It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Across Texas, 60,000 babies of noncitizens get U.S. birthright

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Where the babys born here on US soil? if so, yeah i would agree they should be american citizens* but could be denied IF the parents are not...obviously whos gunna take care of the infant, so the infant would have ot be deported along with the parents. but if born here, thats how its supposed to work..yuor an immediate citizen* hell i was born here and so were all of you, making you american citizens in the same manner!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Reply to post by ziggy1706

Apples to oranges. At least one of my parents is a legal citizen.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

The 14th admendment was written for freed black slaves, catholics and German emigrents. This afforded them the right to vote under constitutional law. It was not indented for others to gain citizenship by just being born here. Do your history research before
you make a post. Your state and federal taxes are supporting the illegals. You are being used and robbed at the same time.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

It's always been an issue, but now it's a serious issue with our own collapsing economy, and how the LEGAL citizens are forking up hard-earned money to support illegals. Facing more inflation (price of food, oil, etc), it would only make sense to kick these people outta here so we can focus on the people who are actually PAYING taxes.

It's only an issue because the Right made it an issue, and by the way, illegals do pay taxes, what, do you think they fill their gas tanks with air? You don't think they buy things? Ever heard of the Sales Tax? Yes, Illegals pay taxes alright, some of them even pay income tax that they never ever try and get a refund on.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by flycatch

At one point do you get to say "this amendment was only intended for X" It doesn't, and you don't.

Regardless of your opinion this is NOT MOTHER#ING BURGER KING, you don't get to have it your way! This is America, and like it or not THIS IS YOUR CONSTITUTION!

GET OVER IT. These children are citizens, just as you are! And you should be proud to call them your own!

If you want to say the constitution doesn't apply, please toss any guns in the garbage, pick up your nearest bible, and place duct tape over your mouth.

If you don't like it, fix it!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

You have to understand, if babies born in the US are citizens by birth, then Right wingers would be forced to treat them like (GASP) HUMAN BEINGS! Which is the Right Wingers argument, illegals aren't human beings and so they have no rights.

Right wingers love to dehumanize people so it's easier to hate them.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I was born on American soil to green card carrying parents, who didn't become naturalized until I was about 10 years old. I am proud of my country and served in the Army. However I would go through the citizenship process if I had to. Thinking about it though, I don't see the benefit of being a Citizen other than voting and serving in a Jury. Anything else?

I know the violent, anti-law left wing will speak up soon and claim racism. Whoops, looks like they did.

By the way, I have brown skin and I'm strongly anti-illegal immigration. I am pro legal immigration, let everyone wait in line fairly. People sneaking in to have babies here for the benefits should not benefit from it. It's a matter of fairness.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

your brothers are fighting and dying for our country and the us flag is the biggest symbol

The person my friend is what represents the country. My brothers fighting and dying have my full support. I do not have to raise a flag to show my support.

Now if somebody took a flag out of my hand it would be a different story.

The military has fought for people to have rights in America. It is not for me to take away their right to burn a flag.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Case closed on you.

All you do is submit bs. Go and read up on FAIR and its history of racism and tell me why you like to use their slanted reports.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Seems like a Marine would have a lil more duty
and honor for the flag he was fighting for.

You mean " seems like a Marine would be against illegal immigration." That is what you really are referring to.

I will say this, this thread isn't about my military life.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Case closed on you.

All you do is submit bs. Go and read up on FAIR and its history of racism and tell me why you like to use their slanted reports.

So basically, you can't argue against the numbers, so you pull the racism card.

LMAO!

Like I said, your position in indefensible.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
This is funny, what's next?

Your an American only if you were born on US Soil AND can pass a conservative litmus test!

Conservatives, only accept the parts of the constitution that they agree with, otherwise the rest is optional eh?

So does the 13th Amendment still apply, or are you all thinking of ignoring that one too?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

It's only an issue because the Right made it an issue,

That is silly. That is like saying robbery is only an issue, because someone complained.

Wrong is wrong, even if no one makes an issue of it.

and by the way, illegals do pay taxes, what, do you think they fill their gas tanks with air? You don't think they buy things? Ever heard of the Sales Tax? Yes, Illegals pay taxes alright,

Don't be dense.

Most government money is made from income taxes.

some of them even pay income tax that they never ever try and get a refund on.

oooooh. SOME of them do this? You mean the ones using stolen identities?

But you know, since they pay SOME tax, it is okay that they are CRIMINAL immigrants.

reply to post by whatukno

Yeah. Nice conjecture.

That was just ridiculous, and you know it.

reply to post by whatukno

aww . . . more race baiting and silly conjecture.

How cute.

[edit on 8/9/2010 by Lemon.Fresh]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

It seems that you equate illegal immigration with mass murder. You do know it's just a misdemeanor right? These PEOPLE aren't Charles Manson.

And now, because of your blind hate for illegals you want to rob Americans of their birthright. Their 14th Amendment guaranteed Birthright.

Odd, I didn't mention race.
Now your projecting.

And by the way, the illegals that pay income tax, they do it legally through the IRS.

Giving Cover to Illegal Aliens
IRS Tax ID Numbers Subvert Immigration Law

[edit on 8/9/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

someones really obssesed with apple and oranges

your history is bloody and not all candy and rainbows, your ancestors were immagrants and most likely a colonist

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The only thing I think that bothers most citizens are the gangs and drugs that get pumped into the United States from Mexico. I have worked in the past with some great people who were illegal, they were just trying to make a better life for themselves. I knew a guy in the Army who was legal and would send much of his paycheck to mexico to help his family. I have Meicans in my exstended family I think most of them are good people. Like I said its these gangs and the drugs that are the problem.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I have only read some of the first page so hear me out for a second.

I think that we as Americans, with our government, should not get rid of the symptoms (The Immigrants) but the Cause of the problem (Mexico). We should try to help make it a nicer place, and a safer place for the Immigrants, so they do not even need to leave to the U.S.A.

Fighting against the Drug Cartels is a step for starters

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I had started a thread addressing a correlary issue to this last week:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Illegal immigration is certainly in the news the past couple of months more than ever before. The MSM hits the points that the elite wants it to hit. Bottom line. One must wonder the reason.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunIsSon
reply to post by jam321

Their parents were NOT legal Americans, so therefore neither are their children. Those children were just born here, they are not Americans. Being American STANDS for something. A lot more than just being born on the territory by a criminal parent.

Not according to the 14th Amendment. It's funny how everyone cries about thier constitutional rights and try to ignore them when it's something they personally dislike.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The law is clear - if you're born here, you're a citizen.

This is the strict constitutionalist view - conservatives should like that, as this is not an 'activist' stance, but the narrowest view of the law.

You don't like it, tough. Get enough together to call a constitutional convention and get enough people to vote it into play and then get the states to ratify it.

Otherwise, you are SOL and you have to live with the law as it stands or get out.

You know, after hearing that call - Love America or Leave It - from the neocons and militant conservatives, its nice to be able to tell it back to them.

*Edited for a doubled word I missed previously*

[edit on 9/8/10 by MagoSA]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join