It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Ever Acceptable For A Father to Drink His Daughters Breast Milk?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I came upon this story about a woman who donated her breast milk to her cancer-stricken father in the belief that it has cancer cell killing properties.

Georgia Browne, who recently gave birth to baby Monty, has been supplying her father Tim with her milk in a pretty unorthodox (in my opinion) effort to combat his liver and colon cancer. She expresses the milk and her dad then puts it on his cornflakes in the morning:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

To quote Tim Browne - "If i have a lactating daughter, why not take advantage of her, as long as Monty didnt mind."

Then there is the case of Sonia Ortiz-Allen who similarly has tried to help her dad fight his prostate and bladder cancer by providing him with her breast milk. Shockingly, in this instance her father drinks it directly from her breast! Here is the only link i could dig up on it:

www.pickmeupmagazine.co.uk...

Indeed, there has been research that breast milk contains a substance called HAMLET (Human Alphalactalbumin Made LEthal to Tumour cells) which breaks down and kills the cancer cells, but im not sure of the effectiveness of this substance.

www.sciencedaily.com...

To be honest, i take all reports that refer to breast milk as a panacea for all manner of diseases and conditions with a pinch of salt. It seems to be fashionable to promote breastfeeding these days and it wouldnt surprise me if scientists have shoehorned in their research data to fit whatever theory they want to promote.

Anyway, these stories jar at my morals. Im not in these peoples positions so im not really qualified to judge them, but their accounts caused me to raise my eyebrows a bit. I suppose, in a way, there is not much difference between a mother feeding her child and a mother feeding her father, they are both family members, but even so!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I fail to see how it would help his condition really, but i also fail to see why there is any moral difficulties regarding it...it's just milk for christs sake, his daughter thinks it will help him, fair play to her...it can't hurt to try i guess. I see absolutely nothing wrong with it and im confused as to why other people would.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Never read the Grapes of Wrath?
A different situation though, since that was a matter of starvation rather than quackery.

[edit on 8/15/2010 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I'd drink gorilla piss if I thought it would cure my cancer. And belief is powerful. I understand where they got the idea that the breast milk may help his t cell count and immunity levels. No moral problems here. Even if he was suckling from her breast, no problem (well maybe a few naughty thoughts). Just a daughter trying to save her father.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
It either works or it doesn't, maybe one day we'll find out. The problem here is the question "is it acceptable?" It's nobody's business is it? Good luck to him and I hope it does help. There's nothing wrong with that. If on the other hand he was sucking it from her breasts then it's still nobody's business but a tad gross and I'd stay clear of folk like that.

When you think about it. Why is it okay for humans to drink cow milk but less okay for humans to drink human milk?

[edit on 15-8-2010 by wigit]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The only way I can see any moral issues is if he is tapping that nipple directly

Other than that it's just breast milk, I hope it works for him, it certainty won't do him any harm... Just so long as the baby gets it's fair share there is no reason to waste the excess.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
When you think about it. Why is it okay for humans to drink cow milk but less okay for humans to drink human milk?

Aint that the truth. We need more people like this in the world.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernutty

Originally posted by wigit

Aint that the truth. We need more people like this in the world.

Every time I tell someone "you don't see a grown cow drinking milk, why are we listening to the farmers?" they start sparking and twitching at me.

On topic, I am not sure this will help or not but if it does I hope they go public via the internet versus the MSM.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
If her breast milk was actually helping her father, I really dont see the issue here. Now drinking right from her breast, that probably would be a bit weird and unnecessary, but if she pumps and them gives him the milk in a car and he feels better for it, then I dont see any problem with this at all.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
it doesn't matter to me and i don't see it as morally unacceptable, although maybe they should have kept it to themselves?

(ps. never thought i'd read a title like that here on ATS.. aliens, evil governments, super tyrants who are mentally ill, sun monsters and jelly gods from planet zarg. but never "is it ever acceptable for a father to drink his daughters breast milk?")

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Well it certainly raises a confused smile on my face to see a picture of a man sucking on his daughters titties

I have no problems with this, but i am sure there are people out there who can get offended by about anything, including breastmilk.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Ya know, if it turns out that human milk is actually able to fight off cancer, this would be great news.

I was accidentally taking my mother's hormone pills for a short time and started lactating. So really, it doesn't even take breeding to produce the stuff. It would be plentiful if enough people were willing to do it.

Hell, I would willing to be a "donor", if the pay was right.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
The only way I can see any moral issues is if he is tapping that nipple directly

Other than that it's just breast milk, I hope it works for him, it certainty won't do him any harm... Just so long as the baby gets it's fair share there is no reason to waste the excess.

Haha, yes.

I agree, it's certainly a bit.... weird and unusual, but it is none of our business and if it's not against the wishes of the daughter then I don't see the problem.

Honestly though, we have such finicky social rules/taboos where half of them are utter nonsense if you think about it. At least, if society does go down the toilet, I'm sure we'll see lots of things people would find weird as people try to survive.

As for the hopefully cure for his cancer, I don't know. I doubt it but the mind is powerful and if this drives him to fight it, I'm all for it. I'm a big believer in encouraging people's ideas (as long as they don't hurt anyone else) if they think it's beneficial for them. Even if they are a bit.... unconventional.

Edit: Spelling. D'oh!

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Tarrok]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
well you know,even if it has not been scientifically proved, you can do it.Hey we see it everyday!Now drinking directly from the breast of your daughter, ew.

I don't think theyre doing it in a kinky way or anything,its just not a good picture,and frankly, nobody would look at that in a normal way,its just not ok lol.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Milk sustains life for infants - why not for adults. There are studes that it contains healing properties. It is not imoral to give your cancer ridden father your breast milk. For crying out loud he isn't feeding from the breast! I hope it helps him, this is love!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
if he has gotton it straight from her breast then he isnt doing taht because he thinks it will help him.
If that is all there is to it then she should have stuck with the pump.
but i see no one posting who has the guts to say it this guy has a thing for his girl. and uses this to make it look legit .
like i said Pump tehn yes its just trying to help .
after all when my x wife was lactation i tryed it and let me tell you i didn't give one hoot as to the health content lolol
Of corse she was my wife Not my kid .
ps if this guy really believes this then why doesn't he buy it? you can buy it you know.
and puts it in cornflakes? pass the milk darling lolol darn its cold warm it up a little honny

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
There's a lot of people missing the common sense gene when it comes to breast-feeding. You'd actually think it was sperm or urine the way some folk react. It's milk.

If a woman breast-feeds in public she's an exhibitionist. If she likes breast-feeding and it lasts longer than a couple of months she's a perv and most probably getting some sexual stimulation from it.

Now we're hearing more and more that other people are starting to drink human milk, for health reasons or whatever. I wonder how the nay-sayers will classify that?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
the links lead to two different articals two differents sets of people .
personialy i think the second is made up and the first makes no mention of the dad getting it right from the breast .

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
heck breast feeding kids well i say a year or year and a half is about right buy that time the kids on solids and dont need it .
2 months ? its not a puppy lol

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
ps by the way i aloways wonder if it would be possible to keep a baby alive from birth without haveing milk of any kind what so ever.
immange no stores and the wife dies giving birth .
ok so would the kid be doomed to die in mad maxs world?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join