It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Real Englishmen

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
The English and British, let us remember that we are a United Kingdom, are and have always been a multi-cultural civilisation. We have a rich history , but we are by no means pure blood. It is because of this rich diversity that we became what we are. We have Norse, French, Germanic, Roman and yes (to a certain extend, African) blood running through our veins. Let us embrace our diverse culture and not try to alienate ourselves.

I am proud to be British and proud to be an Englishman. I am also mindful and proud of our diversity and it is the culmination of those other cultures that we incorporated that made us who we are. Let us not forget how the Indian culture has shaped us. For instance, the favourite dish in the UK now is of Indian decent.

As an Englishman, I do not want to be an isolationist. I want to welcome new cultures, but not at the expense of my identity.

The time of Empire is over and we should accept that. There is no place for Empire today.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Yeah! Let's go fight all those nasty Islamic types, then when we've kicked them all out we'll go after the Hindus and Sikhs and Jews too....because, well, they dress funny and are not like us either.
How about we then start on all the Eastern Europeans, followed by all those funny brown people, the ones smoking funny substances and their crazy witchdoctors.

Truth is, I am more "English" than the Queen of Englands tits, and I have mixed blood in me from down through the ages.

You wanna go start a fight, then do so, but don't expect us all to cheer you on while waving our little Made in China flags or help out when you get your arse kicked!

Looks like another Islam Basher trying to stir up a bit of racial tension to me.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
Don't climb on the highest bucket yet...

The Dutch once ruled the English. The means to evolve into an empire was made possible because the Dutch got you the means to do so and paved the way for you.

When?????

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
... Considering I come from one of the largest multi-cultural cities (11th on the list) I don't see race as being a big issue anymore. If this is a racist debate than I think you're quite narrow-minded.
Without different races appearing in different countries then we wouldn't have the trade we do. I'm betting your one of these racists that love to slag those 'pakis' off, but are happy enough to eat their food when you order it.

Considering we hold the largest Caribbean carnival outside of london and the largest diwali celebration outside of India culture doesn't really bother me, it's not thrown in your face unless you make it a point to be. Unless of course you actively go to these celebrations just to cause trouble. In which case, you're just plain stupid.

The only part of this discussion I agree with is that England is loosing it's heritage.

Just a thought.

[edit on 16/8/10 by stefplz]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

The Normans were Vikings who had conquered part of France prior to invading Britain in 1066.

That was the last time anyone succesfully invaded us, nearly a thousand years ago.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
Don't climb on the highest bucket yet...

The Dutch once ruled the English. The means to evolve into an empire was made possible because the Dutch got you the means to do so and paved the way for you.

Not to mention the French as well, the Normans are responsible for quite a huge part of 'British history'. They didn't call him Bill the Conqueror for nothing. He did a pretty good job too.

Truth is the French ruled England first and seeded the free world, your probably French anyway so chill and have a glass of red and some brie.

Anyway, stupid thread is stupid thread.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by pazcat]

But matey, 'Bill' wasnt even french the term 'norman' actually means 'Norseman' and you will find he was of scandinavian descent. The gene pool here is a proper melting pot and i doubt such a thing as a true 'Englishman' exists in the sense you are trying to mean it!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I like the vast majority of proud Englishmen and Britains have no problem with the diversity of our culture.

All societies have to continue growing and developing or they grow stale and crumble.

But it should not be at the expence of our heritage, they should be able to co-exist and indeed compliment each other.
We should take great pride in the past and the future of this great nation and union.

Unfortunately there are those that would have us disown and be ashamed of our past and seem intent on socially engineering us into something we are not and have no desire to be.
We will NOT allow this to happen.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

sorry friend, i, as an american born shortly after ww2, have always admired that stiff upper lip.

i don't remember any hollywood movie denigrating the will and resolve of you britts.

the long march, bridge over the river kwai, d-day, etc etc etc, lol, you guys got slammed but never were made to look bad!

i'm talking movies before 1970.

"the man who would be king" is one of my favs.

but i feel what you say is less practiced today than times past.

same here.

when push comes to shove, you guys can and will "kick it up a notch"!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Ha... That's funny. The One that became king of England was the founder of the Dutch royal family. However he was halve French and have German.

Even in our national anthem we sing, I am from German blood.

reply to post by babloyi

If that was the case wouldn't you be Celtic or something ? With red hair ?

reply to post by Freeborn

When what exactly ?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by union_jack
Look at it now...mass unemployment, cost of living soars through the roof..i,m british..born and bred...its no good blowin all that (what we did stuff)..its what we gonna do now.

Well said mate.

The only answer is to completely close our borders and sort out the ENGLISHMAN. The NHS and welfare state need to be sorted out once and for all. This cannot be done while we are using it to support immigrants.

I am sick of working to pay for these people to live in modern homes and sit and watch Jeremy Kyle all day

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
Islam is the problem

We need to destroy it in our country

And we will

Soon

Just trying to avoid a HARDER fight..

Replace the word Islam with Judasim and you've got a quote straight out of the Goebbels Propaganda Class of '34 handbook there.

I'm as English as they come.

My grandparents fought in WW2 to defeat facist ideals - not to embrace them - their generation made the ultimate sacrifice for ours.

So thanks, but NO thanks.

Your idea of England is not what people died for.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

When exactly did The Dutch rule England?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

You are quite correct.

But neither is the Islamification of this country and the blatant attempt to turn this country into a poor replica of continental Europe.

We are who and what we are and should be proud of it.

What we become should be a natural development as we continue to grow and develop and absorb the good and positive elements of new cultures within our society.
It should not be forced upon us by the mis-guided dictates of the PC brigade or as the result of Social Engineering exercises and experiments.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Its not just the English who have been "dumbed down". Its pretty much a world wide epidemic. The Americans are our decendants look at them. They are hardly running riot and their situation is worse than ours is.

We have lost our backbone. Its intentional. Our governments are # scared of us. They are so corrupt and in so much dung, if we got a proper whiff of it then we'd hang them all. Its happened many times throughout history in many countries and they need a way to prevent it.

They have kept us sweet with technological toys and sporting distractions (not that these are bad - they are just being abused) forcing a world view on us by regulating media and filtering out reality.

Divide and conquer. Artificial divisions are created. They fabricate reasons for people to hate each other. Our rights are stripped away by introducing less tolerant people with conflicting cultures into our country and having to appease them, and by their foreign policy creating new enemies for us to be afraid of.

Respect is a thing of the past. Discipline is now a form of abuse. There are so many rules and regulations limiting what people can do in order to properly help people in all walks of life yet because of these rules people are exploiting them left right and center while the people in genuine need go without.

We are forced to work 9-5 for corporations in order for just enough money to buy food and (in the west) some of the goods we produced, while the people we work for get richer and live more lavishly, and when they screw things up, we have to pay for it.

This is all normal to most people. People have bought democracy. People have bought capitalism. People believe there is no viable alternative. People dont want to hear the alternatives, they are told they are evil. Remind you of anything?

At least in England, people are kept under the illusion that democracy works because there are local councillors who are not career politicians and actually want to do whats right - yet the vast majority of parliament are in it purely for the money and power, and do whats best for themselves and screw the rest of us.

Even though their corruptions are being exposed they create laws that get themselves out of the mess and employ people to put a spin on the story to make them look less bad or by creating distractions or diverting blame onto scapegoats. People STILL DO NOTHING!

You have to remember that the amount of people who take an interest in things from outside the bubble their government has created is very small. Most people have little to no interest or knowledge in the topics discussed on a board like this. So most people are living in ignorant bliss with the odd dose of natural disaster, Iran or NK fear thrown in to make it seem more real.

And when you do try to interest these people, it often ends badly because they often dont want to know. Others know about it and set about abusing the system because thats just the type of people they are.

We need to get rid of our government. We need to escape the choke hold of the EU. We need to go back to some good, decent moral boundaries. We need to instill more discipline. But most importantly, we need to learn our lessons from our past mistakes.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

My country has been well and trully blessed by mexican food and people...

Islam is the problem

We need to destroy it in our country

And we will

Soon

Just trying to avoid a HARDER fight..

Islams is as much a part of the problem as Christianity, Judaism, Sihkism, Hinduism, and any other religious isms you can think of. They are all there to control us and divide us. They do the job very well, cant you see what is happening?

The REAL enemy is the one who is creating these divisions and the one who is playing them off against each other. You need to find out who is doing that then take them on, because you can never defeat an organisation by taking on only the middle managers.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

No, no red hair. I'm what some call "black irish" (refers to hair colour, not skin
). Supposedly came over from Spain in ancient history. Still, I've never been to Ireland myself.

So...while I maybe can't say "I'm as English as the rest of you!"
, what else can I be?

PS: I'm muslim too, does that make me even less English, and perhaps not even Irish?

"WHAT? Doesn't drink and says he's Irish?! Stuff and nonsense!"

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

From 1689 to 1702.

Although he ruled together with Queen Mary, after she died he stayed king.
He was only City holder in Holland at the time as we were still a republic.

The first corporations started here the east and west Indian companies. His position as king was likely the reason for these companies to settle in Londen and with them the financial elite.As Britain became the place to be and an empire was in the making.

I don't know if you can read all of this on wiki but there is an alternative history which is not part of our history books. Although it is freely available in public domain.

Here is a link : William III of England

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Please don't let the Irish hear you said that.

I'm not English at all. I'm Dutch with roots from Austrian Germans. My great grandfather who was born in 1900 grew up in the Netherlands. The other side of the family were native commons... the German Austrian connection even added some nobility to my blood. Unfortunately it is in continuous conflict with my common part...

What ! You are Muslim ? Something tells me that I would like you anyway.
Unless you plan of being overly protective and enthusiastic about your faith, and think of cutting the heads of the infidel from their torso...

I've known and know a lot of Muslims from school, as neighbor and as friends. I've never experienced any sort of hatred from any of them and that they happen to celebrate the 9-11 event , I can understand that for a number of reasons. As long as mutual respect and tolerance are in place it doesn't matter to me and I won't treat you different then any other person. Were you born a Muslim or did you converted later in life ?.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

You mean a Dutch man who married The Queen Of England and Ireland and ruled jointly with her until her death and then by himself for 8 years?

The Bill Of Rights was presented to William and Mary prior to their ascension to the throne.
The Bill Of Rights states that The Crown is constitutionally required to seek the assent of the people through their elected representatives in Parliament.
It also affirmed certain rights that citizens were entitled to.

In effect it was the start of the constitutional monarchy we have today with little if any real powers to rule.

Upon his death his wife's sister assumed the throne.

So whilst it is true to say that a Dutchman sat on the English throne for a very short time it is highly inaccurate to say 'The Dutch ruled England'.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

My personal opinion on the matter :

The Dutch never ruled any country.

The aristocrat families did.

The house of Orange is French and German.The English and Dutch nobility was related. Their power still reaches far beyond we are told. The English royal family use to go by the name of Guelphs and are also of German origin.

As I said before, there is a lot we do not know. I came across an article fully backed up with for the most part ( at least those I checked ) were legitimate.

Anyway...

My country used to be a republic until the house of Orange cheated themselves the throne. After William the third of Orange moved financial center to London and the house of Orange got their hands on the throne.

The Golden Century 1600 - 1700 ended My guess is because our main source of income moved our jobs oversees. Just like that still happens today.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join