It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hearing voices/TV is on in another room, even though no one is home?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure it isn't schizophrenia or another mental disorder because it doesn't affect my life. I can never make out what the "words" are saying anyways.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

oh i'm so glad i'm not the only one! recently i'd hear sound like tv being loud talking no tv on, i would also hear people talking to each other and i can never hear what they saying either. thank god im not a lone i just don't know how to get rid of it, it freaks me out. especially when im by myself. im wondering if u can hear neighbors arguing even through house walls? any1 know if so maybe it it

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

Ok,i got the same thing. After having it for awhile it became clearer and i realised it was people i knows thoughts.
So,i thought how is this happening? Schizophrenia? so i tested it out,had someone wright stuff down on paper,i went into another room,came back and told them what they wrote. So that proved it wasnt my mind talking to my mind (schizophrenia). I realy think about how it works all the time and i notice i have best results when i do not take part in human pleasures like television or computer. It also works best when im home alone,and the noise of the fish tank filter helps to bring thoughts into my mind,the television,not up highest and in the other room also helps.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by spokthunder

Wait what does telepathy have to do with hearing things?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
You watch a lot of TV?

This used to happen to me with video games and my cell phone after heavy gaming or listening to my ringtone all day.

edit: you say you can predict peoples thoughts? was your, test subject a good friend or family member or just someone you have known for a looong time? I say this because I can predict what my room mate will say or do pretty easily because I have known him for over 10 years and we've been predicting what we're gonna say for a long time now for fun.

try it with a stranger you've never met before. why would you only be able to hear peoples thoughts if you knew them.

edit on 31-12-2010 by christoph because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2010 by christoph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I too often 'hear' a television when I lie down to go to sleep. Even though I know (and have often double checked) no televisions in the house are on. It usually sounds as if it's one of the tvs in another room and the volume has been turned down... generally I hear enough to tell it's people talkin or music playing, but never loud enough to actually make any sense of it.

I always put it down to my mind 'inventing' sound for me to hear because there was currently no stimulus, just like you can supposedly make yourself hallucinate with ping pong balls over your eyes.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I've had the same experience, it is like a lot of people talking faint and fast or a radio broadcaster. My sister says she has too. I noticed it a lot when I have my fan on in another adjoining room. When I walk into the room the talking stops. It happened more often when I was younger.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
When I was in High School I would hear the same thing, It sounded like a man and woman talking and I couldn't hear them but I could feel the vibrations if that makes any sense. It was always about 11 or 12 at night, and the TV was on as my dad would watch it, but the sound definately did not come from the TV. I haven't heard the noise though since then, so not sure what it was.

I also wanted to add, that my mom heard the same thing except she was actually in that room and she freaked out, she said the talking was coming from the closet, She blamed the TV but her and my dad I don't think they believe in ghosts and are in denial that we have/had one.
edit on 23-1-2013 by sandman441 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I have often heard what sounds like really old style music, the radio or TV but last night it was clear as could be people talking. I was in my sons room and he heard them to, it kept cutting in and out but was loud as if they were in the room above us as it was slightly muffled. Clear enough to make out that is sounded just like a man talking but not clear enough to make out what he was saying. It sounded like someone having a conversation with themselves. No idea as to what to tell my son it was without scaring him when he could clearly hear it, I told him it was coming from the neighbours garage.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

tornheat
I have often heard what sounds like really old style music, the radio or TV but last night it was clear as could be people talking. I was in my sons room and he heard them to, it kept cutting in and out but was loud as if they were in the room above us as it was slightly muffled. Clear enough to make out that is sounded just like a man talking but not clear enough to make out what he was saying. It sounded like someone having a conversation with themselves. No idea as to what to tell my son it was without scaring him when he could clearly hear it, I told him it was coming from the neighbours garage.

It could be a number of things to be honest, i speculated technology earlier in the thread but it also could be psychic vampires some type of ritualistic magick spell cast upon you or if you want to look at it from a positive aspect angles or good magick cast on you heck even some psychic vampires can be good just trust there's no reason to panic...

Try using perception with the delta alpha and beta waves of your brain to make it something positive, start there....

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I see the motto of this website is 'deny ignorance,' but just about all of you need to consider a serious mental disorder such as schizophrenia or depression with psychosis. I can't believe all of the ignorance I'm hearing...VAMPIRES?? SUPER-SONIC HEARING??? Oh dear God, you can't be frickin serious...I'm scared for all of you!!!

PLEASE see a medical professional before these voices tell you to hurt yourself or someone else, dear GOD.

I can't believe so many people wrote these ridiculous answers. It is frightening and just goes to show how very little awareness there still is about mental illnesses and disorders.

This is ignorance at its' finest.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
No i have done more research on all of this, what people are hearing my guess is forms of mind control placed on them, mind control is simple you just slip in a trigger word on the person without the mind realizing it to shock the persons system and you can make someone think anything, call it hypnosis if you will, the mind begins to manifest strange stuff after that...

The application of trigger words to the mind can be used for mind control or hypnosis then the mind takes it where ever or is directed by someone a little bit of both...

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: mnmcandiez
So ever since I can remember I have heard what sounds to be a TV or people talking in another room even though no one else is home. If I walk to where it sounds like it is coming it goes away. It used to happen more frequently than it does now.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm thinking it could be brain tricks of turning white noise into something audible?

Fire up some music, it will go away.

Happens to me often times. But in my case, it's like someone whispering next to my ear. Sometimes, the voices are distinctly male or female.

If it bothers you, music will cure it every time.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I agree music can cure this, however i am still interested in source, i heard a interview with a guy who was in military intelligence, guy by the name of Jef Harvey (Jeff spelled with one f) he said the navy could beam a signal right near your window and get a decent voice coding pattern of your voice off the vibration, i talked about the use of subliminal's also, the application of a trigger word placed into the mind of the person without them realizing it can also be a cause of this effect....

Let me explain for instance, you paraphrase a sentence with a hidden trigger word in it, lets say for example you want the person to see a apple or a apple in the persons mind you say a sentence to the person like "hey today (apple) i went to the movies and it was fun", but you slip the word apple into them without there brain really processing it correctly, this can then trick the brain into seeing things, in some cases you will see real stuff because out of the subliminal word comes manifestation...
edit on 27-11-2015 by King Seesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
What's with all these one poster people necroing threads... Ah well.

I'm not sure where this ended up going, but the first step should have been some sort of sensitive recording device. If the noises show up on it, then the person isn't likely to be schizophrenic or crazy. If they don't, that's when you go see a doctor.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
so watch the episode of star trek the next generation- cause and effect. doctor crusher ends up hearing voices in each time loop at the same time. It from the time anomaly they encounter. well it may not be from a time anomaly, but you may not get it recorded if its from your bodies chemical/electrical field. ill just say lastnight i dreamt another vivid (controlled) dream. i know its hard to forget about..but try not to give it attention. life is not fun dealing with these constant anomalous attacks.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join