It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America needs only one gun law

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Originally posted by Exuberant1
Originally posted by hawkiye

.....Actually, if you want to own a gun it should have to be put to a vote in whatever town or city you are from. Everyone is at risk so everyone should have a vote.

Or a certain number of names must be collected on a petition withing killing range of you and your deagle brand eagle. A certain percentage of the people living in that neighbourhood must agree you owning that implement of death. That would be good too.

SO I guess we should get to vote on whether you can own kitchen knives and cars and a host of other things that are statistically far more dangerous then guns. This kind of marxist thinking is the problem in this country. Its none of your or my nieghbors damn business if I own a gun or a car which by the way doctors and and cars kill myriads more then guns do so much so they make guns seem relatively safe in comparison.. If I am not harming anyone nobody has a right to vote on anything I do.

No Harm no crime! Everyone needs to get that through thier heads and mind thier own damn business!!! If some idiot thinks he has a right to disarm me and make me vulnerable to the criminal element because he doesn't feel safe in his ignorance of gun ownership he has another thing coming!

[edit on 25-8-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Ghost of Chewie

Actually, that has absolutely nothing to do with gun regulation, that has everything to do with parental regulation of their kids.

Parents should control what games their children play and while saying that I also have to add Duck Hunt was an awesome game in it's day (except for that dang dog laughing at you when you failed) dangit!

I agree that it falls to parental responsability, but the parents are dropping the ball. I was setting it as a point that we should have gun safety calsses back to teach kids that this is NOT the way to handle a gun, since the vast majority of parents wont. You know, give them both sides of the coin, so to speak.

Also, I agree, DUCK HUNT ROCKED!!!!! please tell me that I wasn't the only kid who got frustrated and tried to shoot the dog for laughing at me.

But that was a animal hunting game, the games that I am talking about are the HUMAN hunting games. The ones that not only let you, but encourage you, to go thru and shoot EVERYONE. Am I the only person that thinks that these games just might have something to do with the rash of mass school shootings and workplace shootings that werre perpetrated by children who, according to their own parents, spent WAY to much time on the games. Just a thought

Apologies to the OP for going off topic.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmosGraber
I have always thought we only need one gun law. I believe it should parallel the same requirement the USMC put on me to shoot an M-16. To own a fire arm you should be able to demonstrate you know how to take it apart, clean it, and should have to qualify on a firing range, while not being a convicted felon. Ironically this law does not exist in any gun laws. Probably the reason why people have so many accidents with fire arms every year. In addition, I hate politicians who try to use fear mongering in regards to the second amendment. We as Americans will always have the right to bear arms as long as we have a constitution; so shame on anyone who would believe in any other possibility.

You are treading on the Constitutional Rights of stupid people and the mentally unstable to be able to own a gun. Any gun law is no detriment to any convicted felon determined enough to own a gun, as even I know which bars I can pickup a handgun in for under $200, even here in Canada.

While gun ownership rights are Constitutionally protected, they are not necessarily wise, just like building a mosque at Ground Zero.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by babybunnies]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Well thank the God that we have BIG BROTHER to look after stupid little us!! (Oh wait... there is no GOD) [end sarcasm]

Obviously criminals and mentally unstable people should not have guns, right?

Then why do the politicians always try, and do pass laws that make it so that only the unfit can have guns?

Not slamming on ya BB, actually agreeing with ya.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
As a hunter I have to disagree. I own two guns, a rifle for hunting deer, and a shotgun for hunting small game. Where I hunt deer, a shotgun wouldn't have the range I need, and for small game, a 7mm is overkill.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mekanic
As a hunter I have to disagree. I own two guns, a rifle for hunting deer, and a shotgun for hunting small game. Where I hunt deer, a shotgun wouldn't have the range I need, and for small game, a 7mm is overkill.

Actually the Original Poster was stating that America only needs ONE gun law, not a one GUN law. A single piece of legislation reguarding owning, posessing and carrying of firearms, nationwide, as opposed to the hundreds of Federal and State level ones we have now.

Not a law that states that you can only have one gun.

I agree, a 7mm wouldn't leave much if you hit a rabit or squirl with it.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost of Chewie

Wow, did I drop the ball on that one or what? Totally mis-read that, but now that you've pointed it out I see it. I think I need a V8.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Mekanic

No problem.

Always glad to help a fellow mechanic. (or is that Mekanic
)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join