It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Harry Reid Uses Race To Garner Votes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Is this not a racist remark? I don't care if it comes from the left or the right deciding what someone should or shouldn't be based on race is ignorant. I think he's just insulted a large group of potential voters.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Here, for those who don't do YouTube is a link to a text article.

Harry Reid courts Hispanic Vote

And this is why the current administration will do nothing to fix the immigration problem in the south west.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

mr reid has made many a remark like this one but he has and will always get a free pass

i hope he gets defeated in his relection bid

but then agian i want all incumbents out

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I have to agree with Reid on this. (even though it's only an 8 second long clip and probably taken WAY out of context, brettbart wannabes rejoice!) I don't know how ANYONE could be a Republican. Especially anyone who has just been threatened by the GOP recently. I mean these are the people that want to rob EVERY American citizen of their 14th Amendment rights.

The GOP is the same group of people that also want to deport EVERY Hispanic person in America. (Oh don't kid yourselves right wingers, you do, you aren't fooling anyone.) I seriously don't know how any Hispanic American could possibly think that voting Republican is a good idea.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

why would anyone be a republican because we dont want our government telling us what to do:

what to think
what to eat
what to drink
you have too much others dont
etc...................

bascially as the judge said ..........." we just want to be left alone"

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
I have to agree with Reid on this. (even though it's only an 8 second long clip and probably taken WAY out of context, brettbart wannabes rejoice!) I don't know how ANYONE could be a Republican. Especially anyone who has just been threatened by the GOP recently. I mean these are the people that want to rob EVERY American citizen of their 14th Amendment rights.

The GOP is the same group of people that also want to deport EVERY Hispanic person in America. (Oh don't kid yourselves right wingers, you do, you aren't fooling anyone.) I seriously don't know how any Hispanic American could possibly think that voting Republican is a good idea.

Do you realize how silly you sound saying drivel like that? It's quite comical, Groucho would be proud of you.

I don't get how someone saying such things as Reid does actually ever got elected to an office. People on the Left give their fellow leftists a free ride when they say stupid racist things but go ballistic on anyone on the right barely mentioning race. Hypocrites if you ask me. I always find it funny that for the side that is supposedly "color blind" that they keep mentioning race for political gain.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

That's just a mini rant against government in general. Hell don't forget who it was that originally signed into law the Patriot Act.

So, if it's erosion of rights your against, tell me, why vote Republican? Seems to me, the GOP doesn't like individual rights lately. Hell, now they openly want to remove one of the most important parts of the United States Constitution. And you want to agree with them?

Republicans want to do away with the 1st Amendment:

No Mosque near ground zero. Yea, that's freedom of Religion for you.
www.thedailyshow.com...

Just saying, why would you buy into lies like that? The GOP wants to regulate what you think, hell, they want to also dictate how and where you worship.

reply to post by pavil

But don't you know, according to conservatives, Hispanics aren't a race, that's why it's ok to target them in places like Arizona. That's how they can claim that it's not racist to target and pull over Hispanics and check them for their citizenship status.

[edit on 8/11/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

yeah mr obama has just done so well with the constitution as well

patriot act still here

the unconstitutional healthcare plan........

yeah dems wanna do away with 2nd ammendment

i get it you dont like republicans thats fine

but i dont see any reason whatsoever to like democrats.

trust me i know the party aint perfect by any means but to me they are a hell of alot better than the alternative

and i want to no part of independents those fence sitting copouts who just jump on which ever side they want.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

the unconstitutional healthcare plan........

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know I was speaking to the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States.

So, tell us, when did the SCOTUS make this landmark decision? Can you give us your SCRIBD notes as to when you made this decision and how you came about it then? I mean it must be national news that you declared the healthcare law unconstitutional. Oh wait, it's not.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I have found the fastest way to shut down the
Its Bush's Fault
Is to Reply
Oh so you believe 911 was a inside job!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

come on man when has your government ever forced you to buy anything?

never until bho.

so if its not unconstitutional what is it?

why are so many states challenging a national law?

when in this nations history have states ever challenged any national law?

you know what nevermind i think your just bored so im moving on:p

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Gmoneycricket

Its Bush's Fault
Is to Reply

That doesn't matter, what matters is who signed the patriot act. One of the most devastating things that has ever happened to our civil liberties in this country.

The current form of the Patriot Act only has 3 provisions of the original left.

Then there's the current push by the GOP to repeal another important part of freedom, the 14th Amendment, which not only gives Americans citizenship at birth but also protects many more important freedoms.

Then there's the whole Anti-freedom of Religion which is rife within the GOP. Basically if you don't believe in Jesus, to the GOP you don't have a religion.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

why would anyone be a republican because we dont want our government telling us what to do:

what to think
what to eat
what to drink

Wasn't this happening when the Republicans had the power?

Both sides tell you what you can and can't do.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

well yeah but but i keep more money with repubs

[edit on 11-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Gmoneycricket

Its Bush's Fault
Is to Reply

That doesn't matter, what matters is who signed the patriot act. One of the most devastating things that has ever happened to our civil liberties in this country.

The current form of the Patriot Act only has 3 provisions of the original left.

Then there's the current push by the GOP to repeal another important part of freedom, the 14th Amendment, which not only gives Americans citizenship at birth but also protects many more important freedoms.

Then there's the whole Anti-freedom of Religion which is rife within the GOP. Basically if you don't believe in Jesus, to the GOP you don't have a religion.

I disagree
It was Lincoln
He freed the Slaves by Enslaving all of America

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
He's kinda right. Doesn't sound racist to me, just more realist.

I can't even spell the R-word or the D-word without getting hives, but iin this case? Do WHATEVER it takes, Mr Reid to beat that lunatic wingnut Sharron Angle in your race. Then we'll deal with you later.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

That's just a mini rant against government in general. Hell don't forget who it was that originally signed into law the Patriot Act.

Dems been running the show since 2006 or so? So what if the Repubs signed in the Patriot Act, the Dems sure aren't in a rush to get rid of it, are they??

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Dems been running the show since 2006 or so? So what if the Repubs signed in the Patriot Act, the Dems sure aren't in a rush to get rid of it, are they??

You know very well that it's extremely difficult for the democrats to do anything in congress right now. The GOP has been on a non stop obstructionist campaign towards ANYTHING the Democrats have wanted to do.

Things like GOP: U.S. can't afford to fund health 'entitlement program' for 9/11 rescue workers

and

Frankins Anti Rape Amendment receives little bi partisan support.

Two other things right off the top of my head that the GOP has fought against. So, you can safely say that the GOP is anti 9/11 first responders, and pro rape.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

It appears both you and Clueless Harry should check your facts, first, then speak.

Deportations during the terms of the past four Presidents

Reagan first 4 years - 4,444,364

Reagan last 4 --------- 5,314,782

Reagan total -----------9,759,146

GHW Bush 4 years --- 5,907,799

Clinton first 4 --------- 5,466,520

Clinton last 4 --------- 6,744,723

Clinton total ----------12,211,243

GW Bush first 4 ------- 4,760,419

GW Bush last 4 ------- 4,249.923

GW Bush total ---------9,010,342

Info extrapolated from DHS Yearbook of Immigration Statistics 2008

So, WUK, I'll give you a minute to get that shoe leather taste out of your mouth.

GW Bush was known to be weak on illegal immigration enforcement, from day one.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by WTFover]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

But don't you know, according to conservatives, Hispanics aren't a race, that's why it's ok to target them in places like Arizona. That's how they can claim that it's not racist to target and pull over Hispanics and check them for their citizenship status.

Again a another weak argument, especially since they can't pull them over to do that. If you were to read the law, only when there is a "lawful stop, detention, or arrest" can the Law Enforcement official, check the immigration status. Your example would not be any of those, but hey, let's not quibble over the ACTUAL LAW, let's take talking points as the law, it's so much eaiser on my head.

The way you talk, it's like it's a Federal Law that aliens should have their registration papers on them at all times.... oh wait, they are supposed to.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by pavil]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join