It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this object flying behind the WTC?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Here's what I see:
On the first video, the object is coming at an angle of about 45 Deg. straight down to the ground.

On the other video you can clearly see a bird coming from way below the angle of the first object on the first video. So, there is no way them two are tied in being the same thing.

Also, the big problem here is not the object in question but the speed comparison between the slow motion video and the speed of the object travelling a hundred times faster than that of the video.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by TheEnlightenedOne]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I just downloaded and played the 2nd video posted in slow motion. I found something rather interesting....

There seems to be another object flying in formation with it. You can see it in the last 3 frames.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/209d7c4cb874.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSam

Funny....in this day and age of technology, is it possible that some people still don't own their own video cameras?

I mean --- anyone who's had one, and used it enough, will know that when you are "filming" (video-ing) a scene, and your focus is to infinity (as it would be in the example you posted) then things that fly past the lens, within the frame of the shot, will BLUR out , and have what lloks like an extreme velocity.

It is pretty basic stuff, really.

Take your camera (borrow or rent one, if you don't have) and do the experiment for yourselves:

Focus on a distant opbject...building, mountain, something a good distance away.

Have a friend toss something past your lens, so it gets into the shot.

Then view the playback results.

Simple.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Lot of noise, more lot of noise, very loud bangs. Screaming people - will a bird start fly away? hmmm....

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Here is a video with 2 birds flying. Watch the bird at the end of the video cross the screen from right to left at the very bottom of the screen.

By way of comparison you can see that at normal speed this bird is very fast as it is close to the camera.

The aricraft/bird in the first video crosses the screen about as fast but the first video is in slow motion.

Decide for yourselves -

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Excellent point. When focused at long distances anything close to the camera would be blurry. The flying object is blurred due to speed, not distance from the camera.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Well gee, it couldn't be further from the camera could it?

A basic idea on perspective goes a long way.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

If you mean the pigeon perched on the roof's edge, at first? No...it really isn't all that close...we don't really know, do we? Without knowing the zoom level, the lens length in that shot.

Later, another bird zooms past...again, no way to gauge distance. Just a blur.

Point is, in the OP video? Something was very close to the camera, and apparent motion even higher, even IN slo-mo.

Plus, the blurring is even more pronounced, with closer proximity.

Try the experiments.....

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne
Here's what I see:
On the first video, the object is coming at an angle of about 45 Deg. straight down to the ground.

On the other video you can clearly see a bird coming from way below the angle of the first object on the first video. So, there is no way them two are tied in being the same thing.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by TheEnlightenedOne]

These are filmed from different locations, the first looking up within 2-3 blocks and the second from a mile or 2 away. Given the timing in relation to events I think they are the same object.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Point is, in the OP video? Something was very close to the camera, and apparent motion even higher, even IN slo-mo.

Plus, the blurring is even more pronounced, with closer proximity.

Try the experiments.....

In the OP video it looks more like the object comes from behind the WTC building. You can only see it first appear from the buildings edge. Play the video in slow motion and you will not see it coming across the face of the building.

So if it's coming from behind the building it means the distance is great rather than close

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSam

Can't buy your interpretation, sorry...

It's close to the camera --- the speed is too fast to be otherwise.

AND, it appears just at the edge of the dark smoke cloud...

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

I can agree about the shape seeming bird-like but regardless of how close to the camera it might have been there is still the matter of speed to be reckoned with. The planes were purported to be going around 400 mph if I remember correctly. It cannot be a bird.

You cant say that the distant from the object to the camera should not be
regarded. Perspective and physics are very important in this case. The speed
looks consistent with a bird.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSam

Hi,
Just to through my 2 cents in.
I agree with you . the object appears to be far from the camera lens,
as it appears from behind the building at about 14.2 seconds into the video.

I don't think it is a bird. just my opinon.

peace

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSam

Tried to find other examples of what I'm talking about....I'm not a shooter, but this one looked like a good candidate.

I see a bird flying by, close in, while the camera is focused at (as the text onscreen says) "1016 yards". A bird flies right-to-left, at about 1:26.

Watch for more examples, if you have the time...(I can't be bothered to waste mine).

Again...this needs to be said. NINE years later, and people who don't really know what they're looking at, keep trying to analyze footage that has been seen by literally MILLIONS (billions??) of people, and think THEY have seen something no one else has??

[edit on 14 August 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
it's a bird...i'm more interested in how an aluminum nosed airliner could remain intact and non-deformed coming out the other side of the building at the 6 second mark of that clip?

Because clearly it is non-deformed, because the video is so high-resolution and closeup to the airliner, and the plane exits the building in one piece, intact and undamaged rather than in flaming, smoking pieces that fall to the ground.

I am beginning to think that 90% of people on ATS are retarded.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Point taken. In the pigeon video you are correct, there is no way on knowing the distance of the camera from the WTC or the bird(s).

My reference to the blurring was regarding the video I posted (where the object has some clearly defined edges) and not the OP video. I was vague, my apologies.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
it's a bird...i'm more interested in how an aluminum nosed airliner could remain intact and non-deformed coming out the other side of the building at the 6 second mark of that clip?

I am certain that there are regulars here who have debunked the thing you mention. It is only a video, so the technology may have imagined the nose of the missile, you know, image stabilization glitch, something like that, which exploded inside the building.

Dorian? Dreamwalker?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by TheSam

Again...this needs to be said. NINE years later, and people who don't really know what they're looking at, keep trying to analyze footage that has been seen by literally MILLIONS (billions??) of people, and think THEY have seen something no one else has??

[edit on 14 August 2010 by weedwhacker]

I posted a video with an anomaly in it, coincidentally at the same time the WTC tower gets hit, and you respond setting the basis that I must never have used video cameras before and suggest i should go outside and do some experiments so i can learn more... really?

Lol it's funny how all your posts are of a condescending nature, it seems you must try to belittle the person's intelligence to debunk the premise.

I've done a lot of research into 9/11, read lots of threads, seen lots of videos and this was new to me. I've lurked on ATS for years and i have never seen this here before, it may have been discussed here already but i hadn't seen it and ATS is the correct forum to discuss such a thing.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I don't think what is seen in the OP's video is so close to the camera. I'd say it was further away then the towers.

edit: no its not. You can see it pass the tower on the left, at the top right corner. It blends it with the smoke.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Myendica]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Its coming either out of the building or from behind the building.If it would be a bug or bird in front of the camera you would see the flightpath across of the white colour of the building.But you can't.It just materializes from within or behind the tower,which means its huge and quite fast.The other video clearly shows a bird.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join