It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin reaction to her interlocutor being a teacher

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Here's what Sarah Palin has to say about the incident:

The LSM has now decided to use this brief encounter for another one of their spin operations. They claim I – wait for it – “appear to roll my eyes” when the lady tells me she’s a teacher. Yes, it’s come to this: the media is now trying to turn my eyebrow movements into story lines. (Maybe that’s why Botox is all the rage – if you can’t move your eyebrows, your “eye rolling” can’t be misinterpreted!) If they had checked their facts first, they would have known that I come from a family of teachers; my grandparents were teachers, my father was a teacher, my brother is a teacher, my sister works in Special Needs classrooms, my aunt is a school nurse, my mom worked as a school secretary for much of her professional life, we all volunteer in classrooms, etc., etc., etc. Given that family history, how likely is it that I would “roll my eyes” at someone telling me that they too work in that honorable profession? Stay classy, LSM.

The full statement is here: www.facebook.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
She scares me..
People Idolize her.. This scares me the most.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Seventytwo

A year or so back, I was playing online games and saw a woman in the chat saying, "She (Palin) is doing something great for all women. She shows that us mom just need a chance."

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by General.Lee

The clowns on the left made her quit?

How many of these clowns on the left do you think there are? There are probably lots of clowns, left, middle, and right who think she's a joke, a sad representative of women, and a quitter.

Hell she'd probably have a real meltdown and nuke someone should she ever be elected president (shudder) and find herself charicaturized as a monkey or a perfumed pig.

Go git em Grizzly Mama!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Well, well, well.... I just went to the link to watch the video again and it's now audio only.

Interesting.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This is completely non-news. I can't believe people waste their time looking at "the way Palin looks at a woman who claims to be a teacher" or whatever. The video was boring, and wasted my time.

Isn't there REAL news out there? Maybe millions dying in Africa over minerals used in cell-phone? How about millions dying in civil wars? Or Radical Muslims screaming death to freedom? What about the classic chem-trails & aliens? Or even illegal Mexicans getting our daughters hooked on Meth?

Something? Anything?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

It's just staggering that many see her in a serious way

I just can't comprehend whats behind the eyes they see through

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bettermakings
This is completely non-news. I can't believe people waste their time looking at "the way Palin looks at a woman who claims to be a teacher" or whatever. The video was boring, and wasted my time.

Isn't there REAL news out there? Maybe millions dying in Africa over minerals used in cell-phone? How about millions dying in civil wars? Or Radical Muslims screaming death to freedom? What about the classic chem-trails & aliens? Or even illegal Mexicans getting our daughters hooked on Meth?

Something? Anything?

Well hello there. Presidential powers are a pretty awesome tool in solving many of the problems you just listed. Naturally we The People have keen interest in who this powers may be vested currently, or theoretically, or potentially.

May be Palin is the right person to hunt down every illegal Mexican, especially the type that sells Meth. Maybe not. Based on the video, however, she's definitely not the right person to talk to teachers. Speaking of which, don't you agree that education is also a problem in this country?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Even if it were true, don't you realize that you just cemented my argument even further?

NB. There was no left lean in what they discussed, just the fact the Palin betrayed Alaskans and broke the oath she made when elected. It's not left or right, no unions vs non-union labor. It's a statement of the fact, and all Palin could do was to roll her eyes. How very mature! I shudder to think what could have happened if she was elected and started rolling her eyes when speaking to world dignitaries. That's only second to Bush giving massage to Merkel, on camera. They both make Americans look like a bunch of stupid hicks.

What argument did you make exactly? That you found her facial gestures unacceptable? Ummm. Okay.

Keep in mind I despise Palin.

But she is directly conversing with someone with a giant protest sign: a fairly bold move. And though most of her responses are in her typical republo-dingbat style, it was noted several times that the video was edited, and whatever gesture you are judging may have meaning beyond your knee-jerk assumption that whatever it was, it makes Americans look bad.

As I said, I despise Palin. But I'm not going to jump into an assumption about the meaning of a facial gesture in an edited video because of my negative predispositions about Palin. That kind of stuff makes Americans look bad.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
A woman from a woman's band pretending to be a teacher talking to Sarah Palin is what comes off as big news? Somebody need to go to the pet store and get themselves a little friend to occupy their time.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by textex
A woman from a woman's band pretending to be a teacher talking to Sarah Palin is what comes off as big news? Somebody need to go to the pet store and get themselves a little friend to occupy their time.

Why didn't ex Gov. Palin just answer the question. Seems fairly simple.

And somebody needs to read this....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ole #2 is a little hard to swallow around here!

Palin...a perfect example of what American politics has become; Just more bread and circuses.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
oh look, new insults to add to the list. while you're at it, why not add in the antichrist and an alien from planet krypton? the woman isn't even doing anything!!!!!!!!!!!!! what the heck is wrong with this picture?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann
She said she's supporting our military infrastructure so they can keep fighting for our Constitution...?

spreading our military infrastructure so they can continue fighting for our Constitution...unreal.

Sounds quite Fascist to me, agreed?

[edit on 11-8-2010 by favouriteslave]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Could be Sarah Palin was confused why a member of a transvestite heavy metal band was posing as a teacher.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Could be Sarah Palin was confused why a member of a transvestite heavy metal band was posing as a teacher.

But ex Gov. Palin didn't know the woman was a band member or any of her personal history.

It was the question that confused ex Gov. Palin. But to be honest ex Gov. Palin confuses me at times......witchcraft??

www.youtube.com...

I'm not suprised any woman that believes in witchcraft might just be confused about why she cut and run on the citizens of Alaska. It dosen't say much about Palins capacity to process rational thought; now does it??

[edit on 11-8-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Watch how Sarah Palin reacts, when she learns that a dissatisfied citizen with whom she's having an argument is a teacher by profession:

So what?

What's it supposed to mean if she gets a funny look, rolls her eyes or raises her eyebrows?

Let me try to explain:

to me, it looks like she's expressing through her face and body language that her interlocutor is not equipped to form and defend their judgment, based on the interlocutor's occupation as education professional.

Yes thats it. But more and more teachers are becoming little "educators" or should I say parrots polly want a cracker. Teachers really dont have anything more to say than joe blow blowing the party flap pc and the mess. I mean whats a teacher? Here your text book and follow these guildlines for the year.....polly parrot? Oh we should be shaken out of our minds with fear about what they think.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I understand where your view is, but I don't think Palin will be running for president (She might try.). I think it will be Bobby Jindal or Mike Huckabee in 2012, maybe even Ron Paul. If not, there are a few others likely to become candidates before Palin. I consider Palin a celebrity and little more.

Although I could be wrong.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
Teachers really dont have anything more to say than joe blow blowing the party flap pc and the mess.

Puh-leeze. There can be subpar bus drivers, presidents and teachers, of course, but to generalize like that is quite silly.

I mean whats a teacher? Here your text book and follow these guildlines for the year.....polly parrot?

Did you ever have to teach? I did, albeit at the university level. I detect zero understanding of the subject in that paragraph of yours.

Oh we should be shaken out of our minds with fear about what they think.

You should not. Equally, you shouldn't express contempt to people tasked with educating your children and by proxy, to education and knowledge itself, in favor of hunting and fishing skills (and that's what Palin did almost right away).

Education=bad, outdoorsmanship=good. That's the retarded persona of Palin.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by earl call
She wasn't a teacher....

THAT WAS NO TEACHER - gatewaypundit.firstthings.com

gatewaypundit.firstthings.com...

Okay, so she wasn't a teacher...they both are liars and they both suck.

It still doesn't change the reaction that Palin gave when she still thought the woman was a teacher.

Palin constantly shows her true colors, but we still have some idiots in this country that worship her like the 2nd coming of Christ.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

OHHHHH I see.....so not only is Sarah Palin a savior to you, but she can also read minds?

Amazing that she knew this woman was a transvestite heavy metal rocker BEFORE the truth even came out!

SHE WILL LOOK INTO YOUR SOUL

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join