It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official BTS Fantasy Football League Comp 2010

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Modern Americana
How does the point system work for them? It would be a lot harder to get points with them than offensive players.

Tackles, sacks, interceptions are the main ones. It would be standard, nothing extreme. I figured maybe we try it out for a year, see how we like it, then we can always go back if we don't like it, or expand on it if we do like it.

I'm sure we all know 5 to 6 defensive players we can pick up. It wouldn't be that hard to manage.

Originally posted by Modern Americana
There might not even be a season next year.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

We're in different divisions...

I'm going for .500 and the hope that Mathews reaches the hype and Big Ben comes back with a resounding 'HooWha'...

The Aussie Thunder will likely be more akin to a sneezing mouse from two miles away when the soundtrack is replayed...as in, "Sorry, couldn't hear ya, Mate".

I'd send him a martini if I could though...if that counts...a watered down Martini...

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

You're in the same division as the Snakes though. Oz is playing the Snakes. If both you and Oz win you would move up to be tied for third with the Snakes.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I'm looking ahead to when I trounce the division and give Modern Acadamia a much needed loss...

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Modern Americana*. Wrong member.

You can pass him all you want, but it will be for second place. I'm re-claiming what is rightfully mine.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I'm looking ahead to when I trounce the division and give Modern Acadamia a much needed loss...

Kekekeke.

The funny part about that isn't the part that you got my name mixed up with another member, but that you claimed that YOU would be the one to make me lose

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I bridge associations for confusion...what can I say...it's a rhetorical ploy...

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Ah, I just looked at next week's matchup: Modern Americana vs URanus Sleepers.

Too bad it won't be a matchup of the unbeatens.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
ATTENTION!

I am in desperate need of a solid QB for week 7!

Consider everyone but Chris Johnson available for negotiation!
edit on 16-10-2010 by Modern Americana because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Modern Americana

I would consider Sanchez plus one or two others for Benjarvis...

Hakeem and Mathews are off the table though...Big Ben needs some consideration on both parts...he has yet to prove himself this season...

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Sanchez is on a bye next week, he doesn't help me at all

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Details...

I didn't note that in the context...sorriez...Want to wait and see what Ben does this week before revisiting the idea...?

BenJarvis is a human I am interested in...and I do think Sanchez is solid (not for the uber win...but...)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I will watch Big Ben this week and see. If he does exceptionally well, I will trade for him.

If he doesn't meet the high standards that are in place for my beastly wonder team, then...

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Two more ideas for next season:

- Keeper League. Everyone would get to keep a certain number of players from their current roster and transfer them to next year's roster. This is optional even if I set the league to this, and obviously only applies to teams that are coming back next year. I'm not set on this. But if I did set it this way, I would only set it so you could keep one player at the most.

- Auction Free Agency. Teams would have a budget and they could bid on free agents when there are multiple teams going after the same guy. This would replace the waiver order system and would give everyone an equal chance at a free agent, whether they're a good or bad team, and would also require strategy to manage your budget.

I'm documenting these ideas here not just for feedback but also so I don't forget them since next season is a long way away.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I'm against the Keeper League idea...takes the fun out of the draft...

The second idea I think would be awesome...

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I'm against the Keeper League idea...takes the fun out of the draft...

I'm not too fond of it either, and for the same reason as you. I figured I'd throw it out there to see what people think, though.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

And why you think Modern Americana is going to loose this week? Because obviously I'm not...

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Oh but you are, my friend. You are.

Is there anyone not satisfied with their quarterback situation that has decent running backs who is interested in a trade for Kyle Orton? I don't know why you people are avoiding him like the plague but in case you haven't looked at the stats he's the #3 quarterback so far this year in points. So only two of you have had a more productive quarterback than my back-up. If you need a quarterback, and you have decent running backs, propose a trade to me.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I'm going for .500 and the hope that Mathews reaches the hype and Big Ben comes back with a resounding 'HooWha'...

The Aussie Thunder will likely be more akin to a sneezing mouse from two miles away when the soundtrack is replayed...as in, "Sorry, couldn't hear ya, Mate".

I'd send him a martini if I could though...if that counts...a watered down Martini...

What?

You claim that I will get beaten, yet you put all your faith into Big Ben and Ryan Matthews.....are you on something?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Im totally against the keeper league as well....although usually my players get better when I dont pick them up every year.

Defense players I like though. I think we should try it for a year and see how it goes

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join