It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biblical Deaths: How Many Did God Kill? How Many Did Satan Kill?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Passages you've yet to show.

How many sons did Absalom have?

2 Samuel 18:18
Now Absalom ... said, I have no son to keep my name in remembrance

2 Samuel 14:27
And unto Absalom there were born three sons.

And there's just one of many contradictions.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
you can't question gods judgement to kill people.

he'll kill you.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BillabongNath

I've heard this argument before actually and it's an interesting one. How does one know that the biblical god is actually god and not satan fooling us by claiming to be god?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

I've heard this argument before actually and it's an interesting one. How does one know that the biblical god is actually god and not satan fooling us by claiming to be god?

the bible was written by man (or the devil), who says satan didnt have some influence on the writing of the bible? an elaborate plan to make god look bad?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Slim
the bible was written by man (or the devil), who says satan didnt have some influence on the writing of the bible? an elaborate plan to make god look bad?

It absolutely was written by men. However, to the fundamentalist types it was written by or inspired by god. Most of these types take that at face value without ever asking the question that perhaps they are being fooled. They tend to claim they just know it was written by or inspired by god.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

BLAH, BLAH, its either EXCUSES or DIVERTING the discussion off topic. You all SIMPLY REFUSE TO ANSWER ABOUT YOUR BIBLES CONTRADICTIONS THAT PILE AS HIGH AS THE MOON!!!

You Bible believers certainly put forth LOADS of time and energy with all your EXCUSES talking about "blue" and "green" colors,
and DIVERSIONS like referring folks to other postings that has NOTHING to do with this topic and and taking CHEAP SHOTS at others, BUT...

BUT...

NO ANSWERS AS USUAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY NOT JUST DISCUSS THOSE CONTRADICTIONS from your "DIVINE and PERFECT LITTLE BOOK!!!!

Why keep WASTING time with EXCUSES and DIVERSION TACTICS?????????

Why not provide some stimulating and RATIONAL discussion about those BIBLE CONTRADICTIONS THAT PILE AS HIGH AS THE MOON?????????

ANSWERS, no more EXCUSES or DIVERSIONS!!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Ignore this troll. He believes that teaching your kids about your faith is child abuse, an absolute insult to all children that have suffered real abuse.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've yet to see anything posted by you that was above something a 12 year old would write. Planning on changing that here, Baloney?

Check out this link to the wonderful North Dakota Jesus camp video which is right IN YOUR STATE.

www.youtube.com...

Does this MADNESS not look like some form of child abuse to you?

Judging from your ALARMING views and opinions, I cannot help but arrive to the suspicion that you could very well be affiliated or a supporter of this nonsense from your home state.

Thats SAD!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Children being filled with the Holy Ghost?? Magnifying the Lord with the prayer language of heaven???

How beautiful. Praise the Lord.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Children being filled with the Holy Ghost?? Magnifying the Lord with the prayer language of heaven???

How beautiful. Praise the Lord.

I don't find it beautiful though I may not call Jesus Camp "child abuse". Inculcating children with religiosity before their age of reason is unethical in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Slim

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

That's easy to answer. The devil is not omniscient, only God can see/declare the end from the beginning. The Bible is 2/3 prophetic in nature. Only God who is omniscient could have inspired such things. People also falsely think satan is omnipresent, he's a created being, an angel, he can only be in one place at one specific time.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baloney

Originally posted by adjensen

Ignore this troll. He believes that teaching your kids about your faith is child abuse, an absolute insult to all children that have suffered real abuse.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've yet to see anything posted by you that was above something a 12 year old would write. Planning on changing that here, Baloney?

Check out this link to the wonderful North Dakota Jesus camp video which is right IN YOUR STATE.

Oh noes! I live in the same state as this camp, which was shut down in 2006! Do you think that the current inhabitants of Berlin are all Nazis, as well? That the current inhabitants of Cairo worship Ra?

Unfortunately for your claim, I am not an evangelical, nor a fundamentalist, nor do I live in Devils Lake (where the camp is,) nor had I ever heard of it prior to that film being released, nor would I support it if I had, since I am neither an evangelical or fundamentalist.

Are you really 12? I can understand, somewhat, your intellectual and social immaturity if you are such a nascent age.

Does this MADNESS not look like some form of child abuse to you?

Contrasted with real child abuse, certainly not. You defame real cruelty done to children with your bigoted, biased claims. If you had a shred of decency in you, you'd be ashamed for even implying that my teaching my kids about religion is child abuse.

But continue your testimony to the thoughtlessness, cruelty and inhumanity of the beliefs that you promote.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

In all honesty it may be a bit dramatic to label it as a form of "child abuse", but I view it as TOTALLY inappropriate to expose children to such MADNESS.

Children are TOO YOUNG to have this NONSENSE planted into their minds. They should be thinking about toys and cartoons and FUN stuff (you are a kid ONLY ONCE in life!!!), and not be BRAINWASHED into believing there is some spiritual WAR going on and that God would've "killed people like Harry Potter...". and that if they dont follow such narrow-minded, ridiculous, hatefull nonsense that their souls will be DOOMED for ETERNITY in a never-ending FIRE forever, and ever, and ever.

Such may not be "child abuse", but its DARN close.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

BLAH, BLAH, more cheap shots and accusations because you fail to have any real SUBSTANCE to provide. WHY DONT WE START DISCUSSING THOSE BIBLE CONTRADICTIONS, EH???

BIBLE CONTRADICTIONS!!!

No more EXCUSES, DIVERSIONS, and CHEAP SHOTS.

LETS GO ON THOSE BIBLE CONTRADICTIONS and not WASTE time like your USUAL replies.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Baloney]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillabongNath
God controls the earth with his religion.

Take a look at the Earth. How can you possibly claim that God controls anything with his religion? Is this the world that you would want to live in if you had control of it?

Satan has a minority religion and shouldn't be right if he is the controller of this world (as told in the bible)

Which he is not, obviously.

Swap god with satan and satan with god in the bible and i think you would be surprised.
I believe there is a misinterpretation with the names, simply.
Shows in the murders right?
Maybe god made it out as if he was the good one on earth through jesus, but instead he was killing and killing. This is new to me so i would like to hear some responses.

So, by your logic, the God in the Bible is really evil, and Satan in the Bible is really good? How does that make any sense? Satan is never portrayed as doing good, God is portrayed as (mostly) doing good. (The "mostly" qualifier is for those who believe that the OT is inerrant, but can't justify what he's up to. From my perspective, he's never portrayed as doing evil, but I do not accept inerrancy.)

The evil one "made it out as if he was the good one" through the person of Jesus Christ? How would that work?

Here's a very simple way to look at it. God is not an elitist. He does not grant salvation to the "clever" or the "elite" or those who have "solved the mystery." Salvation is there, right out in the open, free to anyone who wants it.

If the Bible is real and Christ was divinity made man (and you grant that by your argument) do you honestly believe that the all powerful creator of everything, who humiliated himself to death on a cross, would allow his plan to be derailed almost instantly by having man, in the form of Paul, or the early church, or whatever, corrupt and invalidate what he'd set out to do?

Or, for your "God is Satan, Satan is God" reversal, why would God give Satan free reign to misrepresent both Satan, and God, and never to anything to counter it? If you want to believe in "Satan as the real God", or "God as whoever God is NOT in the Bible", good luck with that.

Finally, and this is the personal bit, so take it for what it's worth, I am a Christian. I follow the teachings of Christ. God "tempts me to do good." When I am praying or feel close to God, if I feel the need to do something, it is always something good, never something bad. Whether you believe that is God, or the Spirit, or just me projecting, it doesn't matter, because the result of my relationship with the God of Christianity is the desire to love and help others, not to do selfish things.

Not really sure how that would work out if God wasn't good.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Baloney

Why do you keep demanding to discuss alleged biblical contradictions in THIS thread? Why not start a thread that specifically deals with such a topic in BTS??? Why are you demanding to take this thread completely off topic? If you want to "go there", start a thread about it in BTS.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

BLAH, BLAH, more cheap shots and accusations because you fail to have any real SUBSTANCE to provide. WHY DONT WE START DISCUSSING THOSE BIBLE CONTRADICTIONS, EH???

Excuse me? Are we really ten, not 12? You brought up the "Jesus Camp" thing, not me, so accept that I'm going to reply to that. If you don't want to talk about it, or to deny your foolish and shameful accusations of child abuse, I guess you shouldn't keep bringing it up.

There are 22 pages in this thread, and you will find plenty of bits of substance for my point of view regarding this subject. I'm not going to reiterate them all for you.

A long time ago, there was a person I knew who had a foul mouth, poor disposition, and spent most of their time denigrating other people. It started to bother me, and I happened to be talking to a lawyer and mentioned this person, and their response was "let them talk. I see this quite often in court, and the smart thing is to just let them testify. No sensible person likes that kind of behaviour, and every word that they spew out is just further indication about them and whatever it is that they're talking about."

So, keep talking, Baloney. Your continued immaturity, foolish statements and bigotry are quite enlightening.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Children are TOO YOUNG to have this NONSENSE planted into their minds.

Agreed and they're under the control of parents who often insist on it.

When I was maybe 4 or 5 my parents -though not really religious - took me to a church and dropped me off at "sunday school". I remember seeing horrible pictures of a bleeding guy nailed to a cross and people telling me stories that were impossible fantasy yet they really believed it. It frightened me and I insisted on never going back.

My grandparents took me again at around 10 years old or so and I found it just as weird but this time I was up in the main congregation and they were doing baptisms of other children. These kids, all of them, were kicking and screaming and hating the experience. I told my grandparents I wanted to leave and was never coming back.

I didn't begin investigating religions again until I had reached my age of reason

[edit on 20-8-2010 by traditionaldrummer]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Baloney

Why do you keep demanding to discuss alleged biblical contradictions in THIS thread? Why not start a thread that specifically deals with such a topic in BTS??? Why are you demanding to take this thread completely off topic? If you want to "go there", start a thread about it in BTS.

Because that WAS A QUESTION of an earlier post to which would make an excellent addition to the topic at hand here in THIS thread.

The answer to that question will add excellent substance and perspective in regards to the discussion within THIS thread.

AND, just because you and the others of the faith ARE UNABLE TO DISPUTE THOSE CONTRADICTIONS, THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT IS NOT AN APPROPRIATE QUESTION to ask in this thread!!

Must I AGAIN state the clear FACT that you CONTINUE to provide NOTHING other than EXCUSES, DIVERSIONS and CHEAP SHOTS to this thread??????

It would take just as much time and effort to ANSWER THE QUESTION.

Plus your little imaginary Jesus friend would rather you DEFEND him and make known to ALL WHO READ THIS THREAD ALL OVER THE WORLD of how PERFECT and DIVINELY INSPIRED that caveman bible book is along with the cast of characters found within it.

You have all of those IMAGINARY FRIENDS awaiting your clarification to those Bible contradictions. What are you waiting for?? Your little Bible story book was written with "divine inspiration" from your "perfect God, right?

Many people on earth and on the clouds above in the sky who are currently praising and playing harps to the white bearded, white robed old man up there are waiting for YOU to DEFEND the faith!!

Well????

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Baloney]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Many people on earth and on the clouds above in the sky who are currently praising and playing harps to the white bearded, white robed old man up there are waiting for YOU to DEFEND the faith!!

Oh, so you have an infantile understanding of religion. Very well, then.

Christianity needs no defender when a person of your depth is its accuser.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

DO you EVER run out of EXCUSES??

You could have just SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT on at LEAST ONE CONTRADICTION instead of coming up with another EXCUSE!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join