It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telling BP and big oil OFF!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by smash_the_system

Thank you! It is just scary because they say one thing, then you go look at the feeds, and it looks just the opposite of what they are saying. This would never have happened if they would have followed safety procedures....that is what I am so mad about. There were some kind of braces they use on the BOP....the standard was to use 21 of them.....they only used SIX. They also had the alarms turned off so it wouldn't disturb the guys who were sleeping!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by smash_the_system

Thank you! It is just scary because they say one thing, then you go look at the feeds, and it looks just the opposite of what they are saying. This would never have happened if they would have followed safety procedures....that is what I am so mad about. There were some kind of braces they use on the BOP....the standard was to use 21 of them.....they only used SIX. They also had the alarms turned off so it wouldn't disturb the guys who were sleeping!

I know. I've been following this since the Deepwater blew, noticed how it took at least 2/3 days before it was getting MSM coverage. I watched Tony Hayward getting a grilling at the hearing, one 'I can't comment on that' after another, wouldn't expect anything less from him. Money cutting actions to save bucks for the company, and now they haven't got a freakin' clue what to do next, apart from where we gonna dig next fellas?

I was on the morpheus feeds yesterday, and on one of the screens (not sure which one) there was a fixed shot of mens legs and feet - suppose that was the operation room 'still' huh? Thad Allen (BP's Muppet) looked very uneasy when I watched him on some CNN show yesterday (forget who he was being interviewed by) but they use double talk. One minute the Static Kill was in place, and then he was talking about the relief wells being completed by the end of August, yet we've since heard that because of the well caps integrity, they may have to replace it.

If they'd have brought the correct plan of action to the table sooner, maybe they could have prevented what now seems to be happening, even though they were advised not to drill above an oil lake a year before and they 'knew' the risks involved. But as you said, they've cut costs with this from Day 1. Funny how the BP shares are slowly rising while everyone's out of the know with this. Stinks to high heaven

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It certainly does! Supposedly they were going to start the drilling for the relief well again last night. What gets me is that they are saying on TV that "the well is dead".....NO IT ISN"T......they haven't done the bottom kill yet and the relief well isn't done. That cap has been leaking, I watched it all day yesterday and saw clouds of blackness pouring from the top. But the MSM reports that it is dead.....nothing more to worry about. Thad Allen is just a puppet....that's all. I sure hope all the commotion on the feeds of the BOP are because they started the bottom kill or drilling....because it looks like something is leaking....and leaking bad.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Way to go Kat! I feel the same way and I'm sure that others do, too.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skid Mark
Way to go Kat! I feel the same way and I'm sure that others do, too.

Thank you....**takes a bow** LOL!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I saw a video the other day that had Thad Allens voice talking about the "success" of the cementing, and a cnn anchor saying "the well is dead" etc....while the video itself was showing explosions, gas leaks and oil leaks! That says it all. I can't believe the public is so gullible they actually FALL for this. I read somewhere that there was a survey and most people said that the incident was over and the well was "DEAD"....or they haven't been following it. THAT'S how they get away with it......people need to open their eyes....it's more than just the Gulf of Mexico....it shows how easily we can be mislead. If they lie about this, who know what else they are lying about...the government too. As long as we accept it, they will keep doing it. Unfortunately, the ones who see this are the minority...most people are so trusting in the media, they don't realize the extent of this.....all you have to do is look at the feeds...it's right there for all to see.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by digby888
i have been wondering about the rov cams and the quality of them

surely the ones the operators use are much better than the ones we get to watch

Yes...I'm sure of that! The ones we see are filtered or so heavily pixilated you can barely tell what you are looking at!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I really thought people would have something to say to all this....pretty disappointing.....a lot of people think they read these BP threads...why not unload on them?! LOL! C'mon people!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Check NOAA's new forecast for the gulf. Possible Cyclone from the remants of that last storm.

Also, not to ignore your post... I'm pissed too, but I'm not sure WHO I'm pissed at so refraining from jumping the guy and targeting the wrong person, co., etc... too many unanswered questions at this point. I totally agree with you about the feeds quality. It was much better when I first starting viewing it. I wonder if the number of people watching it would affect the quality of it? Not a computer person, so I don't know.

P.S. I'm in Bama... but further North... I've definitely been following the livefeed discussion and I do appreciate you guys hanging in there day after day (even though you are getting crappy views!)

Oh, and I wondered after reading the NOAA update what the difference was between a cyclone and a hurricane... From googling, I see that cyclone typically forms in other oceans and travels clockwise. Is it odd for a cyclone to form in the GOM? I don't know yet... Will google some more tomorrow.

But keep in mind, this is Alabama news so someone may have just used the wrong word. : )

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1curious1
reply to post by StealthyKat

Check NOAA's new forecast for the gulf. Possible Cyclone from the remants of that last storm.

Also, not to ignore your post... I'm pissed too, but I'm not sure WHO I'm pissed at so refraining from jumping the guy and targeting the wrong person, co., etc... too many unanswered questions at this point. I totally agree with you about the feeds quality. It was much better when I first starting viewing it. I wonder if the number of people watching it would affect the quality of it? Not a computer person, so I don't know.

P.S. I'm in Bama... but further North... I've definitely been following the livefeed discussion and I do appreciate you guys hanging in there day after day (even though you are getting crappy views!)

Oh, and I wondered after reading the NOAA update what the difference was between a cyclone and a hurricane... From googling, I see that cyclone typically forms in other oceans and travels clockwise. Is it odd for a cyclone to form in the GOM? I don't know yet... Will google some more tomorrow.

But keep in mind, this is Alabama news so someone may have just used the wrong word. : )

I know what you mean....I am just really mad at BP and President Obama.....he should have taken a stand...a FIRM stand...from the beginning...I just feel like we are some kind of sacrificial lambs here because they are trying to find a new source of fuel......methane. Oil is going to be scarce and methane is the future....I'll try to find some links about it. But there are huge amounts of methane in the GOM....and they are very interested in it....no matter what the cost. About Cyclones and Hurricanes....here's some info

Nothing really different except geography. Tropical storms occur in several of the world's oceans, and except for their names, they are essentially the same type of storm. In the Atlantic Ocean, Gulf of Mexico, and the Eastern Pacific Ocean, they are called hurricanes. In the Western Pacific Ocean, they are called typhoons. In the Indian Ocean, the Bay of Bengal, and Australia, these types of storms are called cyclones.

-- Hurricane: a violent wind which has a circular movement, especially found in the West Atlantic Ocean. A hurricane is actually a violent storm formed with water which causes heavy rains and fierce winds and they can cause flooding of streets and homes.
-- Cyclone: a violent tropical storm or wind in which the air moves very fast in a circular direction. They can be formed over tropical waters, bar the Southeast Pacific and the South Atlantic Oceans. Technically, all hurricanes are cyclones but not all cyclones are hurricanes: if their wind speed is over 74 miles per hour, they're hurricanes, if not, they're just cyclones or tropical storms.

Thanks for reading the live feed link. A lot of people put a LOT of hours into it LOL!
As for the quality....I think it is intentional on BP's part.....not how many people watch, because if you look closely....the feeds have been pixelated so that it is hard to discern what you are looking at, AND they put color filters over it....for the same purpose. They also are not showing ALL the feeds. They are just liars and it is as simple as that. Trying to cover their asses.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Okay Kat here is mine!!

We Are Pissed!!

And We Did Not Sign A Confidentiality Statement!

Update to post..........of why....

testtherain.com...

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
Okay Kat here is mine!!

We Are Pissed!!

And We Did Not Sign A Confidentiality Statement!

Yayyyyyyyy!!!!!!! THANKYOU! I feel MUCH better! You tell em Cloud! *high five*

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join