It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin reaction to her interlocutor being a teacher

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Watch how Sarah Palin reacts, when she learns that a dissatisfied citizen with whom she's having an argument is a teacher by profession:

Yahoo link.

Seriously, watch it.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I watched 30 seconds of that video and knew the teacher won. Palin can't go in depth about ANY topic, and whenever she talks about critical issues, she tries to act all cute and friendly but it's just a smoke screen for her lack of understanding and her lack of care for any issue of importance. She just uses standard phrases like "understanding the constitution" and "maintaining military interests."

She IS just a person trying to achieve and maintain celebrity status.

This teacher gets my two thumbs up.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Yeah, you can see her exchanging looks with that kind of "So that's why this lady is criticizing me" reaction.
It doesn't surprise me that she reacts poorly to teachers though. It's obvious that she never paid attention to any of HER teachers.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Great example of why we spend $25000 per student per year and get kids who know abosutely nothing. The only thing the teachers seem to know is that they need more money, less accountablility,ridiculous pensions and fire proofing. Brilliant.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Palin comes off as a chirpy, psuedo-stepford wife, type with that fake smile and fake positive attitude. The teacher comes off calm and aware and with concern that those she elected to govern on her behalf, have failed.

Interesting.

ETA:
The teacher is not a real teacher, apparently.
Bold lie, both suck...

[edit on 10-8-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
She wasn't a teacher....

THAT WAS NO TEACHER - gatewaypundit.firstthings.com

gatewaypundit.firstthings.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
She said she's supporting our military infrastructure so they can keep fighting for our Constitution...?

No one should really wonder where this zionist is getting her support.

I am so sorry for the way the religious groups in America were hoodwinked by israel to defend their atrocities, and ours. I don't support israel in any way or form, but I don't expect to be excluded from paradise on that account.

She hasn't changed at all, except that she has been given speech therapy. Looks like she's just a wild card out there, filling any hole that springs up in the dike. One day she ruins the tea party, next, a conservative candidate is in her sights.

spreading our military infrastructure so they can continue fighting for our Constitution...unreal.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by earl call
She wasn't a teacher....

THAT WAS NO TEACHER - gatewaypundit.firstthings.com

gatewaypundit.firstthings.com...

Does this change anything?

Did Palin know this while talking to this lady?

The lady made a really great point...Palin swore on a bible to server Alaska...and she quit the first chance she saw a chance to make some money. I guess swearing on the bible doesn't mean anything to Palin.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I am absolutely embarrassed to be an American with people like Sarah Palin thinking that acting like a glib cheerleader and rehashing the same old talking points that she has poorly memorized, is somehow representative of what we want in our leaders.

She is an absolute bafoon, why does anyone listen to her? she says absolutely nothing. She makes my blood boil with her stupidity.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Shadowfoot]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Hmm, sorry...why do we still care about Palin?

the ladys a twit with no substance beyond the most basic talking points.

What she can hope for best is to take Steel's position one day as GOP figurehead due to her silly sway she has over the far right...but she will never be a president...just wont happen...she alienates almost all independent voters.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
here we go again. wake me up when we finally have a female politician that people actually like for a change.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Is the video gone or is it me? Palin's response was there though...

Palin argues that critics in the "LSM" (lame-stream media) have blown her reaction out of proportion:

"The LSM has now decided to use this brief encounter for another one of their spin operations. They claim I — wait for it — 'appear to roll my eyes' when the lady tells me she's a teacher. Yes, it's come to this: the media is now trying to turn my eyebrow movements into story lines. (Maybe that's why Botox is all the rage — if you can't move your eyebrows, your 'eye rolling' can't be misinterpreted!)"

Anyone notice that there aren't a lot of videos of her in general? Or is that just me too?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Well I'll tell you as someone in the media I personally would not make a big story out of this, it was well within the realm of how most politicians react to detractors.

That said I have heard rumors for some time now that former Governor Palin has no love for the educated American. From what I have heard, never having the "pleasure" of interviewing Palin myself, she seems to believe that idiocy and emotional responses are actually strengths of the Republican party.

Contrast this with say Senator Barry Goldwater who campaigned on a very strong platform of rationalism and his own deep-seeded beliefs of right and wrong and you see today how far some Republicans have strayed from their conservative roots.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

She was running from ethics violations, and when she saw a chance to make big big bank, she simply added a few years to her nouveau riche status, by quitting. This way she'd have the means to skip entirely any charges that would come up, as, being rich, and powerful, and out of office, meant less likelihood of any trouble.

That's the model from her personal perspective.

Looked at in another way, she was plucked from the start as a working zionist tool. I don't need to phrase this in a delicate, or timid way. She has stated explicitly several times where she is coming from via israel and war, war and israel. Besides, she's jewish. Is there anything more useful to a zionist regime than a comic book Christian?

There is not anything more useful than that. This is what frightens the bejesus out of me.

She recognizes that she has this power, which those who run the show are only half aware of; she is flush with cash, and translates it to mean that she can, yes, run with it.

She will make it look like her own. She has that *something* which *something* film makers need which makes her sparkle, acting flawlessly, because she IS THE THING she is professing, and has linked it to her new self. The money~we were eatin' moose meat and havin to hide our construction costs from the taxpayers before this.... The glory: God is behind me. The power: I actually have it!!!

God wouldn't have given me this 'power' if God hadn't wanted *me* to have it.

Her act is so convincing that it will enable widespread war mongering, because she makes it seem downright homey. You add all the parts in the verbal equation as to what makes her tick and you might see my point. If she can get away with 'isreal should not be questioned ever about anything' on telescreen interviews, then there's nothing she cannot sell.

Her voice hurts my ears, a lot. The words are even worse. The voice has some catching up to do before they are a dead heat in the pain and woe department. I don't like palin. I'm conservative.

At the moment, she is being handed powerful sound bite scripts to read. She is taking speech therapy (I noticed this after her VP bid). Something is dirty about her. I need to rinse my hands and face off.

Who do you want leading us in to war? Gramps, or Bambi? Lookin' good repubs. Sporting the very best of conservative ideals there.... oh boy.

Note to above post re Goldwater: it is said that Goldwater was referring to the Republic as a 'democracy' (I think in the early 60's), same as was William F. Buckley.

Surely these men knew the classical view of that failed experiment in mob rule. It was a hint of where the future was trending. They knew to stay silent about it else lose credibility.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by davidmann]

[edit on 10-8-2010 by davidmann]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrogolf

Great example of why we spend $25000 per student per year and get kids who know abosutely nothing.

Your mileage may indeed vary. And regardless of teachers, there will always be folks like Palin, education- and reason-proof.

And... I don't see any logic in your assertion.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Watch how Sarah Palin reacts, when she learns that a dissatisfied citizen with whom she's having an argument is a teacher by profession:

So what?

What's it supposed to mean if she gets a funny look, rolls her eyes or raises her eyebrows?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrogolf

Great example of why we spend $25000 per student per year and get kids who know abosutely nothing. The only thing the teachers seem to know is that they need more money, less accountablility,ridiculous pensions and fire proofing. Brilliant.

Wow!

What a uninformed post.

The biggest problems in education:

1. Unfunded mandates and all that implies - bigger classes, no teacher aids/support to help students, no money for old buildings, etc.

2. Students/parents that don't care - no motivation, no discipline = major problems in our schools.

3. Lack of support from community, parents, administrators. Just look at the post I quoted.

4. The Palins of the world that are on a different pay-scale than everyone else. They can afford private schools.

CU

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
here we go again. wake me up when we finally have a female politician that people actually like for a change.

Iran had Benazir Bhutto...unfortunately she met an early demise. I would be honored if we had someone of her caliber here in the States. Sarah Palin will never reach the kind of notoriety, nor any politician here in the States. I can only hope that we have politicians worthy of assassination either now in the future. That means they were ACTUALLY doing something, and were a threat to those who do not want change for the better. Granted, I never want to see another person of that caliber assassinated. Good people should never go out like that before they have a chance to progress a society.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It doesn't take a genius to know that Palin is Narcisstic to th max - so tired of hearing of her already. The vid doesn't seem to work now, I saw it quickly on CNN yesterday. Not at all surprised by her response.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by buddhasystem

So what?

What's it supposed to mean if she gets a funny look, rolls her eyes or raises her eyebrows?

Let me try to explain:

to me, it looks like she's expressing through her face and body language that her interlocutor is not equipped to form and defend their judgment, based on the interlocutor's occupation as education professional.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join