It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doing Bar Tricks = GO TO JAIL FOR 45 YEARS!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Our criminal incompetent government has decided that doing magic acts and bar tricks that hurt no one is a criminal offense worth 45 years of prison time.

The Washington Examiner reports:

Two fire-breathing bartenders face up to 45 years in prison each for performing flaming bar tricks.

Jimmy’s Old Town Tavern owner Jimmy Cirrito said his bartenders have been entertaining his customers — by juggling bottles of alcohol and spitting out streams of flames using matchbooks and lighters — for more than a decade and no one’s complained. But shortly after midnight on July 24, two of his longtime employees were hauled out of the Herndon bar in handcuffs and charged with three felonies each plus other misdemeanors

“They were being treated as if they were terrorists, charged as if they intentionally tried to burn down the tavern,” Cirrito said.

I’m so outraged at this nonsense I’m about to spit fire myself.

The criminal fascist police state knows no bounds. You are not allowed to do anything without getting permission from the nanny state at all times. Soon breathing will be regulated into submission for harming the Gia by exhaling CO2.

You are a peon worthless slave that WILL hand over all your labor and resources to the State. You are an infantile child that must be protected from yourself through the use of violent men in black suits with machine guns. Since you are too god damn dumb to be allowed to do anything without permission, its best we just lock you up right now for your own protection.

If that didn't make sense, its because I'm too outraged by this to think straight.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Already posted here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Our criminal incompetent government has decided that doing magic acts and bar tricks that hurt no one is a criminal offense worth 45 years of prison time.

Breaking the law = criminal offense and worth prison time.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

There is a reason why some laws are enacted...pyrotechnics in a crowded bar has proven not to be a great thing

they wont get 45 years, but I would bet once this legal mess is over, they wont be doing the fire act again.

incidently, 100 people died in that fire.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi

Breaking the law = criminal offense and worth prison time.

If the law said the president gets to rape your first born female child on her wedding night, I suppose you would support that too.

Stalin would love such an unthinking citizen such as yourself.

Clearly there is nothing wrong with the law itself. The citizen who dared violate it is to blame and deserves to be sent to prison for life.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Clearly doing bar tricks with fire demands we send these men to prison for life.

In some alternate universe they might have hurt someone, thus they are criminals.

Of course, driving down the road while tuning the radio may result in catastrophic deaths as well. Hence we should execute on sight anyone that tunes their car radio while driving.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I must say i believe you are overreacting. Lets say you were black and happened to drop a tv-set on a officers foot... hmm mmm mmm Right!!!

what have we learned here: Never play with fire under or arround the influence of alcohol!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Vesica

what?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Flamethrowers are perfectly legal though, why is fire breathing illegal?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

If the law said the president gets to rape your first born female child on her wedding night, I suppose you would support that too.

Only if our glorious leader said I was able to have the opportunity to have a child in the first place, obviously.

Stalin would love such an unthinking citizen such as yourself.

What can I say, I'm a big fan of his work.

Clearly there is nothing wrong with the law itself. The citizen who dared violate it is to blame and deserves to be sent to prison for life.

As shown in the post above, the laws are there for a reason, specifically to prevent events like that from happening.

Just because it didn't have a negative outcome doesn't mean it should be tolerated.

Of course, driving down the road while tuning the radio may result in catastrophic deaths as well.

Yes indeed it might, thankfully tuning the radio doesn't take very long. Something like a cellphone call however, may distract the person enough to cause an accident. This is why something like that is illegal in some places

Hence we should execute on sight anyone that tunes their car radio while driving.

Predator drones need testing.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Whyhi]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

In some alternate universe they might have hurt someone, thus they are criminals.

You can drink and drive...most of the time you won't cause an accident..but you dont need to cause an accident for it to be illegal to drink and drive.

Sorry if you demand an accident in order to see why things are illegal...but your inability of foresight should not make the rest of society suffer.

big fire displays in a crowded bar is illegal...again, not 45 years illegal unless there was an accident and people died...but no doubt they will be paying the piper for their neglect.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mythic Chris
Flamethrowers are perfectly legal though, why is fire breathing illegal?

Because you might hurt yourself.

Anything that endangers State property is verboten.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by mnemeth1

You can drink and drive...most of the time you won't cause an accident..but you dont need to cause an accident for it to be illegal to drink and drive.

Sorry if you demand an accident in order to see why things are illegal...but your inability of foresight should not make the rest of society suffer.

big fire displays in a crowded bar is illegal...again, not 45 years illegal unless there was an accident and people died...but no doubt they will be paying the piper for their neglect.

You can tune your car radio while driving, and most of the time you will not hurt anyone.

Clearly we should ban car radio tuning while driving and imprison people for 45 years if they do it.

I need to live in a world deprived of bar tricks for my own safety.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I know this may sound shocking to the totalitarian publik skool indoctrinated masses, but my theory goes something like this:

If the bar tenders hurt someone by breathing fire, they should be charged with criminal negligence or something to that effect.

If the bar tenders don't hurt anyone by breathing fire, then there is no crime.

Now, I recommend you take your heart meds after reading that because I'm sure it has enraged you to no end.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
One of these fellows is a goose stepper. I won't name names, but I think we all know how transparent he is.

The fascist state really must be stopped. It's getting surreal, no?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
mneneth, have you noticed people losing patience for what outrages you? I mean really? You constantly come up with threads about regular happenings like it so brand new, and then equate it to Stalinistic police state tyranny. Most of us who read your threads do so for entertainment only. We all know you are against all laws. It tears you up when you read about an arrest for something that everybody else already knows is illegal.

I know you have some good intentions with these threads. Your message is that we have too many laws for dumb things, and you're right. But, there are soooo many stupid people out there we have to make these dumb laws to protect the innocent from them. It's like a teacher making a rule that students line up for lunch because one or two will just run crazy down the hall to the lunchroom. What are we to do? We can't have nutballs thinking it's OK to go all Puff the Magic Dragon in a room full of people.
Now come back and tell me how my nanny government has me p-whipped and I am a slave to Obama, yada yada yada.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

If the bar tenders hurt someone by...

Hence we should execute on sight anyone that...

breathing fire...

Now, I recommend you take your heart meds after reading that because I'm sure it has enraged you to no end.

Predator drones need testing in a domestic setting...

My theory is better. I very much enjoy my authoritarian socialized skooling, thank you very much.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 12GaugePermissionSlip

I losing patients for people who promote violence against the innocent.

I guess we have something in common.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Video taping cops in publik = you spend jail time with bubba the rapist

Praise Mao, for I am too dumb to video tape cops in publik.

It is for my own good that I am imprisoned and butt raped while being forced to sing the national anthem.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The big problem here is a lack of tax revenue. These bartenders are wasting liqour without ringing it up first and making sure the State gets it's cut of the action.

This is bound to cause a problem. They need to pour the drink first, ring it up, make sure all state, local and federal sales taxes are charged, and then and only then put the contents of the drink to flame.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join