It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doing Bar Tricks = GO TO JAIL FOR 45 YEARS!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Government don't have right (i think at least) to do this because every man who was there know about risk same as owner of that place and they did take that risk , so whatukno you think that is police business it doesn't look to me like marxisam it looks more like Stalin's far right wing communism

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Fine line between irony and idiocy friend.

I do not have to visit your "detroit" place ... i live in africa. You should come see ... Tribalism meets communism meets fascism by the state.

I think you'll like it, not based on your avatar, but on your writings in this thread thus far. The easy death and super taxes would change your mind fast.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

South Africa isn't Anarchy, might want to visit up north a bit in Sudan for a nifty idea of anarchy at work.

If you thought I meant easy death, you were way off. I was talking about real anarchy. No real law enforcement, an inept government, MASSIVE amount of drug use, and yes, danger around every corner.

Is that what you people really want? It's not fun believe me, where I worked in downtown someone was shot, it was over 3 hours before the cops bothered to arrive, it was over 4 before the ambulance bothered to show up. Fortunately the person that was shot lived somehow.

The problem with your limited laws is, for instance, bribery, if you make bribery legal again you throw a whole huge monkey wrench in what would otherwise be a compromised legal system. Every perp with cash would be able to simply buy their way out of trouble. Rich people would take up hunting humans for sport.

I can agree that sometimes laws go too far, I can agree that too many laws is a problem, but here is how laws in the United States come about, some group gets a bee in their bonnet about some issue, they pump money into our legislative system and lobby the legislature to pass a new law, they write some asinine new law up, tack a crap load of pork to it, and then vote on it. Eventually after all the BS is voted on, they pass the new BS law and some executive branch ass signs it.

Take the anti smoking in bars laws for instance. No one in their right mind would want such a stupid law, (including me), but moronic asses who are violently anti smoking decided to push through these laws.

But take the ideas expressed in this thread for instance, no laws but a few basic ones. So, some drunk decides to drive 90 miles an hour through a neighborhood after leaving the bar, runs over a 6 year old playing, and the only option is for the parent's to sue? Really? The lawsuit won't bring back their dead child, however drunk driving and speed limit laws could have enabled a police officer to pull over the speeding drunk and potentially save the life of that 6 year old.

Just saying this anarchist view of the world is the opposite extreme to fascism, I know you all want to label me a Marxist, but again try and listen to reason. So, what does it take before a bunch of lawsuits become a law?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 12GaugePermissionSlip

12 guage.

Making laws so stupid people wont hurt or kill themselves is irrational.
The human race will progress faster with certain DNA out of the gene pool.

Prisons keep the bad DNA out of the gene pool for a while does it not.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The whole saga is completely absurd. Not to mention a waste of taxpayer funds.

One of the gentlemen arrested mentioned the fact they have been performing the trick for over ten years and that bartenders have been doing the same for decades. He stated all that had to be done is to be told to stop and he would have.

Problem solved. But now we have to use taxpayer funds to process and book this man, possibly go to trial, and [God forbid] possibly sentence him. Furthermore, essentially slam a law abiding and productive citizen.

Absolute madness. I'm rooting for them and hope they both get the charges dropped.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I honestly cannot believe that bartenders or bar owners are really this stupid. Must be though. Playing with fire in wooden structures, surrounded by gallons and gallons of flammable liquids that burn faster than gasoline, with crowds of drunken people and probably 1 or 2 doors to escape from. Yeah, you quick thinking ATSers are right. I don't see any problem here. Hell, I really don't care, If I see a bartender blowing fire I would be smart enough to pick a new bar. Let them all be burned alive and then we can all yell how this was happening for 10 years and no one stopped it.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zerotime

most drinking alcohol is not flammable.

you need 151 Bacardi to do a flame trick.

standard 80 proof will not cut the mustard.

the danger is less than driving to the bar.

its certainly less than driving home from the bar.

by the way, I used to work bar security and have been in the presence of people doing these same tricks and never once perceived any danger to myself or others. The only danger is to the person doing the trick.

Its dangerous, but not to the customers.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
breaking the government=freedom

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by harryhaller

I can agree that sometimes laws go too far, I can agree that too many laws is a problem, but here is how laws in the United States come about, some group gets a bee in their bonnet about some issue, they pump money into our legislative system and lobby the legislature to pass a new law, they write some asinine new law up, tack a crap load of pork to it, and then vote on it. Eventually after all the BS is voted on, they pass the new BS law and some executive branch ass signs it.

Often it's some politico's staff member who comes up with a personal prejudice and wants to see us toe their line.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
reply to post by whatukno

What about not using violence against innocent people that have harmed no one?

How about we let people do what they want as long as what they are doing isn't harming anyone else.

How's that for common sense?

[edit on 22-8-2010 by milkmustache]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

There is a reason why some laws are enacted...pyrotechnics in a crowded bar has proven not to be a great thing

they wont get 45 years, but I would bet once this legal mess is over, they wont be doing the fire act again.

incidently, 100 people died in that fire.

All you have to do is install sprinkler systems in the bar and no patron would ever die by fire. That bar cited in the video didn't have sprinklers in it. If it had no one...I repeat no one would have died. There might be other safety concerns with spitting fire if they are close to the patrons. Sorry, I didn't read the story before I commented.

Incidentally, I used to make flaming coffees tableside when I was a waiter in college, and the alcohol flame wasn't enough to burn anyone. I once missed the glass as I poured it back and forth between the glasses as a show element and lit my arm on fire. No burns to me or my clothes as I put it out. Though I got a real big tip from that table.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by thepixelpusher]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join