It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVACUATE NOW!: This is Not a Drill

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by eightfold

S&F it out of caring about others and trying to share valuable information, not even ashamed. Also these things can aswell be downplayed until they reach your doorstep, ya kno?

[edit on 8/17/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Thanks for the heads up!

I cancelled my upcoming France trip my lady and I have been planning for over a year.

Looks like instead of dining on fine french cuisine, we will be quivering under our beds, awaiting the inescapable end.

Thanks...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by darkl0rd

Mabey you should look or moniter the Sun a little better ITS NOT THE SAME friend. Not arguing but uhh its not.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Well I'm not worried. Nothing happened when Chernobyl went and I doubt anything will happen now.

I live in the south east of UK for clarification.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
reply to post by gem_man

Thanks for the heads up!

I cancelled my upcoming France trip my lady and I have been planning for over a year.

Looks like instead of dining on fine french cuisine, we will be quivering under our beds, awaiting the inescapable end.

Thanks...

Sad. You should never cancel any plans because of something you read on ATS. This site is popular and known for Fear Mongering.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Indeed lol, go to France and give our economy a boost

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Indeed people love to fear monger. it is a crazy world we live in.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I doubt the possible radiation will cause any health risks outside of the immediate area.

IMO the Russian wildfires are the results of bad logging practices. Remember when the western US was burning back in the 80's?

Capitalism has lingering effects, particularly in the environment.

The fires are bad enough in their own rite. We don't need undue fear mongering to go with it.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I know what you're saying ish, and admittedly my post was a tad on the hysterical side, but it strikes me that this is yet another "ATS Thread of Doom" that will amount to nothing.

Right now, as we speak, it's raining heavily in Moscow.

I've not seen any credible source pick up this story, nor does my brief research into the physics of it all make the story add up. Nothing that I can find makes this story remotely valid.

Add to that my personal experience... I lived in Scotland when Chernobyl went up (superheated radioactive graphite fires helped spread the contaminants then) but I'm fine and still here, alive and kicking all these years later.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnis
Didn't webbot (yes yes I know) Mention something about radioactive material spreading across the Northern Hemisphere 7 times starting some time in the summer?

Could this be the prediction?

Either way, nothing to joke about or play with. Considering it's really hard for any one average person to detect contaminants in the enviroment.

Yes, yes, I remember this. Yikes!!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

Yes the web bots predicted a radioactive cloud that circled the planet 7 times, they speculated that it would be an accident, but that it would start from an attack on an Iranian installation. The interview was on coast to coast.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gloster

That made me chuckle and I don't think I've ever 'chuckled' but that's about as accurately as I can describe my lapsed involuntary reactionary laughter.

It shouldn't have but it did.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
OMG!!!!,.
Now I get it,.
This radioactivity in the air is what starts the zombie population.!!!
It spreads over the world and everyone exposed turns into a zombie..
wow,.. am I glad I live in a underground facility ,... with filtered air..

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
DAMN, thats so #ty...to be honest i wasnt sure if russia had any trees left, but this answers my question "not for long" lol *sorry russians*

But it hasnt been a good year for the earth firar the gulf now that, i mean us humans are real f**k ups, seriously if god is real he would be so pissed off at us he would just doom us .....wait nevermind lol

Personally i dont believe in signs that much, but that is a bad taboo ...for russia... like they are doing something wrong and someone wants to let them know it....israel? nah they are the "good" guys ...right?

Seriously all this political BS im having a hardtime figuring out which way is up or down (in a moral sence)

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

hi - i am in " europe " - please tell me where i should evacuate to

oh and BTW "europe " stretches from norway to sicily - what section should we evacuate ??

if you dont understand the question - please tell me how fallout from chenobyl can affect norway and sicily

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Winds move FROM THE WEST to the EAST .. this is why areas South West of Russia have been flooding, the air couldn't move over the high pressure system so it backed up in the West and diverted to the South.

So if radioactive material burns in Russia, the smoke and cloud of radiation would flow over Russia, Eastwards, and end up in East Russia, Mongolia, China, Koreas, Japan and the US/Canada.

Though Radiation would more likely wrap around the entire globe if it were as bad as they say.

Evacuating Europe makes no sense.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
OMG!!!!,.
Now I get it,.
This radioactivity in the air is what starts the zombie population.!!!
It spreads over the world and everyone exposed turns into a zombie..
wow,.. am I glad I live in a underground facility ,... with filtered air..

Radioactivity acts as a mutagen.

Im ready.

*Sharpens Axe*

[edit on 17-8-2010 by rajaten]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

An ax,.. come on,.. you really want to get that close,.
Maybe as a back up but I'd say the ole trusty shot gun is the way to go

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
reply to post by rajaten

An ax,.. come on,.. you really want to get that close,.
Maybe as a back up but I'd say the ole trusty shot gun is the way to go

Guns are for P*****s lol

gimme a samurai sword.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by rajaten]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join