It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin reaction to her interlocutor being a teacher

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Palin argues that critics in the "LSM" (lame-stream media) have blown her reaction out of proportion

Does anyone else find a grown women using terms like the "lame-stream media" a little immature and pathetic?

Does she think she is Hannah Montana?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Okay...I managed to watch it but something's flaky with the video. They're probably going to try to get it taken down. I'm sure enough people have saved it already.

My take is that Palin is condescending as hell. She was talking to the woman as if the woman was a 3 year old. Made ME roll my eyes.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
ALSO NOTICE, that the VIDEO has been.....................wait for it...............wait for it........................wait for it.................wait for it...................................

EDITED.

Oh well, I wish I was Palin's little birdy talking in her ear, some of the things coming out of her mouth would make the communists scream for her head.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Palin argues that critics in the "LSM" (lame-stream media) have blown her reaction out of proportion

Does anyone else find a grown women using terms like the "lame-stream media" a little immature and pathetic?

Does she think she is Hannah Montana?

This was probably a calculated move on her part, both to defuse the situation a bit and to play up her "cool mom" image that she has built. Palin banks upon being the mom-next-door for much of her political backing and this is exactly the kind of thing a middle aged suburbanite trying to be cool would say.

I have always contended that Palin herself is not as much of an idiot as she has been painted to be, but is instead a shrewd politician who knows exactly what her base is looking for. She may not have a head for figures and events (which in my opinion is one of many reasons she makes a horrible elected official) but she can read her base very well and appeal to them.

It may be very juvenile of her to say such things, and as someone in the media I did roll my eyes when I read it, but you have to remember who the intended audience is.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by earl call

This is a joke right? That person in drag on the site you posted is obviously not the same person in the op video. You either didn't watch the originally posted video and grabbed some pic from some right winger site that is trying to twist this all around, or your a right winger who is purposefully trying to twist this all around and post thing that are not true. Either way, tisk tisk....

[edit on 8/10/2010 by FoJAk]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Let me try to explain:

to me, it looks like she's expressing through her face and body language that her interlocutor is not equipped to form and defend their judgment, based on the interlocutor's occupation as education professional.

Sure. It could be. It could also mean that she thought she may have been a union member, someone notoriously left leaning in politics and thereby explaining the teacher's huge protest sign. It could also be something totally non-related, perhaps relating to some personal conversation between the family about teachers. The thing is, we don't know what it's supposed to mean.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

read the rest of the thread. if you roll your eyes or raise your eyebrows, you are an ignorant hick woman from no man's land, who hates teachers and educated americans, who is a floozy, hussy, red haired bobble headed beauty queen with a fake plastic smile and a silly personality! it means you're a ho, a slut, and a whole long list of insults directly geared for the female of the species in particular. it means you can blame everything you ever hated about your mom, sister aunt grandma ex-wife etc, on some lady who only has to appear on the camera to get people fuming mad.

it also means that you're a horrible mom, who should just stay home with the kids because that's where women belong anyway, doncha know? GOT KIDS? stay home.

this is why we have never had a female president. they are such soft targets.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Hmmmm, just wondering if ANYONE else noticed the video was edited?

You know, ala couriced.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

read the rest of the thread. if you roll your eyes or raise your eyebrows, you are an ignorant hick woman from no man's land, who hates teachers and educated americans, who is a floozy, hussy, red haired bobble headed beauty queen with a fake plastic smile and a silly personality! it means you're a ho, a slut, and a whole long list of insults directly geared for the female of the species in particular. it means you can blame everything you ever hated about your mom, sister aunt grandma ex-wife etc, on some lady who only has to appear on the camera to get people fuming mad.

it also means that you're a horrible mom, who should just stay home with the kids because that's where women belong anyway, doncha know? GOT KIDS? stay home.

Care to cite where such things were said in those words? I haven't seen such in this thread. Why are you taking the views regarding one candidate and applying them to all women?

Personally, if you think I'm hard on Palin, you should see what I'd be writing about Karl Rove or Vice-President Dick Cheney if this thread was about them!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

What I saw was (imagine it in a chirpy voice) "oh wow, a teacher. I better be real careful here not to say the wrong thing because she might make me look bad, and because teachers are a strong voting group."

It looked more like a "oh hey I better watch it" look to me than a look of disdain. Not to defend her in anyway. I dont much like Caribou Barbie either.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Whether you like Sarah or not is not important, but lets work with the facts. She resigned because she was bombarded with baseless lawsuits as soon as the election was over. The clowns on the left wouldn't leave her alone and she was unable to perform her job as expected. If you argue this fact, you are a moron. Do some research.

Being a public official, the left was going to antagonize her until her term was up. Her other option was to see the term through and not run again. That wasn't an option because that would have made her a lame duck and she didn't want to be a "seat warmer" at the expense of the citizens. So, she did the next logical thing, resign so they could appoint somebody who was less of an @sshole magnet.

Again, you don't have to like her, but quit with the holier than thou, "she swore on the bible" crap. Yea, she swore on the bible to do the job to the best of her ability and when she could no longer do that she was big enough to admit it and step aside. Had she not done that, the SAME people would be slamming her for NOT resigning

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Let me try to explain:

to me, it looks like she's expressing through her face and body language that her interlocutor is not equipped to form and defend their judgment, based on the interlocutor's occupation as education professional.

Sure. It could be. It could also mean that she thought she may have been a union member, someone notoriously left leaning in politics and thereby explaining the teacher's huge protest sign.

Even if it were true, don't you realize that you just cemented my argument even further?

NB. There was no left lean in what they discussed, just the fact the Palin betrayed Alaskans and broke the oath she made when elected. It's not left or right, no unions vs non-union labor. It's a statement of the fact, and all Palin could do was to roll her eyes. How very mature! I shudder to think what could have happened if she was elected and started rolling her eyes when speaking to world dignitaries. That's only second to Bush giving massage to Merkel, on camera. They both make Americans look like a bunch of stupid hicks.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Ex Gov. Palin has now become a commercial entity. To sell books that she has others ghost write for her, TV personality, Speeches and public appearances to fools that pay big bucks to hear her,
and a spokesperson for a conservative demographic that has found a moronic hero they can identify with and intern contribute to her PAC.

Pretty smart entrepreneurship on the part of the people that script, promote and capitalize on Palin. She isn't a Rogue; she is marketable product and...

Sarah Palin is marketed the same way Hanna Montana, Zac Efron and others idols are marketed except to a different set of gullible fans and admirers.

Eventually she will lose her appeal and be thrown under the bus. Until then I find her buffoonery quite entertaining; just like it's designed to.
Conservative politics is her stage just like music and film is to Hanna and Zac.

At one time I didn't think Palin could be elected but seeing the gullibility of the American electorate.....I'm not so sure. Unless she does something stupid.....

Marketing in the Media 101

[edit on 10-8-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

I am not sure what you are trying to say here.

The reason Palin will not be President, (I hope) is not because she is a female, but because she isnt qualified in any way. I dont want a female president. I want a GOOD president, and if that best candidate happens to be female, wonderful. But I would never vote for a female just because of her gender.

I do agree with you that female politicians in general have it harder because of the sexist remarks. Obama didnt have to put up with nearly as much racism during the campaign as Hilary did sexism. But unless and until women stop playing to those sexist stereotypes it will not stop.

For instance all the hair and clothes bull#. If I were running for President, (which I never will, just a theoretical) I would buy a few dark colored suits and I would wear them for the entire campaign. If asked about fashion I would just ask them if they thought this was an interview with "Vanity Fair" and explain as if I were talking to a slow child that I was a presidential candidate. You cant expect to escape all the clothes/shoes talk if you are playing the clothes game. You cant both dress like a peacock and then complain because people are focusing on your fashion sense. Its inconsistent.

The simple fact is that we have not yet had the right female candidate for President. Hilary made her own bed, by selling herself short initially by throwing herself into the "power behind the throne" role with Bill. On her own, she probably could have. She still may, though I would not vote for her, I do not like her agenda.

Palin totally plays the "oh gee, Im just a hockey mom, pitbull with lipstick look at my dress and gun" role, and she deserves little pity for the sexist crap she gets. You cant have it both ways. If you make your gender a big part of your public persona, it can be attacked.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

That makes her a perfect candidate for the job - doesn't go into anything in depth, and throws around empty phrases which are designed to give the impression of having some meaning, when in fact they don't.

This woman gives me the creeps.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Anyone who disagrees with Palin is automatically going to be a "left wing looney" to people like that blogger. I am pretty right wing myself and I HATE Sara Palin. She is so dumb that she could go on Jeopardy against a high school drop out and lose. She sure knows how to play the system and take advantage of favors from political friends though. Politics as usual.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Third time folks.

Has ANYONE else noticed that the VIDEO HAS BEEN EDITED?

Not one person yet has answered my question.

How bout getting to the bottom of something instead of pontificating your beliefs.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The "LSM"?
How old is she, 12?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by General.Lee

I agree that she knew she was not going to be able to perform the job without serious ethics violations on her part. She knew she would be investigated for those violations so she chose to become a celebrity to salvage her life. She put on her celebrity life preserver and bailed out of her failed attempt at governing Alaska. She should get along well with the dirty Chicago political crowd.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

A couple of points to clarify. It appears that Kathleen Gustafson is more than what the media – or she – tried to portray. Secondly a “Theater Tech” can very well be a teacher

macsmind.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join