It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy... did I see an alien UFO yesterday?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Hi,

Something quite interesting happened yesterday. A little bit of background first.

I've been interested in the UFO subject since spring 2008. I live at this ice age ridge formation at a town in Skandinavia.. Two things I know about the place that involves UFO's is there was a case two years ago when a local filmed a video of something on the lake here that was flashing green and purple lights. It was in newspapers. Another thing is, I remember during my high-school days, we had this kind of "weird" chemistry/physics teacher who would tell on a class that he visits this place sometimes to watch UFO's at the sky, and everyone would of course laugh.. but he was serious; I've seen him ride about with his bike.

Now yesterday I had a date with this girl and we went to the lake on the evening at 22. We staid at the lake shore for over two hours, lying next to the boats, watching the sun go down, and eventually it was all dark and the star sky was visible.

We were talking about the universe. And while watching at the stars, we could see one of them start move. It ventured across the sky slowly, behind trees when I could no longer see it. Then there was another. And another. And later some of them would blimp brighter, then dim out, then do it again. It was weird! I don't know what they are, they looked just like the stars up there. If they were some planes they could've been 30km high or more.

And what happened next was even more weird. From the other side of the lake, at maybe 600 feet altitude, we saw this flying plane with a red light and blimping orange lights. It seemed to be the size of a small plane. It slowly drifted closer to us, in the sky. The red ligth and blimping yellow lights were visible all the time but not the craft because it was dark. It made no sound and seemed to move slower than an airplane. I watched at it in awe. We bought thought 'wtf'. Just when we were talking about the universe and UFO's. The plane continued its way out of sight. It just didn't feel like some man-made plane. We thought what a faschinating first date...

For the record, there is an army air station not very far from this area. It was the first time this year I've seen the star sky as it's mostly always cloudy here.

Now what was this? Satellites, meteorites, or is this really a UFO hot spot? It's so weird.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Jonas86]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Hi there!

In the fourth paragraph you describe exactly what satellite flares looks like. They appear usually after one or two hours after sunset or before sunrise, this phenomena is caused by the sun reflecting off of flat mirror like surfaces on a satellite. And remember, there are loads upon loads of satellites orbiting the earth, so I don't believe it's uncommon to see several of this phenomena in one sitting.

This is an animated version of how it looks like, courtesy of wikipedia:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2c588a4cac7f.gif[/atsimg]

Source: Wikipedia: Satellite flare

Regarding the fifth paragraph, I would assume that this is a plane. It's hard to gauge distances, especially in the dark of night, so what you saw was most probably an airplane.

Hope you're satisfied with these explanations, however disappointing they may be.

PS: Good going on a first date, sounds like you had a great time. Luckily it didn't end in disaster with one or both of you getting abducted

[edit on 19/8/10 by Droogie]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

The one I saw at around 12 while stargazing on our farm was alittle bigger than a period and went from one side of our vision to the other (clear across the sky) in a matter of 2 seconds, back again and then turned on a dime and did ziz zags then blinked out.

Only one I ever saw, from very far up (thank god).

And, it wasn't a satallite (1965/66). My brother in law who saw it with me, worked at McDonald Douglas Aircraft Corporation. He was a reality no nonsense man and even this incident scared him.

Most sightings are probably explainable, but many, in my humble opinion are not of human origin.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

That doesn't sound like a satellite, indeed. There are certain things to look for when deciding if it's a satellite or not. Is it stopping, does it move in an irregular flight pattern, does it speed up etc... These are some signs indicating that it's not a satellite.

Satellites might appear to move faster\slower than others and\or brighter\dimmer than others, that's due to different heights they operate at, and it's important to keep in mind when stargazing. However, it's not possible for a satellite to vary in any of these factors. Except for natural phenomena, as described in my previous post, that makes it appear as doing something extraordinary.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DroogieIn the fourth paragraph you describe exactly what satellite flares looks like. They appear usually after one or two hours after sunset or before sunrise, this phenomena is caused by the sun reflecting off of flat mirror like surfaces on a satellite. And remember, there are loads upon loads of satellites orbiting the earth, so I don't believe it's uncommon to see several of this phenomena in one sitting.

Aah, ok
I really thought I might have seen something strange.

Just thinking what kind of planes are supposed to fly here at night with slow pace, without sound, and with a constant red light and blinking yellow lights.

It was an experience nevertheless

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Jonas86

Jonas86.....

Holy... did I see an alien UFO yesterday?

No.....probably not.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Could someone please tell me for real if the aliens visiting us are true anyway cos I still just don't know.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
The second sighting you had, you probably saw this:

The airplane anti-collision strobe lights are another easily recognizable light. These lights are flashing white, and are also generally located on the wing for smaller aircraft, or on the fuselage for larger aircraft. These lights are intended to draw attention to the aircraft, ensuring it is not overlooked at night or in poor visibility.

The rotating beacon is a very important light. This light is red, and on many commercial airliners, can be seen on the belly of the fuselage, as well as on the tail. This light is activated just prior to engine start, and will be left on the entire time the engines are running.

Would recommend reading through the source article, found here:

Explaining Airplane External Lighting

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonas86
Could someone please tell me for real if the aliens visiting us are true anyway cos I still just don't know.

Jonas86.....

Well I can't tell you.....

I've been trying to figure that out since I was 5 years old!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Maybe I should tell that to the chemistry teacher next time I crash into him, that they are satellites and planes

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Jonas86

You should do that

It's good to know what airplanes and satellites are capable of doing, so you could more easily be aware of the mundane explanations, and more easily spot out the abnormal and extraordinary. It's a win-win!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I've seen a bunch of those.

You can track these satellite's using astronomy software, like Stellarium:
www.stellarium.org...

If anybody got any alternative or even better software to track satellite's, please post a link

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Jonas86

yes is your answer....and it fits biblically.
the evidence is there for a other world reality. i'm a pilot and i've seen two or three, one ( the cigar ) up close. the bible sheds light on them as being craft of fallen angels who can take the shape of anything almost, two or four legged beasts animals etc.... and it's true that we seem to have missing info and missing time in relation to sightings. alterred reality maybe. in dallas in 1968 june...the sky filled with lights in the early morning then slowly cleared. afterwards, all my friends who were into science, model rockets, aircraft, space news, and ufo's.....were different. they couldn't talk about it. that was not right, evidence of messin' with my friends. i had to pry any fact out of them....they were slow to answer

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Jonas86

Jonas86 , although I concur with other posters on this thread that the likely hood is that you saw in one evening , several satelites and a plane, do not be disheartened. You say you live in Skandinavia... as vauge as that description of your location is, its worth remembering that in Hessdalen in Norway, there is a ongoing investigation into some very interesting light phenomena which as yet defy adequate scientific explanation. Further more, the phenomenon is continuing to this day, as far as I am aware. Strange lights in the sky, different shapes and sizes and durations , but they are unique in one important aspect, seperate from other UFO in one important regard. They can be studied because there is a research facility installed near the site of the regular appearance of these lights. Its worth checking out, and even better, might make a decent away day for your next date lol!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
reply to post by Jonas86

yes is your answer....and it fits biblically.
the evidence is there for a other world reality. i'm a pilot and i've seen two or three, one ( the cigar ) up close. the bible sheds light on them as being craft of fallen angels who can take the shape of anything almost, two or four legged beasts animals etc.... and it's true that we seem to have missing info and missing time in relation to sightings. alterred reality maybe. in dallas in 1968 june...the sky filled with lights in the early morning then slowly cleared. afterwards, all my friends who were into science, model rockets, aircraft, space news, and ufo's.....were different. they couldn't talk about it. that was not right, evidence of messin' with my friends. i had to pry any fact out of them....they were slow to answer

Well, I try to keep an open mind, but please confess, you're just making things up from your imaginative mind.
I'm thru with all this. Nothing will strike me anymore but real evidence, and some person writing something on a forum is not evidence. People lie you know.

Can you describe that cigar ship please?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonas86

Are you sure you want to ask that question here? Good luck deciding which answers are true!

I think if any of us could say yes or no with no question of doubt then ATS, at least, would be a very different place.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I'm not sure what the first thing you saw was, but I believe the other sighting may have been an airplane. I have experienced a similar sighting and it did end up being an airplane when it got closer to me. I hope you get a second date.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Hmm it is hard to say.. I mean it would be great if you had a photo or video, but if you aren't planning on it its hard to get.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Jonas86

If you're interested in physical trace evidence cases pertaining to the UFO phenomenon, you should check out the thread linked beneath. It contains the three best trace cases, presented by a very astute and illustrious former member of ATS.

Three of The Best UFO Trace Cases

top topics

join