It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul WILL Run For President in 2012 - Report from Florida Liberty Summit

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Ron Paul is planning to run against Obama in 2012, this is a tip from an insider known as "The Collins," a hard core activist with connections to the Pauls. The Collins is definitely trying to cause a ruckus, but this tip was confirmed over the weekend at the Florida Liberty Summit in Orlando. www.ronpaulforums.com... Start getting involved in your local GOP Start building your contact lists Start working your precincts Start going door to door Ron Paul WILL BE running in 2012! (barring any unforeseen circumstances)

Finally some good news on the political spectrum.I had a feeling Dr. Paul would run again in 2012. I wonder who his running mate would be in this. Andrew Napolitano perhaps? Hey,I can dream can't I?

dailypaul.com...

[edit on 16-8-2010 by hawaiinguy12]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Ahhh great, sadly i still think he won't win....let's face it, most people are idiots that fall for cheesy catchphrases and like their politicians to be like celebs with all the glitz and glamor, to hell with actual policies...they have a very short memory and attention span also. As usual the media will make sure that yet another groomed puppet wins and the status quo is upheld.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Hey,even if he doesn't win I still think this is a great. Injecting real issues and possibly waking up more of the people who are asleep. Get people to go research on the internet about his view point which will inevitable lead them to realizing the political game is rigged. Lets hope nothing bad happens to him in the mean while like a "heart attack" or "airplane crash"

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by hawaiinguy12

Didn't he just get through running for president in 2008?

I'm not saying that Ron Paul doesn't have a few good ideas but if he ever had a chance at becoming president it was destroyed by some of his son's recent position statements made while campaigning for the U.S. senate. Remember, the acorn never falls very far from the tree.

IMO, the republican party's biggest problem with selecting candidates is that their choices seem to always want to carry everything to the extreme and I believe that most people, be they republican or democrat, have a more moderate approach to problem solving.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

If people have failed to see how corrupt ALL of Washington is by now...and not caught on to the fact that no matter who they vote for from the two parties the end result is mostly the same..they are beyond help and Ron Paul won't change that sadly..they will vote for who the media tells them to vote for. Plus most conservatives are not conservative in the least and would not support many of Ron Pauls policies.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I believe his running mate would be Dennis Kucinich

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
one thing I didn't see mentioned.
it was not mentioned whether he would
be the Republican Party Nominee or as an
independent. He stands a better chance running
under the Republican Party Ticket.

Ron Paul, President
Andrew Napolitano, Vice President

what a grand ticket indeed

got my vote

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goal Shack

I believe his running mate would be Dennis Kucinich

isn't Dennis a Democrat ???
maybe I'm wrong

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
...if he ever had a chance at becoming president it was destroyed by some of his son's recent position statements made while campaigning for the U.S. senate. Remember, the acorn never falls very far from the tree.

That's the biggest piece of BS ever. Why is Ron Paul being held accountable for the views of his son? Are you accountable for the views of your father? Or the views of your brother or sister? NO!

Stop perpetuating total BS like this. Ron Paul is Ron Paul. He is not Rand Paul. And he is not anyone other than him. His ideas are his own. How many different other ways must I phrase this?

And frankly, his son's views have NOTHING to do with why Ron Paul will have a hard time becoming President.

:shk:

[edit on Mon Aug 16th 2010 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
“I’m supporting Chuck Baldwin, the Constitution Party candidate.”

No theocracy for America thank you very much. Next.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Yes but that's what makes it great! Dennis is a libertarian at heart (atleast that's what I think) Him and Paul agree on a lot of issues and they have sponsored bills together

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawaiinguy12
Yes but that's what makes it great! Dennis is a libertarian at heart (atleast that's what I think) Him and Paul agree on a lot of issues and they have sponsored bills together

well that might be a first in US History
a combined ticket, one from each side of the aisle
but with common ideologies. what an eye opener

Or they may do it on the Tea Party Nomination.
Can't wait to see how this progresses.
Also a previous thread about my 2012
Political Dream Team.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I also had this thread not too long ago

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 16-8-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

it's also gonna be very interesting to see
WHERE Paul gets his campaign contributions from.
That campaign dinner he had a couple months ago
was hosted by Republican backers if I'm not mistaken
so he may be a front runner for the GOP Nomination.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I think this is great news. I don't see anyway he could be running as the republican candidate though since they seem to be fixated on concocting a candidate using a potion something like "Eye of newt and tail of palin"

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Well this was expected to a large degree, but there are still a lot of questions Representative Paul should answer regarding his run:

1) Will he run as a Republican, Libertarian or Independent from the outset?

2) If he runs as a Republican will he continue to run after he inevitably fails to get the GOP nomination?

3) What type of funding goals is he looking at?

4) Will he spend more on mass-media this time around instead of using the grassroots system that was ineffective in 2008?

5) Does he really believe he has a shot at this or is this more of a symbolic run?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Well he IS part of the republican party so wouldn't surprise me. Although, I think that Mitt Romney,Sarah Palin,Mike Huckabee and Newt Gingrich are more than likey going to run.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

Jimmy
some excellent questions that DO
need addressing ASAP.

But I do know he is already started getting
funding from GOP backing. So that's a tip-off.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Best news ive heard in a while. Paul for 2012. Awesome.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawaiinguy12

Well he IS part of the republican party so wouldn't surprise me. Although, I think that Mitt Romney,Sarah Palin,Mike Huckabee and Newt Gingrich are more than likey going to run.

of those ones mentioned above I think
Romney has the best chance of defeating
Paul for the nomination. And I think Palin
is too radical for Republican since her Tea Party
activities. Newt is washed up and should retire
or at least face ethics hearings and Huckabee
doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut.
Or maybe I'm missing something

I still think Paul could defeat Obama by landslide
if he got the GOP nod.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I'm a little concerned about a Paul-Napolitano ticket because Judge Andy is paid well for his rhetoric so depending on who's paying might change his tune (don't know, "personalities" in politics always concern me.. think Raygun here)

As far as Paul-Kucinich ticket goes, that would perhaps be the ultimat slap-in-the-face STFU to both the Elephant and the Jackass parties no matter who they muster to run. We could always go back to the era when vice presidents were determined by whoever-came-in-second in electing the President - just to shake things up a bit.

gj

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join