It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Across Texas, 60,000 babies of noncitizens get U.S. birthright

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

pretty sure that the democrats do the same things there proof of that is mr obamas healthcare plan.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tgautier13
reply to post by SunIsSon

Don't be so bigoted. Go read the 14th Amendment and make sure you understand it before coming back to this website.

Those kids are American citizens. Eventually they will be slaves to the machine like the rest of us.
Yes they will be and most american tax payers that are barely keeping thier heads above water don't want to have to pay out more taxes to support them because they aren't educated enough to get a good paying job. The 14th is being debated in case you didn't know and for good reason. The one I just mentioned. Do you realize hospitals are closing down because of illegals having thier babies here all the time. We can't afford them, get it? Do you really think that just because an illegal takes a job an american wont means they are making it on thier own? Maybe people should complain about how Mexican military troops have taken away farmers land in places like Chiapas and forced them to come here instead of complaining to americans that they are not acting like americans.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by KrispyB]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Those babies are Americans and as they go up will live as Americans.

What is you problem with Americans?
Lets take off our blinders for a sec. here and finish what you left out. These so called americans are most likely going to grow up in poverty and hurt our economy. The parents of these so called americans are working the jobs americans wont because they can't get anything else. These jobs don't pay either and maybe that's why americans are fed up with all the illegal crossings into this country, because we can't afford to support them. Where does it say in our constitution that it is un american to complain about illegals breaking our laws and a govt. that supports it, ignoring the majority of citizens against illegal immigration? We are suppose to be a financially strong country, not the opposite.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by KrispyB]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I really can't believe people are even considering Ghomert's ideas!

www.thedailybeast.com...

You know if Lou Dobbs is against the idea, you seriously screwed the pooch! Time to tone the hate back right wingers, you just jumped the shark on this one.

Do you all really agree with Ghomert that terrorists are going to come over here and have children to train them to be sleeper agents?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Hate to break it to you, but the largest Latin community in the US is in...
New Jersey.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Hate to break it to you, but the largest Latin community in the US is in...
New Jersey.

What kinda Latinos? Mexicans? Puerto-Ricans? El-Salvadorans? Hondurans? Cubans? Nicaraguans?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunIsSon
reply to post by jam321

Their parents were NOT legal Americans, so therefore neither are their children.

The United States Constitution disagrees with you.

Every one of us, with the exception of the Native Americans, are a flavor of "anchor baby".

If you have expanded your zenophobia to include American Citizens, then perhaps it's time for you to consider moving to a different country.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeySEEmonkeyDO
reply to post by jam321

My problem is how illegals are abusing the system, and forcing their way into this country without paying state/federal/local taxes. They're demanding medical and education but not paying for it. I guess my only problem is the law, and how it's not being enforced.

Is ignorance a disease?

Do you think that an illegal alien has some special card he flashes at the grocery store or gas station that absolves them from paying taxes on thier purchases?

When they rent they pay property taxes via a rent fee...just like anyone else who rents.

And while people panic at the idea of fake social security numbers, know this that the government could care less where the money comes from, it gets it SS deduction and the Illegal will never see a SS check.

By some recent government estimates; about $7 billion a year in Social Security taxes is gathered this way.

Illegal immigrants were responsible for 10 percent of the government’s surplus in 2004. That is quite a tidy sum. And because they are not legally authorized to be a part of the workforce, the immigrants will not collect any benefits later

www.spokesmanreview.com...

Do you think that the wage that they are employed at does not function as a subsidy for the agricultural industry?

[edit on 9-8-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Is ignorance a disease?

Do you think that an illegal alien has some special card he flashes at the grocery store or gas station that absolves them from paying taxes on thier purchases?

When they rent they pay property taxes via a rent fee...just like anyone else who rents.

And while people panic at the idea of fake social security numbers, know this that the government could care less where the money comes from, it gets it SS deduction and the Illegal will never see a SS check.

Ignorance is a disease, and you have it.

Actually, if or when an illegal immigrant becomes a legal immigrant, any contributions they made to SS - even with a FAKE SS number and ILLEGAL STATUS - they will be credited back and their current contributions under their VALID SS will reflect every contribution they made when they were illegal as long as they can present proof of their fake SS number. Not that this matters to you anyway - you probably see it as a reason to just open up the borders.

It's an odd situation and one that shouldn't exist any more than a U.S citizen infant with two illegal immigrant parents.

Hey, why not just give the parents automatic citizenship if they can run across the border, pop out a baby, and pay their fake/illegal SS if they intend on immigrating legally after their de-facto illegal probationary period is up??? :@@

Illegal immigrants were responsible for 10 percent of the government’s surplus in 2004. That is quite a tidy sum. And because they are not legally authorized to be a part of the workforce, the immigrants will not collect any benefits later

Sure, they've created fake social security numbers and documents but entirely lack the wherewithal to create falsified documents to get welfare, food stamps, and other benefits. Don't forget, the two illegal citizens with the citizen child have a little more momentum. They're entitled to most benefits as two American citizens with a citizen child.

Also, according to US Code Title 8, Chapter 14, Subsection I illegal immigrants are able to receive the following benefits WITHOUT FALSIFIED DOCUMENTS:

Emergency medical care (includes emergency labor and delivery which cost the taxpayer about $15,000 per delivery). This also includes anything that threatens your life, limb, or eyesight.

So, how does it feel that you are flipping the bill for millions of illegal immigrants when they:

1) Break their arm
2) Break their leg
3) Get stabbed in the liver
4) Get shot in the knee
5) Get stabbed in the neck
6) Get in a bad car accident
7) Get bit by a stray animal
8) Trip while walking out of their house and fracturing their skull
9) Accidentally get oven cleaner in their eye, trip, and fall on a paperclip
that punctures their eyeball
10) Get high on meth and jump out of a moving care, breaking their arm.
11) Go bungee jumping and have an accident that breaks their legs
12) Gets shot by another illegal immigrant
13) Having a backyard BBQ with 20 other illegals, and getting 3rd degree burns by an out of control fire
14) Have chest pains
15) have any type of severe bleeding
16) have nearly any type of spinal cord or back injury
17) have difficulty breathing..
18) are suicidal
19) need immediate psychiatric care

etc... etc... ect... and by the way, along with paying for the above, you'll most likely be paying for their arrest, jailtime, and if we are all lucky - their deportation.

They can also receive the follow, per the US Code:

Emergency disaster relief.

Immunizations and testing, and treatment of symptoms of communicable diseases.

Certain community programs, such as soup kitchens or crisis counseling.

Limited and low-income housing assistance.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by RestingInPieces]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

reply to post by jam321

Their parents were NOT legal Americans, so therefore neither are their children. Those children were just born here, they are not Americans. Being American STANDS for something. A lot more than just being born on the territory by a criminal parent.

Being born here is the only way to have true full citizenship (ability to run for President).

Quit acting like being born here does not make you a citizen, it does and it should.

If you take that away you set the precedent that you and I are not guaranteed citizenship as long as one social group or another decides they don't like us.

That's bull#, I was born in the USA and that makes me a full fledged citizen who can become President.

As can any of those children of illegal aliens. They did not commit the crime of their parents. Your bigotry isn't enough to remove their birth right.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

Ok so lobby to stop having to "foot the bill" for illegals.

Lobby to let them die from refused medical services so that at least the true face of your beliefs is put forward.

Don't lobby to change the fundamental precept of citizenship from birth, and # EVERYONE for your pathetic hatred of illegals and their children who had no say.

Don't abort a fetus but send a child born in the USA to be a citizen without a #ing country?

Wtf?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sremmos
reply to post by RestingInPieces

Ok so lobby to stop having to "foot the bill" for illegals.

Lobby to let them die from refused medical services so that at least the true face of your beliefs is put forward.

Don't lobby to change the fundamental precept of citizenship from birth, and # EVERYONE for your pathetic hatred of illegals and their children who had no say.

Don't abort a fetus but send a child born in the USA to be a citizen without a #ing country?

Wtf?

Why do you think the United States and the taxpayers have to be the solution to the problems of people who come here illegally?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sremmos

reply to post by jam321

Their parents were NOT legal Americans, so therefore neither are their children. Those children were just born here, they are not Americans. Being American STANDS for something. A lot more than just being born on the territory by a criminal parent.

Being born here is the only way to have true full citizenship (ability to run for President).

George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, James Monroe, John Quincy Adams, Andrew Jackson.

The first seven presidents were certainly not born in the United States of America.

They were born in British Colonies.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Illegals built my house. Housing contractors sub-contract for different things. As my house was being built, I would sit in the road with my wife and watch these non-english-speaking folk work their tails off. And they earned every dime they made.

I went to school with the children of illegals. These kids were bright, and funny and mean and arrogant. Just like the rest of us. They didn't do anything wrong. Quit getting pissed at them.

Here's the deal. You don't like the illegal problem? Present your solution in a clear, organized manner. No one on this site has the right to complain about 'anchor babies' unless they are Native American. To them, we're all immigrants and anchor babies.

You're addressing the symptom. Not the problem. The US is showing mercy to people who desperately need it. And that's a bad thing. Mexicans have their own country and come to ours because they can. They see our wealth (largely imaginary), our freedom (which is very real), and our opportunities (which is the big motivator), and they see that they CAN have it if they're willing to sacrifice to get it. Most of them are willing.

By allowing that to happen they don't realize that they've had that authority and ability all of this time. The mexican government, gangs, drug cartels, and criminals are the minority there. It's safer to hop the border than it is to rise up as a population and forcefully regain control of what is rightfully theirs. But we just let them keep coming.

Our children are our future. Few people would deny that. And the Mexicans are GIVING us their future.

So here's my plan:

1. Lock the Mexican border as best we can. Allow dual citcenzship as always and allow all American citizens to travel to and fro freely. Continue with work visas, residency visas, etc... Improve the system as best we can, but lock down the border for everyone else.

2. Deport all illegal immigrants. For those with American children allow them the choice of becoming wards of the state, allow them to be adopted, allow them to be placed in the custody of an American of THEIR choosing, or take them back to Mexico when they are deported. Obviously, this will be difficult to do. So enforcement has to change.

3. Illegals have skills that are in demand. Instead of detaining them in federal custody, change the law to demand a higher penalty for the crime of crossing the border illegally. They can use our courts to decide if they should go in the pen for six months or work for the government for six months at minimum wage. After either punishment is fulfilled, they will then be deported back to whence they came. This serves three purposes. Firstly, it will ease the budgetary constraints of the government if they opt into that penalty program. Second, crossing the border ILLEGALLY is a crime. Such a stiff punishment will serve as a deterrent. And last, it will actually give them the option of choosing wether to live in relative freedom close to whatever government project is being worked on, or to live incarcerated. It's a choice. The lesser of two negatives. But the original choice to come here illegally is the primary one.

4. Repeat offenses incur more time as penalty.

I know I'm probably going to get flamed for this post, but the heart of the matter is that it's easier and safer for illegals to come here and improve their lives than it is for them to stay where they are and wait for someone to improve it for them. They have the means, the masses, and the motivation to secure their own country, but we make it far to easy for them not to.

You can shoot holes in this proposal all you want. I know it isn't perfect. I'm not a politician. I'm a fairly simple man who beleives that curing the disease is more important than treating the symptom. Sometimes, it's easier to treat the symptoms and live with the disease. But that doesn't mean it's better.

America is not the answer for Mexican woes. Mexicans are.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Another perspective, again from a brown skinned son of green card immigrants... Illegals make legal immigrants look bad, plus they're cutting in line.

People taking resources illegally are stealing, no matter what the resource is. Taking anything over $250-400 in value are guilty of Grand Theft, a Felony.

Any gains from illegal activity are confiscated, drug dealers have their cars and homes confiscated since they're paid for from profits of crime.

People who are here without permission to have kids born here are stealing citizenship. Citizenship is worth far more than $250-400, so stealing citizenship from legal immigrants, and the benefits from legal parents, and the burden of social support from taxpayers, certainly qualifies stealing citizenship as a Felony. The illegal parents should be fined in an amount equal to the benefits of citizenship, and the citizenship then should be void and confiscated.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

I just want you to know where this anti immigrant movement is coming from.

Do you support John Tanton? Because the Anti Immigration movement was spearheaded by John Tanton, follow the money. You will find the money for this goes back to a hand full of white supremacist groups. That's the modern Anti Immigrant movement. They not only want the illegals out of the country but the legal Latinos out too. Don't think for a moment that if they got their way you would be safe from them, they would just shift strategy to you.

Hell man, they are trying to take YOUR 14th Amendment rights away from you, how could you possibly support that?

[edit on 8/10/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces
Actually, if or when an illegal immigrant becomes a legal immigrant, any contributions they made to SS - even with a FAKE SS number and ILLEGAL STATUS - they will be credited back and their current contributions under their VALID SS will reflect every contribution they made when they were illegal as long as they can present proof of their fake SS number.
[edit on 9-8-2010 by RestingInPieces]

Would you mind providing a link to this?

Not a spin piece. Find me the law.

I expect ot be waiting an eternity.

Just because it's the internet doesn't mean it's OK to lie. It's still your voice and your personal honor that you abuse.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Bottom line for me: as long as there is a 14th Amendment and you are born in America, you're an American, regardless of whether your parents are. I'm not turning my back on Americans.

Are there problems that result from illegal immigration? Absolutely. We could cut them out by actually having border security. Should American children actually born in America be punished as a result? No. They are citizens under the guidelines of our constitution.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Around 70% of Americans want an amendment to the 14th amendment and they aren't white supremacists. That amendentment would stop Mexicans from coming here pregnant and having thier babies on our soil just to obtain citizenship and give hospitals a break. We are americans that are fed up with being taxed to death and we see stopping illegal aliens as a good place to start. Screw that video, it means jack sh_t. I think you're just trying to get some dis information going here. What kind of american are you?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by KrispyB

Sure, what's next on the constitutional chopping block for y'all the 13th Amendment? Now you want to rob Americans of their birthright, what's next? Do you want to rob Americans of their freedom too?

[edit on 8/10/2010 by whatukno]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join