It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul WILL Run For President in 2012 - Report from Florida Liberty Summit

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Stephen Colbert for president!

Ive always wanted to do this (second line)!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Ron Paul is the GOP answer to Obama. I'm amazed at the amount of liberals and independants who support Ron Paul....on a LOT of issues(especially social issues) he's straight-up Republican all the way. Sure he talks a good game about small transparent govt.,but Obama talked a good game about ending the wars,closing GITMO,and fixing the economy. I have yet to see any action from Ron Paul that would lead me to believe hes any different from any other politicians out there.

Much like the war between Predators and Aliens,when it comes to Democrats or Republicans; No Matter Who Wins-We Lose!!!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
my biggest concern here is that the establishment TPTB
will get to Ron Paul like they did with Dennis Kucinich
and completely change him.

And if they can't turn him

then I fear they will dispose of him somehow

Dr. Paul please watch your 6 bro.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by The ?

The only good thing RP has to say is getting rid of the Fed. As a libertarian he would most likely want to get rid of Social Security, Medicare and Food Stamps as well.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawaiinguy12
reply to post by Solomons

Hey,even if he doesn't win I still think this is a great. Injecting real issues and possibly waking up more of the people who are asleep. Get people to go research on the internet about his view point which will inevitable lead them to realizing the political game is rigged. Lets hope nothing bad happens to him in the mean while like a "heart attack" or "airplane crash"

well.. he tried before and withdrew, even when EVERYTHING was for him... either he was bought off, threatened or out gunned, who really knows but he and he alone..

it's all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and CIA, FBI, black ops, that want who they want and when they want in the white palace..

trust me, even if he got in some how, he wont' last long and his sidekick will take over, as prescribe by the above...

remember JFK ..

to note, when RP was in the running last time, I keep telling my co-workers, Ron Paul is looking awesome.. seriously they said..

Ron who??
I was like.. wow.. welp .. the MSM is doing is job for sure..

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Komodo]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
my biggest concern here is that the establishment TPTB
will get to Ron Paul like they did with Dennis Kucinich
and completely change him.

And if they can't turn him

then I fear they will dispose of him somehow

Dr. Paul please watch your 6 bro.

I completely agree~!!

can't add anything else to this thread~! LOL.. star!!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
nice to see some breaking news on the old ats

altho paul will certainly take a beating at the polls

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by Flatfish
...if he ever had a chance at becoming president it was destroyed by some of his son's recent position statements made while campaigning for the U.S. senate. Remember, the acorn never falls very far from the tree.

That's the biggest piece of BS ever. Why is Ron Paul being held accountable for the views of his son? Are you accountable for the views of your father? Or the views of your brother or sister? NO!

Stop perpetuating total BS like this. Ron Paul is Ron Paul. He is not Rand Paul. And he is not anyone other than him. His ideas are his own. How many different other ways must I phrase this?

And frankly, his son's views have NOTHING to do with why Ron Paul will have a hard time becoming President.

:shk:

[edit on Mon Aug 16th 2010 by TrueAmerican]

sadly you just witnessed what the American media will use against Ron Paul to dethrone him.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I think Rom Paul needs to disassociate himself with the republican party and run as an independent.. He has a lot of hard nose ideas which neither party has the guts to address. A real change in government won't happen if the elected candidate is going to have to bow to party pressure and ideals. Electing someone under the same old stagnate and corrupt parties won't allow for free thinking and a change in government policies.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto

Newt Gingrich is old. He's an old man,

On election day 2012: Gingrich will be 69 years old. Ron Paul Fantasy will be 77.

Who is old again?

Edit: This is NOT an endorsement of Gingrich. He lost me when he fell for Global Warming.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Carseller4]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
On election day 2012: Gingrich will be 69 years old. Ron Paul Fantasy will be 77.

lol
ya know I keep hearing the age card played
not only here at ATS but other places as well
and might I add that Strom Thurman worked
in politics til he was 100.

hmmmm

that means RP might have 23 more good years left.
So dont let age set precedent

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Let's wish Ron some luck. Though I'm not entirely sure if he's still human...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

actually, im more of the opinion that people are naturally drawn to bandwagons.

If it's "Cool" to vote for Obama, then thats what they do.

If Ron Paul runs for President, and actually gets the nomination, it'll be "Cool" to vote for him.

I sure as hell will

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This is great news, though I was expecting it anyway. I don't know how many times I have heard people something along the lines, it really doesn't matter whether he runs or not because he won't get elected but that's not the point, IMO. Rather, the point is the publicity. After his last campaign, so many people were turned on to the message of liberty and and many more people were turned on to the joke of our two party system and the false-hood of the American left-right paradigm.

If or better yet, when Ron Paul runs again in 2012, we can expect many more people to be awakened to the realities of our tired and corrupt system of politics.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
i come from another really big website where almost everyone supports Ron Paul. you might know it as 4chan. anyway, the people responsible for making things go viral will hopefully be a big help in this campaign. im not sure if anyone here has heard of chanology, and im not saying its going to be like that, im just saying he is gonna get some big help on the internet from a large group of people who can manipulate youtube and google to get ron paul to the tops of google trends and loved videos. last election everyone there was more concerned about 'the black guy" but i really believe that this next election, ron paul will get A LOT more publicity that before because of alternative websites and the fact that most people with alternative views are becoming more and more connected via the internet. im not saying 4chan will be responsible if he wins, im just saying that the majority of one of the biggest [alternative] online communities supports him and could at least play a small roll in getting word to the people.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Ahhh great, sadly i still think he won't win....let's face it, most people are idiots that fall for cheesy catchphrases and like their politicians to be like celebs with all the glitz and glamor, to hell with actual policies...they have a very short memory and attention span also. As usual the media will make sure that yet another groomed puppet wins and the status quo is upheld.

Perfect assessment Solomons.

As much as I love Dr. Paul he doesn't have the "Presentation" thing down well at all.

We need a Ron Paul with a Jesse Ventura "in your face", "stop the tap dancing and answer the question" type of bravado.

Although I believe that Judge Nap. could hold his own in a square off.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Originally posted by Mak Manto

Newt Gingrich is old. He's an old man,

Who is old again?

Edit: This is NOT an endorsement of Gingrich. He lost me when he fell for Global Warming.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Carseller4]

Gingrich is nothing new, though. He's a GOP man. Ron Paul's an independent who strikes a chord with many people.

Though, don't let this make you think I'm a Ron Paul supporter.

I'm an Obama man.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by hawaiinguy12

Allllll riiiiighty then

So he's got 2 years to produce his birth certificate then and prove
he's an Umerican. Or do they just assume he's Honky Donkey and
just ignore it. Interesting.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Missed a chance to see Ron at a meeting he had at our public library here in League City, TX. He was there to promote a reading program for local schools I believe. What a guy, I mean other folks are out doing lavish invitation only fundraisers, raising millions of dollars to live the high life, and Mr. Paul is out doing real good in the world. He will never be elected.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by hawaiinguy12

aren't the Collins family a part of the 13 or so family bloodlines? I was reading a thread on ATS here discussing the families at "the top of the heap" and im pretty sure i remember the Collins family being a part of that? Can anyone clarify for me?

If this is true, we should question RP's allegience(sp?) shouldn't we?
I mean I love Ron Paul, but the name Collin kinda stood out to me and shouted for some reason, so i have to question it.

It would be awesome to see RP debate with Obama and the Repubs. Doubt msm would give him the opportunity tho or would they?

And the next thing that comes to mind is...
will he conform to the agenda to TPTB, or will he take Kennedy's path?

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join