It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alarming Conclusion: Oil Tanker Explosion Was Terror Attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Alarming Conclusion: Oil Tanker Explosion Was Terror Attack

abcnews.go.com

An explosion on an oil tanker in the Persian Gulf last week has been determined to have been an act of terror, the United Arab Emirates said today, an ominous development that signals that al Qaeda may be threatening the oil industry's most heavily traveled shipping lane.

An investigation by the UAE Coast Guard determined that the Japanese vessel M. Star was likely hit by a small boat laden with homemade explosives. The blast injured one crewman and left a dent in the ship's starboard side.

An investigation by the UAE Coast Guard determined that the Japanese vessel M. Star was likely h
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
It is now confirmed to be an attack by Al-Qaeda on the Japanese tanker. Why in the world would Al-Qaeda attack a Japanese oil tanker? Are they trying to piss off another country, or is this another blame game from the US to push forward with their imperialistic ideals around the world? Surely the US won't allow something like this to go by without exploiting it to its full advantage.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I find it odd that they missed seriously damaging the boat considering how big it is...
what about the flash on the horizon...
no one heard a boat
oh well,
derka derka mohammad jihad...

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Danbones]

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
That's so weird...al Qaeda? Maybe al Qaeda was trying to false flag someone into a war with someone

Or maybe it was a false flag by someone else gone wrong and now they're blaming they're local, friendly al Qaeda to avoid blame. But oh well...it being al Qaeda means we don't have to go to war with anybody else. We're already at war with them.

Unless...they trace al Qaeda to Iran...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Unless...they trace al Qaeda to Iran...

You may be on to something here...
Not that they would need any excuse to go there tho...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I don't get it, home made explosives?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a649b4ff1e1b.jpg[/atsimg]

So what some small craft came up real close and detonated? - It really doesn't look much like that to me... Maybe, maybe someone on board was able to lower the explosives over the side... It just looks like a shipping version of a fender bender to me.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Huh
,. so after all this bantering back and forth here on ATS of what is was , it turns out to be what MOST of us thought it was?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Juanxlink

If you were setting off to sea in a small dinghy laden with explosives, to try and blow up an oil tanker in the Straits of Hormuz, you would probably set sail from Iran........

That's the logic that will undoubtedly be put to use in this case. No doubt some body parts will wash ashore somewhere soon to confirm the story.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Juanxlink

Yeah actually, they do need excuses. The world is onto the game. They need a false flag as an excuse to attack Syria or Iran. This may have been one gone bad...from one party or another.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Since Radical Muslims follow a strict interpretation of the Koran, maybe a group of these Radicals, following certain passages in the Koran that tells them to kill infidels; maybe Muslims are against Japanese because the Japanese are . . . i don't know, maybe non-Muslims who are America's allies.

I mean, no, no one hates America. No Arab would ever want to blow himself up to kill American allies.

Those videos of thousands of Radical Muslims screaming "Death to America" are fake! ALL the terrorist attacks were false flag attacks! Islam is a religion of peace! That is why Saudi Arabia and Somalia, the MOST extreme Muslims countries are the most peaceful & free, and tolerant and innocent.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueOrb

If you were setting off to sea in a small dinghy laden with explosives, to try and blow up an oil tanker in the Straits of Hormuz, you would probably set sail from Iran........

I agree, I just mentioned that in another thread.

A small dhow is hard to pickup on radar (made of wood), cheap, and easy to mass produce.

Iran is fond of 'asymmetrical warfare', and I think hundreds (or even thousands!) of these would qualify as 'asymmetrical'.

I commented that this could be a message to the West.

Move, and counter move.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
well assuming some did this intentionally i say we just igge it.
after all if it was a attack they failed heck only one guy even hert and it doesnt say he was hert bad even.
besides a explosion??? were are any BURN marks??????
lets not give them attention on a failed attempt if tahts what it was

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
How predictable. Gotta keep the fear high, especially when you are a broke UAE needing outside help to prop up your newly swollen infrastructure.

Nothing to see here. Just more PTB trying to drum up fear.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Maybe these people were from the same bombmaking class as the man from times square a while back. If these were from Al queda then they really have been slipping on the bomb making lately. Still to many unanswered questions on this situation.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

You cannot rule out Saudi Arabia either. There seems to be a few radicals from there also. Saudi Arabia would be a good spot to come from,because they could slide in and out fairly easily.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

lol Or the guys that left the gas cylinders outside that London night club and then headed up Scotland to ram the airport

Yhea I see what you mean, idiots breeding idiots... They are just, ironing out the wrinkles in their plans - I would suggest not so much of an emphasis on suicide bombing... It's not like they can go on and pass hints and tips on to the new comers!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
its not confirmed this was a terror attack, one of them just said they did it, and waited a month to do it? why would they wait?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bettermakings

Of course terrorist and terrorist attacks are real, and yes many people hate America and it's allies...they have very good reasons to no matter what your view is on how they show that anger. As they say, terrorism is the war of the poor and war is the terrorism of the rich... The damage looks minimal, pretty poor attempt if you ask me. Oh and terrorist groups routinely claim responsibility for attacks they did not commit just too boost morale and hopefully get more recruits ...so that is a possibility, weird that Bin laden denied having anything to do with 9/11 when we think of that.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
So was the BP thing a terror attack too? And the Michigan spill?

However it is indeed odd how these things are happening all within such a close time frame.

... a little too odd.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Could the possible motive behind the attack be one of creating a climate of uncertainty and fear in the oil-futures trading market to create a quick profit?

With an uncertain economic climate and what were previously considered rock-solid investments now being shunned, the few commodities that you could consider 'life essentials' such oil and food will always guarantee a return

The problem is, is that currently, the price of oil per barrel has fallen to the point that OPEC members have recently reigned in production to maintain a price in a profitable zone (around the $75 p.b mark at present)

But what if you could buy a whole portfolio of oil-futures and then create an incident that would shake that market confidence and increase the price per contract being held?

Does that sound plausible?

[edit on 6-8-2010 by citizen smith]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join