

[edit on 20-8-2010 by 13th Zodiac]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Lets face it they are looking for someone...Who???Who knows.It starts with the cameras at all intersections....They creep me out(I always want to go though them giving the camera the finger,but I don't because I'm scared)...The body scanners at the airport,and now finger printing of the masses at a amusement park...They are looking from someone or somepeople....I wish they'd find them and leave the rest of us alone...

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
if i may, first yes there is a reason for this type of scanning it is so you and the little ones will get use to putting your finger here, palm there, and place your face here.

It is the next step in the NWO, old school 1984 the new one, "one world gov" yes folks we are just about there the money is in the works ok it is not real money it is credits that go on your... credit card , remember when you had to cash a check and you had to put you thumb print on it.

They still do this if you do not have an account at that bank, well now they can track you see you find you and tell you if it is not you, herd of facial recognition?

That to is in use. take a walk down the street look up and wave your on real time cctv Google maps real time trafficking sing up is required , at least for the salt lake city area through ksl.
there watching you.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Maybe they scan your fingerprint and link it to your ID when you enter the park so that you can leave your paper ID in the locker room when you change into your swimmin' britches, that way you don't have to be carrying around a paper entry pass through every water ride???

Yeah, I can see how "convenience" could be construed as "conspiracy".

Add: I don't know how water parks work since I don't frequent them, being a pasty white fattish person, so if there is one entry fee and you get to urinate in all the water rides all day long without showing your ID, spare me the flaming. I just see it as more of a convenience thing. I am so sure the FBI is on the lookout for all the criminals at the water park. I mean, isn't that where they all go after they rob that bank?

[edit on 21-8-2010 by AwakeinNM]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
You laugh about Mickey mouse cloning you but in all seriousness they now have your fingerprint ID stored in a database. How secure is that database? It's a waterpark, not the FBI. Is it just a hash stored, or a complete print copy?!

I suggest pressing your fingers firmly into BBQ grill for a few seconds and getting yourself a new identity!

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I posted this in another thread.

I recently went to an amusement park. They were scanning peoples hands at the entrance to the park. I and my husband were not willing to give into this biometric scan.

I said we won't go in if they demand this. We told the lady at the gate we did not want to be subjected to this scan. She pointed to closed line and we entered un-scaned.

What really amazed me was the thousands of people subjecting them selves to this intrusion with no complaints.

I was so amazed by this I stood inside the gate and watched as they all submitted to a hand scan. Amazing.

Why would people except this. I just can't understand.

BTW the park was Bush Gardens, Williamsburg VA.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Yeah, I can see how "convenience" could be construed as "conspiracy".

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

Ben Franklin

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by VAPatriot

I recently went to an amusement park. They were scanning peoples hands at the entrance to the park. I and my husband were not willing to give into this biometric scan.

I said we won't go in if they demand this. We told the lady at the gate we did not want to be subjected to this scan. She pointed to closed line and we entered un-scaned.

What really amazed me was the thousands of people subjecting them selves to this intrusion with no complaints.

I was so amazed by this I stood inside the gate and watched as they all submitted to a hand scan. Amazing.

Because most people are not paranoid. Because most people know that the biometric scan ties the info to the ticket not the person. Because most people know that if someone wanted their finger prints for some reason they could get them because they leave them all over every single day on everything. They most likely do not see anything nefarious in trying prevent ticket fraud or if they do see it all as nefarious they know that it would be easier to get your info a hundred different ways that hoping every American will line up at an amusement park.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Originally posted by VAPatriot

Because most people are not paranoid. Because most people know that the biometric scan ties the info to the ticket not the person. Because most people know that if someone wanted their finger prints for some reason they could get them because they leave them all over every single day on everything. They most likely do not see anything nefarious in trying prevent ticket fraud or if they do see it all as nefarious they know that it would be easier to get your info a hundred different ways that hoping every American will line up at an amusement park.

Paranoid? No just not willing to give willingly my personal information to a GD amusement park. It goes against my principles.

The scan ties your personal information to the ticket. They even require this for a one day pass.

If someone wanted our finger prints this is true. Personally, I won't be gleefully offering mine to enter an amusement park.

...do not see anything nefarious in trying prevent ticket fraud. This is about the amusement parks revenue. What the heck was wrong with a picture ID for season pass holders? Now the need biometrics. Really.

So I am subjected to what amounts to identity theft, so that the park can preserve there bottom line from ticket theft. And I should be OK with that.

They charge $60.00 to get in. $12.00 for a GD hot dog, $3.00 for a soda. I don't really feel sorry for them. I think the photo ID was quite enough, personally.

I simply won't return. They just lost my family of five. Thats a good deal of money.

Spelling

[edit on 21-8-2010 by VAPatriot]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
OK lets put this together. Is this onlw water parks? As in looking for people that need / require lots of water if they are using the system to look for people???

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Three_moons
I could see it being used instead of a pass since there's nothing to lose and it can store pertinent information related to the water park about you. I think a lot of it boils down to how the information is being stored, who can access it and what information it contains. Of course it could also be used as a guise for nefarious purposes.
I don't trust anyone. I just think it's a little much to gain access to water park. An ID is a government issued document, that should be good enough.

I haven't been to a water park in a while but don't they only need your ID to verify age? Is it just fingerprint #023554 which stores information related to the rides, how often you attend the water park, valid dates of the pass, etc.? Does it identify and connect your personal information, besides age, with your fingerprint? How is it stored, shared, what's contained and who can access it? What's their privacy policy and do you trust them with it? Without some questions answered I'm on the fence.

You do need an ID to get in the park. I know people who have not been let in without one. I went to Bush Gardens recently and I had to present my ID and because I was with my bf I had to fill out a form for their military appreciation pass since I was considered his dependent. The form I didn't mind nor did I mind showing my ID and they didn't have the fingerprint scanner there. If they had I probably would have said something there as well. I have been to the parks in and around Orlando more times than I can count and you have always needed an ID for as long as I can remember. I even had a hard time with an expired ID at Disney one year. I am sure kids don't require one, I don't remember my mom having to show our ID when we were little and went to the parks.

I agree I don't know what to really think but my innerself tells me not to like it
I just don't think it's needed there. What real purpose do they have for it?

Ok I fell asleep last night, tired from all the sun. I didn't expect this many replies so give me some time to reply to you. Thank you

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I think it would be funny if somebody scanned their "junk" instead of their finger.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The only reason they are doing this and the other parks are as well is so the unused portion of your pass dose not wind up on ebay. BS f you ask me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join