It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Harry Reid Uses Race To Garner Votes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

So, what you're saying is that the Dems couldn't get anything done because they didn't have the majority and the Repubs blocked everything.

Then, when they do get the majority and control of both House and Senate, they can't get anything done because the Repubs block everything.

To sum it up, the Dems are useless.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
He's kinda right. Doesn't sound racist to me, just more realist.

I can't even spell the R-word or the D-word without getting hives, but iin this case? Do WHATEVER it takes, Mr Reid to beat that lunatic wingnut Sharron Angle in your race. Then we'll deal with you later.

Hypocrisy alert!

Doesn't sound racist to you and whatukno - until a Republican says something (see the latest Glen Beck thread to watch these same guys cry "racism!".

As for your "do whatever it takes" comment, just another example of "the ends justify the means" - taken straight from the democrat manifesto.

Last, we who live in Nevada get to choose who will be senator from here. The rest of you can "kindly" ...

[edit on 8/12/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by whatukno

why would anyone be a republican because we dont want our government telling us what to do:

what to think
what to eat
what to drink
you have too much others dont
etc...................

Nope you want multi-national corporations to do it for you and if that means broken glass and lead in your baby's food, so be it. Free market and all.

On Topic: Reid should just keep his mouth shut and let Angle or Angel just keep talking and talking and talking and talking. I do not see this going over well for him in the long run no matter how true it may be.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Adevoc Satanae]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Man up post ...

Apologies to whatukno for including you in the previous post regarding the Glen Beck thread. When I wrote that, I had only scanned your posts on the last few pages. Re-reading the whole thread, I found your post where you specifically stated that you thought this was NOT a racist statement by Beck.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I don't play the racism game at all. We would all be better served if everyone simply ignored all the idiots who do...one way or another.

I don't play the party game. Or the left-right game. Or any other political game either. No hypocrisy here. My point was to the lesser of two evils if those are our given choices.

Try again.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

I don't play the racism game at all. We would all be better served if everyone simply ignored all the idiots who do...one way or another.

I don't play the party game. Or the left-right game. Or any other political game either. No hypocrisy here. My point was to the lesser of two evils if those are our given choices.

Try again.

No need to try again.

You make my point for me by saying the above and yet posting on just about EVERY political thread there is - and many of the racism threads as well.

Again, if the voters of Nevada want to throw out Reid, that's our prerogative.

Side note. Reid's son Rory is also running for governor in Nevada. Rory apparently understands the political facts of life as his campaign has dropped the use of his last name in all of his campaign ads and literature.

Seems even son Rory doesn't want to be tied in with father Harry because he knows he's a loser.

A clue perhaps????

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Yeah, but WHAT do I post? You're graspiing at straws attempting to label me. Good luck with that. What he said was not that big a deal. NONE of the race discussions are except to those who WANT them to be.

And again, he's the lesser of the evils if the only choice is the two of them. Other than that, carry on getting your panties in a twist.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Hi All,
Sorry I'm late to my own party (thread).

I'm anti racism in any form. I'm anti party as well. I personally don't see much difference between the zookeepers. They both treat us like we are their property to do with as they please. They treat us like they are our caretakers instead of them being our voices.

As far as making comments regarding hispanics and party affiliation Reid stepped over the line. He assumes that all hispanics think alike. I feel that they are entitled to follow their own minds and ideals whatever that may be. He tried to shame Republican hispanics and stroke the egos of Democratic hispanics by appealing to their racial heritage ties to the illegals. Shame on him.

Win an election on your own merits or lose on your own merits ~if~ you have any merits Mr. Reid. Don't contribute to the division by your comments.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join