It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UAE: Japanese oil tanker was attacked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

UAE: Japanese oil tanker was attacked

www.usatoday.com

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — An explosive-laden dinghy had struck a Japanese oil tanker in the Persian Gulf last month, the Emirati state news agency said Friday, in the first official confirmation that the incident was an attack.

The report came after an obscure al-Qaeda-linked group said Wednesday one of its suicide bombers had hit the tanker to avenge the plunder of Muslim wealth. If true, the claim by the little-known Brigades of Abdullah Azzam would mark the first time the terror network has attacked the Japanese.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
It's hard to believe those friendly moslems over there would do anything like that, but according to this article they did. Maybe this story is make believe and is intended to get people riled up at the moslem people. whatever the case may be, it's in the news so, take from it what you will.

In its claim posted on militant websites, the al-Qaeda-linked group carried a photo of the purported bomber pointing to a photograph of a tanker on a laptop. It said the bomber was a "martyr" — meaning he had died in the attack. It also said it had delayed the announcement until several group members who were involved in the operation "returned safely to base."

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by aboxoftrix

Invariably some nut-job terrorist faction claims responsibility, whether they did it or not. All publicity is good publicity.

I have to say it took them a while to realise this was a PR opportunity going begging

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I find it odd that they missed the boat considering
they would have had to be standing on it....
oh well,
derka derka mohammad jihad...

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Already posted here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

People, please USE the ATS Search function!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
i do not believe this, not for a second. these big time news outlet can say anything they're told to say. it could be the US, we attacked it for a purpose obvious to us.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
i do not believe this, not for a second. these big time news outlet can say anything they're told to say. it could be the US, we attacked it for a purpose obvious to us.

Your a muslim right, at least from your prior posts, you indicate it as much.
So of course anything anti muslim you protest as well as anything anti Jew you promote and exploit. Why can't you keep an open mind on this.
Just calling it as it is.

top topics

join