It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun is Undergoing a State Change --- And That May be Very Bad News

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
The Sun is Undergoing a State Change --- And That May be Very Bad News

great. so, .... is the sun going through puberty? (i thought)

God knows we have plenty of pending catastrophe threads here on ATS. Between imminent WWIII, super volcanos, 2012, global warming, Nibiru, etc. seem like there's no shortage of things to fret over.

mark WWIII off the list. it is called the global war on terror.
so, we are nine years into WWIII, don't wait for the history books or the main stream news to catch up, obviously they aren't paying attention, or we are under marshal law. (they don't have to tell us when we are under marshal law. hell, they don't even have to tell us when WWIII started)

But what if the biggest threat, the most legitimate peril is right in front of us but we've become so embroiled in these other discussions that we're essentially missing the boat?

i'll keep my eyes peeled.

thanks,
et

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Aristophrenia

Not really. You're suggesting that scientists, in DROVES, are suppressing knowledge of our imminent extinction (because it's too sad, no less).
Makes about as perfect sense to me as the "scientists made up dinosaur fossils" religious argument.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Gee wilikers, who would have guessed their was a direct corrolation
between Increased Taxes and Solar Activity.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
This is a very informative thread OP
, S&F
. It appears all topics are being covered and examined, even the way the Sun star effects the Earth argument has been discussed. Good job

[edit on 8/11/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The sun is NOT the same as it was when I was very young. It's blindingly white and most people think it's normal. Also, there's usually a mist or haze in the upper atmosphere. It's rare to see clear skies and I don't think the cause it pollution.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Thanks for the link and this thread.

reposted here
paradigmsanddemographics.blogspot.com...

I enjoyed reading the article pointing out a direct correlation between global temperatures here on the Earth with the amount of solar activity.

Other favorite parts included the discussion on repeating historical patterns indicating we could be in store for one of the biggest solar storms ever which would have dire consequences for our modern society that uses electrical power and electric appliances. I do not like thinking about the possibility of our power being out for months or years which is probably why most people would rather discuss mundane topics like celebrity gossip. Sometimes we need to think about it though.

The possibility we are going to enter a very cold period lasting decades with the possibility of crop failures, famines and freezing temperatures far south seems to have escaped politicians I do believe. However like the democrats currently in office, the start of this cold period may be delayed until after 2012 since the sun is getting active now. While I do enjoy cooler temperatures, I do not like to think about the possibility of what would happen if a late freeze kills crops across the nation if it came as late as May or June and then winter came early and this pattern was repeated around the world. If anyone gets a chance to talk to a local politician that wants to support cap and trade, please refer them to the article.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports
To the op - don't worry when the end of the world comes and your hiding under your bed - that sound outside will be me laughing as I charge through your neighborhood in a monster truck drunk off my ass with 12 strippers in the back.

Nothing left to do but enjoy it.

Wishful thinking at its finest! That scenario (the 12 strippers, not the drunk truxk driver part) only exists in your overworked male fantasy delusions.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

I've been taking picture everyday of the sun for the last month.

SOMEONE does pay attention.

i'll upload them tomorrow.

maybe, you guys dont seem to appreshaite good work

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
the hydrogene levels in the sun may be low so now she is burning on heavier fuel...increasing heat........

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Well those folks in the big cities will just have to get used to eating that "other white meat"

Out where I am, there's plenty of fresh water, plant life, game and resources. While they're all munchin on grammas remains, I'll be happily feasting on fresh Venison, Roo, Wambat, fish, edible native flora, Nextdoors vegi patch, my sheep, my horses, fresh honey, etc......

These folks want some of what I got out here, they gotto come and take it if they can. And they will prolly try. Question is, if they succeed, and remove us folks and take what we have, will they know how to go get more when it's all gone....lol Prolly not.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
Please read this thread ?

It reveals climate warming on other solar system inhabitants and that the solar system will very soon or maybe even is travelijng through a hot gas cloud.

Climate Change Occurring in Every Planet in Solar System

A thread I've made on the dust cloud. : Could the galactic dust cloud be the same as the Photon belt ? (True science meets fringe theories )

yep, I agree

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e411780de499.jpg[/atsimg]

this image from your thread nicely depicts the situation

my theory is that the Sun and the planets are probably influenced by the strong magnetic field and high temperature of the cloud (NASA call it Local Fluff)

[edit on 11-8-2010 by donhuangenaro]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
We are being tortured with fear, we are being sold out of fear. In 30-40 years we will still be on the Earth. We could have been hit with the worst solar storms, comets, and super volcanoes and still survive. If we did it in the past with less knowledge and technology, we could endure the future.

Very positive outlook on our future - I like it

If more people would think like you did (as I try to do as well) we'd have much more peaceful living experience while we are alive.

Too bad the media fear mongers everyone.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

The link is fearmongering junk science from someone with an agenda.

Forget it and sleep well tonight. Nothing untoward is happening to the Sun.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnkiCarbone

Not really. You're suggesting that scientists, in DROVES, are suppressing knowledge of our imminent extinction (because it's too sad, no less).
Makes about as perfect sense to me as the "scientists made up dinosaur fossils" religious argument.

Why don't you read my posts instead of simply being antagonistic - I was categorical about the fact that many scientists are saying exactly that we are facing imminent extinction - straight out. There are many more who are quietly agreeing with it but not stating it so pointedly - this is not hard to understand, surreptitious or deceptive.

Please try and make remarks that are pertinent and consider the comments you are addressing.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
God knows we have plenty of pending catastrophe threads here on ATS. Between imminent WWIII, super volcanos, 2012, global warming, Nibiru, etc. seem like there's no shortage of things to fret over. But what if the biggest threat, the most legitimate peril is right in front of us but we've become so embroiled in these other discussions that we're essentially missing the boat?

Sun watchers know that we seem to be emerging from an extended and particularly quiet Solar Minimum with over 800 spotless days. Just recently the sun has started Solar cycle 24. There is a direct correlation between sunspot activity and global climate and we may have a problem on our hands.

See here.

Take your time reading the article. Lots of data, lots of citations.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by jtma508]

[em]"Our Milky Way galaxy is awash with cosmic rays. These are high speed charged particles that originate from exploding stars."[/em]

An extremely simplistic description, as is the entire article. The good physicist doesn't seem to understand physics very well.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Onboard2
The sun is NOT the same as it was when I was very young. It's blindingly white and most people think it's normal. Also, there's usually a mist or haze in the upper atmosphere. It's rare to see clear skies and I don't think the cause it pollution.

ive been thinking the same for a long time now

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
NO IT'S NOT, PHAGE SAID IT WASN'T! AND I'D TRUST AN ANONYMOUS GUY ON THE INTERWEBS BEFORE I TRUST ANYTHING ELSE!!!!!11

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Got news for you.

If old Sol burps a little too much, you, I and every living thing on this planet will be toast.

Stars are awesome and powerful.

Just a little burp and earth would be reduced to a burnt rock in space.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

In case you missed it, here is the research and methodology to recreate the SSN information going back to the Halocene era. It was listed in the author's citations.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bjsmi2

I don't care that much anymore for life as we know it.

I didn't grow up with cell phones or digital anything. If you wanted money from your account, you went to the bank and talked to a teller.
If you wanted your watch or alarm clock to run, you had to wind them up.

If you wanted to talk to someone who was not within hollering distance, you had to get on the party line, or write them a letter.

Facebook? Best thing that could happen would be a MASSIVE solar flare.

I am not keeping my hopes up, because it probably will not happen.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join