It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paper: Corexit appears to be washing up at Gulf beaches; Biodegradation “may not be happening” a

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Waste of space because the word "apears" is meant to cover their butt incase they are wrong as they try to further their agenda. Appears = nothing but hope for the worst'

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

No new insights but a new datapoint ...

We just had 2 inches of rain (heavy rain) for the past day or so. The dogwood turned slightly more brown, the magnolia leaves wrinkled after having been more or less back to normal and now I noticed one leaf with a few round holes thru the middle, and I noticed a lot of leaves of the rhododendron are quickly turning brown.

Neighbor's lawn, that had just gone from brown back to fairly green, is back toward brown again.

The water in the drain baffle isn't as oily looking as before. Maybe some of the Corexit on the ground is being washed down the drain and out, and hopefully the Corexit concentration in this rainwater was less than in prior rainstorms. That would be consistent with my observations of the drain baffle.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by oniongrass

You really might want to get that tested, or at least get some pictures to add to your post, just so some of us can make an educated guess with more info than your word.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
Waste of space because the word "apears" is meant to cover their butt incase they are wrong as they try to further their agenda. Appears = nothing but hope for the worst'

I don't have official Corexit test equipment. Do you? Do you even know all the ingredients of Corexit 9500, or Corexit 9527?

Have you ever heard of a scientific hypothesis? Then testing that hypothesis using data and logic? And indeed, the whole thing can turn out wrong and seem to have been a waste of space.

Now what is your contribution to the scientific analysis?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

You really might want to get that tested, or at least get some pictures to add to your post, just so some of us can make an educated guess with more info than your word.

To evaluate my comments, you will have no more to go on than my word.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by oniongrass
reply to post by antar

The dogwood turned slightly more brown, the magnolia leaves wrinkled after having been more or less back to normal and now I noticed one leaf with a few round holes thru the middle, and I noticed a lot of leaves of the rhododendron are quickly turning brown.

Neighbor's lawn, that had just gone from brown back to fairly green, is back toward brown again.

The water in the drain baffle isn't as oily looking as before. Maybe some of the Corexit on the ground is being washed down the drain and out, and hopefully the Corexit concentration in this rainwater was less than in prior rainstorms. That would be consistent with my observations of the drain baffle.

is this a localized phenominom? Or are you seeing it city-wide? Outside the city?

What do you suppose would make it so localized, if the Corexitt has entered the water cycle, as you seem to be implying? Why arent there reports of this happening all over NYC?

Pics?

Originally posted by oniongrass

Originally posted by justadood

To evaluate my comments, you will have no more to go on than my word.

I dont want to merely evaluate your comments. I would like to evaluate the data you are basing your comments on.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by justadood]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

I doubt it's so localized. I've read reports that sound much worse in the city itself, but I haven't been there in a while so cannot give an independent comment. And as for pics, I'm not going to invest the time and effort, sorry. It's just a datapoint for you to consider or not as you wish.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join