It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US talks Israel out of attacking Iran (perhaps for now)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

rawstory.com

Assures Israel that Iranian nuclear threat is not imminent

The United States has persuaded Israel that Iran would take one year or longer to build a nuclear weapon, dimming the prospects of a preemptive strike on Iran's nuclear facilities, The New York Times said (link).

"We think that they have roughly a year dash time," President Barack Obama's top advisor on nuclear issues Gary Samore was quoted as saying in the daily's online edition.

By "dash time," the official referred to the shortest time Iran would take to build a nuclear weapon, judging from its existing facilities an
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Perhaps cooler heads have prevailed. The US dosen't need a new war but would certainly be drawn into one if Israel did attack Iran.
I feel eventually there will be a war with Iran and it will make our current debacles look like an Easter picnic. Russia will become involved and this itself could spark a nuke exchange with the resulting onset of ww3.

To me it seems as TPB actually want to facilitate the Biblical Armageddon.

rawstory.com

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I hate governments. their always planning to go to war with each other. Why cant they all just shut the hell up and get along?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Th article doesn't state a response from Israel - just that they have perhaps persuaded them it will take a year to build a nuclear bomb. I think Israel wanted to attack before the scene was set. I hope this is good news.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

My big fear with all this anti Muslim rhetoric that is being promoted by the GOP; knowing they might perhaps take back the house and senate; is preparation for war.

The neocons and the PNAC have long range global plans. Who do you think facilitated the two wars we are in now?

www.sourcewatch.org...

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

rawstory.com

The United States has persuaded Israel that Iran would take one year or longer to build a nuclear weapon, dimming the prospects of a preemptive strike on Iran's nuclear facilities, The New York Times said (link).

"We think that they have roughly a year dash time," President Barack Obama's top advisor on nuclear issues Gary Samore was quoted as saying in the daily's online edition.

By "dash time," the official referred to the shortest time Iran would take to build a nuclear weapon, judging from its existing facilities an

Does this seem contrived to anyone else? It's like a daytime soap. They must think we are all so stupid.

Israel has no clue how long it would take for Iran to build a nuclear weapon? All this tension building for weeks and then finally, phew! , a U.S. advisor tells them no worries, it will take at least a year.

It makes me wonder what is going on behind the scenes while we have all been focused on Israel and Iran.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
since WHEN has America talked Israel
out of doing anything before ???

I got a news flash fer ya

It didn't happen now either.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Do we not learn from past wars? Who says that it won't happen in the next few days? Obummer says Israel has "one year" before crapping their pants. We all know debka is not the most reliable source, but today they are saying there "arab sources" claim that a military surprise is close. Some Iranian sources have suggested that Israel's obsessive preoccupation with the Galant scandal is a smokescreen for masking preparations for an imminent attack on Iran's nuclear facilities. Once again, this could just be more Iranian bs, but if you were about to make a surprise attack, would you threaten, or pretend to have no intentions of attacking? I would obviously do the second. Just like the Japanese had peace talks right as pearl harbor happened. Just saying...

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
So where are all the people who were on this board claiming invasion dates for the United States going into Iran? Which constantly changed when the dates came and went. Kinda reminded me of all the people claiming the end of the world dates. Yet here it is ....THE UNITED STATES talks Israel out of going to war!

[edit on 8/20/2010 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
How many wars have been started while each side are seemingly participating in some overture of peace? A new treaty freshly signed, ambassadors engaged in fresh negotiations or some other BS. This talk of US "talking" Israel out of attacking and yet another "peace talk" between Israel and Palestine could foretell something more ominous.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I can't imagine a country is dumb enough to take the advice of a secret muslim president who wants nothing to do with Israel. "Let me be clear, you have one year before you could possibly be annihalated by a nuclear weapon." If roles were reversed, Israel is in the US, and US is in Israel, would we really give a crap what Obama thinks if he were Israel's leader? Now is the perfect time to act, there is no longer any time.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Israel will follow this advice

1.The 20 adv jet delivery will be completed by then.
2.The Bushre (dunno spelling) will be operational and prolly no more Russian there.
3.Destroying Bushre will have fallout, no need to use the nukes aka cheaper.
4.Iran by 1 year already have some good grade uranium to restart the doubting.
5.Enough planning and reconnaissance performed by that time.
6.Theres no big reason to attack yet, IAEA is there, its clean, gotta save some face too.
7.The US troops need to feel "ease at home" and get "the gov was right" feeling first, army moral does count.

Hmm just my 2 minute thought

Add:
Also check my other thread post regarding covert ops against Iran.
then...maybe nothing happen at all?

[edit on 20-8-2010 by RainCloud]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RainCloud

One more thought, this would be a political decision for Obama. Does he want this war to begin right before the mid-term election or before his election for a second term? I don't know, what do you think??

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
So where are all the people who were on this board claiming invasion dates for the United States going into Iran? Which constantly changed when the dates came and went. Kinda reminded me of all the people claiming the end of the world dates. Yet here it is ....THE UNITED STATES talks Israel out of going to war!

[edit on 8/20/2010 by CaptGizmo]

I wrote that;

1. Papa Putin had said "no"

2. The west was bluffing

3. Iran was safe as long as the White Swans flew

4. That Putin should stop playing chess and start playing poker. The announcement of the final completion of the Bushehr NPP is an "all the chips to the center of the table" for the Russians

5. Russians would resupply Iranians. They claim to be ready to deliver gasoline. Iran by proxy has a form of the s-300 defense system.

What's next? Don't know.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
since WHEN has America talked Israel
out of doing anything before ???

Actually Ron Paul says the U.S. has presuaded Israel many times not to strike.

In any case I think this is PR, Obama released this info or did this because of his low ratings.

Which goes to show you, the people still have power, it's NOT too late!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
So in one year the US will support a war against Iran?

Because by then, the economy will have crashed again and the republicans will have won a bunch of seats in congress and senate...

And you know what republicans support right? WAR.

So instead of Israel going it alone right now dragging the US into it... the US will go at it full swing next year.

Expect a draft.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

rawstory.com

Nothing more then pure propaganda, this happend when the drums for the war in iraq started, raw had a same story but with different talking head points.

don't believe the news by friend.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Sigh. Like Israel needed persuading not to bite off more than it can chew .... just yet

Like the US tells Israel anything when in fact Israel controls the US

' Israel, don't attack ! Please ! Think about it ! Think of the carnage ! Think of those jets we're not ready to supply you with just yet at our own expense ! Oh wait, Israel ! Please wait, pleeeeeeese ! '

Israel: um .. ok. Shake it up. We need blood soon. So hurry up and fix it so we can holocaust someone else now that Cast Lead euphoria is waning amongst our people. Otherwise, you know what will happen, right ? I mean, you *do* remember the Liberty, don't you ? Need we say more ? '

On the other hand, if the US were encouraging Iran to nuke Israel, the world would throw a party

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Dock9]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by brisk002

There is no secret. You've just been brainwashed by Faux Noize into believing that he's a Muslim.

I thought ATS *denied* ignorance?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

can anyone picture the discussion?

US, Please dont attack Iran

Israel, mah yes

US, come ooooooon

Israel, Mah still going to do it

US, Come oooooon please

Israel, Meh

US, Pleaaaaaase