Across Texas, 60,000 babies of noncitizens get U.S. birthright

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by KrispyB

Guess I'm one of the 30% crowd. I'd love to see a source on your 70% claim.

There's nothing wrong with the 14th amendment. I don't see our Constitution as the root cause of this problem and it's absurd to attempt to solve it that way. This is a border security issue, not an issue with our acceptable paths to citizenship and naturalization. Illegal immigrants aren't magically becoming legal by dropping babies in America. Their babies are however becoming American as a result of being born here, just the same as you were, regardless of where your parents originated. It's a slippery slope if you take that away.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bikeshedding

It was just in the news, on TV. Maybe you should watch tv and keep up with current events. You and I both know that trying to solve any illegal crossings by way of border patrols is a waste of time, that's why you encourage it. The amendment to the 14th will make a difference for a change and americans will finally have thier way, not the illegals. Oh, and my parents were legal citizens when I was born here. That's the difference between me and some baby from an illegal. So don't even try to compare the two. You are mixing apples and oranges just like all the other spin doctors. You with La Raza or something?

[edit on 11-8-2010 by KrispyB]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Do you seriously think that just because an illegal has a job here that he or she is making it on thier own? Ever been accused of being a tard? Tell me they're educated and get the good paying jobs and they're taxes are supporting people like me. I could stand a good laugh.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrispyB
reply to post by bikeshedding

It was just in the news, on TV. Maybe you should watch tv and keep up with current events.

That was not a citation -- that was an insult. I keep up with current events, and if prompted, would be able to cite a source by name and not merely say something as banal as "on TV." Many of us have jobs and families and therefore cannot dedicate 24 hours a day to watching all news networks.

You and I both know that trying to solve any illegal crossings by way of border patrols is a waste of time, that's why you encourage it. The amendment to the 14th will make a difference for a change and americans will finally have thier way, not the illegals.

You and I both know that they'll keep coming regardless of whether we change the 14th amendment, because citizenship isn't really what brings them here.

Oh, and my parents were legal citizens when I was born here. That's the difference between me and some baby from an illegal. So don't even try to compare the two.

I never said your parents weren't legal citizens. What I said is that it wouldn't have mattered if they were. Birth in America makes you an American. If two people are born in America, clearly they can be compared.

You are mixing apples and oranges just like all the other spin doctors. You with La Raza or something?

I'm mixing Americans with Americans just like any rational person who understands the legal rights afforded to a person born in this country would be. I'm with America.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by bikeshedding]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by KrispyB

Sure, what's next on the constitutional chopping block for y'all the 13th Amendment? Now you want to rob Americans of their birthright, what's next? Do you want to rob Americans of their freedom too?

[edit on 8/10/2010 by whatukno]

Yes, they do. The 10th amendment is no longer valid in Arizona and the 1st amendment is no longer valid in NYS! The right is blatantly destroying the constitution while pointing at the president and blaming him for it.

new topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join