It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hearing voices/TV is on in another room, even though no one is home?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
So ever since I can remember I have heard what sounds to be a TV or people talking in another room even though no one else is home. If I walk to where it sounds like it is coming it goes away. It used to happen more frequently than it does now.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm thinking it could be brain tricks of turning white noise into something audible?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

Is it often really quiet when this occurs? I have had instances where I thought I heard people walking, and perhaps hearing conversation way off in the distance, but not often enough that it got me thinking about it.

Do you have a tape recorder? I would start there.

I doubt any of this is help, but good luck and enjoy.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I have experienced this too. Although I am pretty sure my cat can't talk (
), I could swear I hear a murmured conversation coming from another room, or the floor squeaking.
It happens often enough that it has made me wonder if my mind is creating a background noise, or something...it usually happens when it's fairly "quiet".

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Do you get headaches or panic attacks?? or any form of paranoia? or bad nightmares at night?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I've heard these voices before and then other things started to happen. Is anyone you know into witch craft?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I have heard music before, usually the audio quality is as good as a CD.

Maybe the mind is capable of picking up radio waves.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I had something somewhat similar happen a couple of times: while laying in bed before going to sleep i could swear i heard voices--a conversation--that seemed to be coming from the radio. It sounded like the radio was tuned to talk radio, and the voices were very faint. I could not make out individual words, but i could hear (what i perceived as ) syllabic human speech. Of course, the radio was not turned on (i checked several times) and i was not asleep, i was alone, there was nowhere from where it could have come.

My first thought was some "thing" was speaking through the radio--or using the radio as means by which to communicate telepathically with me. But since i am a skeptic, i attribute it to the the brain manipulating and/or interpreting random sounds into human speech. We tend to find familiar patterns and meanings in things we can't readily understand, or interpret such things in a way that makes sense to us. Now that i think about it, i think i have also heard music in a similar context (radio) when it was not on.

Then again, it could have been voices in my head.

It only happened twice, so, even though i found it interesting, i don't put much stock in it being too significant.

[edit to add]

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Liquesence]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I suspect you just have very sensitive hearing. Or perhaps not sensitive enough... Bare with me.

I read a book recently called 'Paranoia the 21st Century Fear' in this book I came across a section referring to a study where patients experiencing paranoia were offered to have their ears syringed.

After the procedure a large portion of the patients reported to have decreased feeling of anxiety in public and as a result reduced levels of paranoia. As the patients had improved their quality of hearing they could then make out conversations and noises in the vicinity allowing them to interpret their innocuous nature.

Apart from that I would say get one of these gadgets, relatively cheap and effective even for just watching the TV low volume at night.

cgi.ebay.co.uk...

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Just to add a scenario. Some people like to goof around with acoustics. If you've ever been to an amphitheater, it's a lot like that.

The sound waves can be manipulated via electronics, or sound wells, so that it appears to originate elsewhere. Much like a ventriliquist does for their act.

We had some in my area doing this, but others located them (as they seemed agitated by it) and they were routed to another location.

I'm not disregarding other explanations, but this one is one I've seen practiced myself.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
So ever since I can remember I have heard what sounds to be a TV or people talking in another room even though no one else is home. If I walk to where it sounds like it is coming it goes away. It used to happen more frequently than it does now.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm thinking it could be brain tricks of turning white noise into something audible?

I've been able to hear radios (or tvs or whatever) that weren't there faintly when things were quiet. I have a theory about that. Perhaps all the metal in your walls (metal pipes and wires and such) act as a large, low powered receiving antenna, and the box nature of walling acts as an amplifier, thus creating extremely low audio when configured in the right way. (I've noticed that it only happens in particular rooms in particular places I've lived in, not all of them).

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

I agree. It could be pareidolia. I get this quite often, especially when in a state of relaxation or exhaustion. To date, I've been told to 'go see to the berries' by my dripping shower, my frying pan clanged something I will not repeat here and my cat stared at me and said something in a perfect Korean accent. In all three cases, I could make connections to a previous event; for example, before my cat addressed me in a language I don't speak (and neither does he, to the best of my knowledge), I had watched a Korean movie.
Nothing to worry about, really.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Just as the mind tries to make facial forms from chaos (ie. the face on Mars), it also tries to make sense of noises. I have this happen to me everyday in the shower. I would swear music is playing somewhere in the house, even though there was only exterior noises like lawn mowing or a TV on a non-musical show. It's why you can never pick out a word, or a song....it's not real, it's just your mind trying to assemble things into a known pattern. With vision, it's called matrixing.

For several years, I would hear the phone ring everytime I was in the shower. I figured audio matrixing, then stepped out of the shower to grab a bar of soap and realized it was a real noise. I went to investigate, wrapped only in a towel, grabbed the now silent phone and checked caller ID. Nothing. Went back to the shower past my non-talking cockatiel, who wolf-whistled (a known trick), laughed (unknown talent), then mimicked the phone, perfectly, also an unknown talent. He only did it when I was in the shower alone, never my husband.
By all means, investigate the noises you hear. But expect the mundane.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I'm not saying it was anything paranormal. I attributed it to matrixing in my OP. I just wanted to see if anyone else experienced this. It always happened when it is silent.

No, I'm not crazy nor involved in witchcraft.

[edit on 8/9/2010 by mnmcandiez]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Yes, this happens to me quite a bit as I relax to go to sleep. It sounds like the tv is on with background music and everything. The last place I lived was a farm, not a lot of ambient machinery type noise at night, just quiet. I would even get up and go into the room with the tv just to be sure.

It sounds like people laughing, talking, and "going to commercial," lol.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
It can be the result of occult activity in your area.

About 18 years ago, on two separate occassions I woke up about 2 am from what I thought was a blasting stereo in the livingroom. My husband was sound asleep, his kids were in their rooms sound asleep, nothing was on, but I could hear it so loudly playing throughout my house from the inside. some type of weird acid rock. I like rock, but this was different. After maybe 10 minutes or so, it went away and everything went silent.

Someone told me that it was occult activity in the area and some type of ritual done to wake up and distract believers from their sleep.

Also, my mother lived in a rural area for about 6 years. She said at night after getting into bed, she could hear voices in her livingroom, like full on conversations with several people. A friend of hers spent the night and said they heard the same thing, and it spooked them pretty bad. I never heard anything there, but then again when I would visit my siblings would usually arrange to be there at the same time, and make an event out of it.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
The government now has the technology to do all kinds of things including beeming voices into ones head do a google on direct energy weapons or electronic torture they use low frequencies to do this and now there working on satellite technology to do much the same the military has even filed patents on this weaponry, state representative Jim Guest has even spoke out againts this type of technology and its uses, so maybe that's what you heard......just a thought.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by King Seesar]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Think other dimension/parallel world.

Possible, sometimes they overlap, intersect or you tune into more than our 3d frequency?

Or you're metal filings are picking up something in the airwaves.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
My mother- in- law and I have had this for ages. I know I have tinnitus. She has vertigo and inner ear issues so I'm guessing these issues play into it somehow. I never figured it to be paranormal, just physiological, because my mother-in-law has never had anything of a paranormal nature to report. This is about as weird as it gets for her. We both used to get up to see if someone left the tv on. It's something that happens only once in a while for both of us now. I used to experience it more up until a couple of years ago. I'm the most athletic now than I've been since my teens. I also eat much more carefully, avoiding junk and processed food, but I don't know if that has anything to do with hearing this odd noise less.

The other odd sound phenomena I've experienced was a deep hum as described in another thread on ATS, and on occasion hearing a rough voice say my name or shout my name in my ear as I'm going to sleep.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I've heard it every single place I've lived. And I've lived in 3 houses so far.

It happens whether it is night or daytime as well.
I really doubt it has anything to do with occults or things like that.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The only thing I thought of that wasn't discussed was aural hallucinations. It's mostly only some brain chemicals out of balance, hearing voices and sounds that are not there. If it bothers you or interferes with your daily functions, I would suggest seeing a medical professional.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join