It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biblical Deaths: How Many Did God Kill? How Many Did Satan Kill?

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
To figure out who has killed most people in the Bible of God or Satan. We have to figure out who is who first. Who is the real God! And which one are we really worshiping?

Initially the Bible starts out with Thee God and than later goes on to mention Lord God.

Thee God would never have needed a title like Lord God to proclaim authority over Man. Only a personality like Satan would need a title of Lord to give himself authority over Man. So Satan is most likely Lord God.

Remember Thee God created man in his image. In his image he created him as male and female.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

No. Jesus flat out says God is lord and king. The title is he and his alone. Therefore all kings and governments are wrong.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

I repeat, The Bible says God does not kill innocents.

The bible is clearly wrong in this claim. And many others.

But all men are guilty of crime. So God will not punish those who do not kno their sin until the last day.

Genesis 20 doesn't say this as your handy dandy chart claims.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Again you are selective not looking at the whole picture. God says all humans are damned on their own. In Gen 20 the man asked if he would kill a whole innocent nation. God said that he kept the knowledge of sin from him for his own good. To use his life to prove a point. That he won't kill innocent people.

Are you done drawing straws yet?

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
1. I don't believe in God because no God I want to believe in would kill, and torture innocent people for no reason.

2. Since I do not believe in God I do not interpret the Bible literally.

3. The only proof that I have that God directly interviened and killed those people is in a literal interpretation of the same book I find flawed and don't believe in.

Not beliving in God because you don't agree with a God that is capable of such bad things... but if you don't believe in God then those bad things could not have been God's fault in the first place.

Circular reasoning at it's finest.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by b309302]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
A BOOK ABOUT ATHEISM:

No matter how many pages it has, no matter how many words in the book,
it might as well be merely a book of empty pages.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Some do not believe in God because of all the suffering in the world. Without the bad there is no context for good to exist in. If God created the world without suffering would you be aware you lived in such a world? If there was no such thing as disease, how would you know to be thankful to God for not having diseases... unless you had something to put it in context. It's all about context. While we might experience suffering, the only way we know we are experience suffering is because we are not experiencing the happiness we had before. You can't have one without the other. To create our view of a perfect world would be a world without suffering or happiness, devoid of context... literally limbo. How many people want to live eternity in limbo with no emotions, feelings or stimuli. Could we still then claim it's perfect? Our world as insane as it seems might actually be God's perfection for us. Life isn't fair, if it was there wouldn't be any point to living. How long would you play a game if there was no challenge to it? Would you honestly create the world any different?

[edit on 25-8-2010 by b309302]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

reply to post by spy66

No. Jesus flat out says God is lord and king. The title is he and his alone. Therefore all kings and governments are wrong.

That is probably why Satan is camouflaged as Lord God in the Bible. It makes a lot sense when you read what he is making us do for him.

Lord God also warns Moses about Jesus. By saying: there will come a man who speaks with my tongue, but it will not be my words..... I dont remember the verse, but its there in the Bible.

The difference is that Jesus will speak the true word of God. Lord God does not.

In the end it is the doctrine passed on from Lord God to Moses that gets Jesus killed. Jesus didn't worship Lord God of Israel. And the worshipers of Lord God dint believe Jesus was Gods son.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I searched this and I could not find it. That said I invite you, like the OP, to show me where you think God told man to do things Satan would say.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Again you are selective not looking at the whole picture. God says all humans are damned on their own. In Gen 20 the man asked if he would kill a whole innocent nation. God said that he kept the knowledge of sin from him for his own good. To use his life to prove a point. That he won't kill innocent people.

Are you done drawing straws yet?

Sorry but god's "get out of jail free" card doesn't work. In a single incident he killed 70K innocent people. I know it's hard for you to think your god would kill innocent people because you'd have to view him as a complete jackass, but it's a fact: he killed innocent people AND told you a lie since he said he wouldn't. Learn it. Love it. Live it.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Then I'll ask you one simple question. How do you know they were innocent of a crime. Not David's. A crime of their own.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Then I'll ask you one simple question. How do you know they were innocent of a crime. Not David's. A crime of their own.

That doesn't matter. What does matter is that they were innocent of David's crime which subsequently caused god to kill them.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Oh yes it does matter. Because as you have failed to answer, you have no means of knowing what they were guilty or innocent of. Like I said. Two birds with one stone. You ignore this continuously.

Sometimes you're right. Sometimes you're wrong. Here, you are wrong. learn it, live it, love it. Welcome to being human.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Oh yes it does matter. Because as you have failed to answer, you have no means of knowing what they were guilty or innocent of. Like I said. Two birds with one stone. You ignore this continuously.

Sometimes you're right. Sometimes you're wrong. Here, you are wrong. learn it, live it, love it. Welcome to being human.

I have answered this repeatedly and it just doesn't sink in to your brain for whatever reason. Fine, if you wish to assume and pretend that they were all guilty so that it doesn't make the biblical god look like a murderous liar then so be it. The rational people see it differently (including the Jews apparently since adjensen included a link with them questioning the census murders).

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

No, you haven't answered. You simply say they were not guilty of David's claim. As if that makes them innocent. Was Hitler guilty of Stalin's crimes? No. But if they both somehow wound up in the same area and God killed Hitler and Stalin died with him, is Stalin somehow innocent?

Can you get that through your head? Because you don't seem to understand the concept of two birds with one stone. In fact you simply ignore it.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

No, you haven't answered. You simply say they were not guilty of David's claim. As if that makes them innocent. Was Hitler guilty of Stalin's crimes? No. But if they both somehow wound up in the same area and God killed Hitler and Stalin died with him, is Stalin somehow innocent?

Can you get that through your head? Because you don't seem to understand the concept of two birds with one stone. In fact you simply ignore it.

I understand the concept and I understand you're making huge assumptions about something that cannot be definitively verified. But what can be definitively verified is that those people were innocent of David's crime. Sorry, but the biblical god murdered innocent people.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Star and flag!!!!!!

I love debating with those stats and I did so yesterday with my religious friends. They just simply did not want to believe it, even though the evidence is clear in the bible....one person even replied that " God didn't playback then"

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Star and flag!!!!!!

I love debating with those stats and I did so yesterday with my religious friends. They just simply did not want to believe it, even though the evidence is clear in the bible....one person even replied that " God didn't playback then"

He did lots & lots of killing in the first part of the bible. Then, by the last part, he switched to the more merciful habit of torturing people forever in Hell. Looks like he still doesn't play!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Yes. now lets follow that logic. In order to know why they were killed one must look where it is stated who God kills. In doing so, one fines they were not innocent of A crime. For they must have committed some sin to be punished. God says he does not destroy places with unsinful people nor innocent people in general. Judgement is for the last day.

In doing so one finds that they were guilty of either grave sin, "just following orders", or some other grave act against God.

You cannot even assume that they were innocent of David's crimes. For all you know many of them were soldiers and followed orders and did horrible violent acts. You have no idea. You can only know that they were killed, and based on what God said, they committed sin. That is all you know.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
How many has Satan killed? Well first, he uses mankind to do it:

* Abortion (how many millions, billions sacrificed?)
* NAZI Germany (how many hundreds of thousands?)
* Suicide (The real ones, and the staged ones)
* War (at the hands of TPTB)
* Martyrs (Througout the Bible and still happening today)
* Occult sacrifices (still going on during the Sabats)
* Deranged serial murders

I would have to say Satan by far. His greatest victory is getting people to think he doesn't exist. If you don't know who your enemy is, then he has ability to *opperate in the name of 'whomever'.

EDIT * opperate

[edit on 26-8-2010 by nlouise]

EDIT: And lets not forget physical death, brought on in the garden of Eden/Apple, until that moment there was no death. And who brought that on to begin with? Satan. That would put him at the head of ALL physical death.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by nlouise]

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join