It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telling BP and big oil OFF!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This thread is for those as frustrated by the lousy quality of the feeds, the lies and coverups and general "What you don't know won't hurt you" attitude of BP and thier affiliates! A place to VENT if you need to. I'll start.

"Dear" Oil Kings,
You were ORDERED to keep the public informed about what you are doing and to provide feeds to the public showing what is going on in the gulf. All we see are pixelated pathetic feeds, looped video, freezes and all around piss poor quality feeds....done on purpose to keep us in the dark. If what you have done down there is such a success....why can't we see it? You hardly show the BOP, and when you do it is so pixelated and blurred you can't even tell what you are looking at. With all the money you put into these ROV's, you can't say this is the best feeds you can put out. If so, then how the hell can YOU monitor what is going on? We want to SEE your "success" and we want to see it NOW! I am tired of straining my eyes trying to make out what you are showing! How are we to believe what you say when you can't even provide evidence? This is an OUTRAGE and we are losing patience. NO ONE can believe you because you can't provide proof. Do you REALLY think people will just be spoon fed CRAP FOREVER??? We see explosions daily down there....what is that about? No mention of THAT from you guys! Clean up the feeds and come clean about what is going on down there NOW! We are watching......and waiting for the clear pics of your "dead well"....and an explanation of why there are explosions down there! We DERSERVE this! .

NEXT......

[edit on 8-8-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
i have been wondering about the rov cams and the quality of them

surely the ones the operators use are much better than the ones we get to watch

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by digby888

Of course they are....which is why I am so outraged. We should see the same feeds they do. They were ordered BY LAW to do this. They think they can just throw us a few crumbs and we are supposed to be grateful....that is just BS. If they had to do work down there by relying on THOSE crappy feeds, they couldn't do any work!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Theres places you can get petitions done online, maybe see how many we can get and have them forwarded to the relevant person/people?

Wouldnt have to limit it to members of this site either, theres peoples pissed all over the place, shouldnt be too hard to find them.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Theres places you can get petitions done online, maybe see how many we can get and have them forwarded to the relevant person/people?

Wouldnt have to limit it to members of this site either, theres peoples pissed all over the place, shouldnt be too hard to find them.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

EDIT - Sorry, no idea why that came up 3 times...

[edit on 8/8/10 by niblo]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by niblo

Right! I just wanted to see how many responses I get. Since you are one of my fellow "feed watchers".....I know you know what I mean!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
For those of you who may not watch the feeds....here's a link so you can see for yourself morpheastruth.webs.com...

and here is where you can leave a complaint if you so choose
www.bpcomplaints.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
anger often clouds one's vision.

no matter how justified it may seem, its best to remain calm so as to not miss subtle points along the way.

dont get angry, get even, as they say. Adn that takes careful planning. And careful planning takes a calm mind.

just my $.02

I did an excercise in 03 when bush started his little iraq war; I went one year trying to radically limit my petrol usage. I stopped driving everything but my greasel truck. I stopped buying food from more than a hundred miles away. I didnt use things made of petrol like computers or buy new 'stuff'. And while i held no illusions that i made any impact in their bottom line, it did teach me just how much we ALL rely upon their product. It also helped that i lived on about 5000 dollars a year. That'll limit anyone's needless expenses.

"They" will stop being powerful when 'we' stop giving them our money. Plus, its empowering to take control for yourself and learn to make, grow, scavenge the things you need.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I love big oil I like to be able to drive places and see things , and paying about $7 profit to the oil companies per tank is a rockin deal .

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
anger often clouds one's vision.

no matter how justified it may seem, its best to remain calm so as to not miss subtle points along the way.

dont get angry, get even, as they say. Adn that takes careful planning. And careful planning takes a calm mind.

just my $.02

I did an excercise in 03 when bush started his little iraq war; I went one year trying to radically limit my petrol usage. I stopped driving everything but my greasel truck. I stopped buying food from more than a hundred miles away. I didnt use things made of petrol like computers or buy new 'stuff'. And while i held no illusions that i made any impact in their bottom line, it did teach me just how much we ALL rely upon their product. It also helped that i lived on about 5000 dollars a year. That'll limit anyone's needless expenses.

"They" will stop being powerful when 'we' stop giving them our money. Plus, its empowering to take control for yourself and learn to make, grow, scavenge the things you need.

Of course you are right......until something else replaces oil, we depend on it. My issue is with how all this is being handled. Anger can cloud your vision, but sometimes it motivates. Maybe I am too close to it, but I can't be the only one who is outraged. We here in Louisiana have a love/hate relationship with the oil industry. It is part of the lifeblood of this area. But they should follow safety procedures and be held accountable when they put our lives in jeopardy to save a few bucks. They are being purposely deceitful, and that is what I am at issue with.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

of course they are being purposefully deceitful. they need to be because the truth, if revealed, will be damaging. getting mad about it does little to change this.

I TRULY believe if 'they' make you angry, they win, you lose. stay calm and focused while denying ignorance.

Be Well, and remember to BREATHE!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I wouldn't get so calm as to become complacent...
In the Nigerian delta where oil spills are rampant, apparently life expectancy is down to about 40 years of age...

If they can get away with it they will.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

calmness has nothing to do with complacency.

anger should not ever be confused with intelligent, constructive action.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

It's true.....I'll try......but we southern girls are a fiery bunch LOL
.....I feel like that guy in that old movie "I"M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!"..........Trust me I'm ok.....it felt good to rant and get it out of my system. Some people think that BP people may read here....and I want them to see that if they do. Not that it would matter to them. I just want to put it out there. I just want hem to know WE KNOW and for them to be held accountable. I want answers. If there is a methane explosion or a tsunami, I'm dead. So it's important to me.....**taking deep breath**

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
I wouldn't get so calm as to become complacent...
In the Nigerian delta where oil spills are rampant, apparently life expectancy is down to about 40 years of age...

If they can get away with it they will.

LOL! No worries there!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Hmmmmmm I thought people would have a lot to say on this.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I think everybody is worn out with the subject. It doesn't have the direct impact on most the way it does on me and you. Not that they don't care, just too overwhelmed to bother.

As far as getting the truth out of these a-holes goes, they never cared about the legalities before the blow-out, and probably aint' gonna start now. They have billions of dollars to grease palms and blind the eyes of those overseeing the "clean-up". Meanwhile, we can just sit back and watch our livelihoods and way of life disappear. After all, those of us down here are just a bunch of Cajun yahoos, right?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

You're right. People get weary of things that don't affect them directly. However there are some who live far away who really care and watch the feeds constantly to give updates (more info than the news LOL) In the "Up to the minute BP" thread, there is DragonFire in Maine, who does an excellent job, and we have 2 others from the UK and Ireland even! I don't know, I just thought people would like to have a chance to let BP have it. I can't be the only one who feels so strongly about it.....or maybe I am LOL. I'm just beyond frustrated with it all. At least starting Thursday night, we will have our Saints back to give us a boost!!!! Wooooo Hooooooooooooooo!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I'm from the UK also and have been watching the 'live feeds' (from wherever in the ocean they may be)
Even though I'm about 5,000 miles away on the map, that doesn't stop me from worrying about the consequences of this and the long time effects that it will have on the world as a whole - it would be quite complacent to think that this is an 'isolated' incident and doesn't affect anyone that isn't in the area of the GoM.

It's quite a normal reaction to feel anger and frustration when you're constantly being lied to and you don't know where your future is headed. Hats off to you StealthyKat for the vigil that you've been keeping on this situation, hats off to everyone that is keeping their eye on this and for not falling for the BS that is being fed to the masses by BP's internal body.

Whatever the outcome of all of this, I'm sure BP won't lose any sleep over it.

Stay safe, the TRUTH is OUT there
All we've gotta do, is FIND the damn thing!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join