It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official BTS Fantasy Football League Comp 2010

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
IMPORTANT!!! PLEASE READ!!!

This is a proposal for a new rule. It will require a majority vote - seven votes - in order to pass.

The new rule will be: In the event of a tie, rather than the game remaining a tie or a random method being used to break the tie, the team with the most bench points will win the game. This tie-breaking method will be used whether the teams involved agree to it or not.

Please vote "Yes" if you would like this method to be used or "No" if you would not.

If this rule passes, it IS NOT retroactive to include ties that have already been broken. In other words, the two ties this season will not apply to this rule if it passes.

I vote yes.

edit on 10/13/2010 by PETROLCOIN because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

Since my bench is so awesome
...sure why not. Yes.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Agreed...

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I will vote no on this but will offer another solution... The team that has the player with the highest score on the ACTIVE ROSTER wins... If there is a tie with the highest score then go to the next highest until you find a tiebreaker... If none is found then you go to highest score from bench players.

My rationale behind it is that not everyone or at least me feel the need of having a full roster any given week plus with the bye weeks one team might have one, two even three players on bye and the other team might have more "active" players even if they are not on the active roster that week.

In addition I feel FF is a test for your knowledge of the game and if you decide not to start a player on any given week you shouldn't been rewarded just because you have it on your bench. If you felt the player was going to contribute you should have started him in the first place....
edit on 13-10-2010 by Bunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Okay, here's the new rule:

In the event of a tie, the team with the highest starting scorer wins. In the event of highest starting scorers with an equal amount of points, the team with the most bench points wins. In the event of a tie with the bench points, a coin flip is done with the away team being heads and the home team being tails. Whoever the ultimate winner is will be awarded a single point and the win.

This rule is retroactive back to the beginning of the first season. All four ties in the league's history will be resolved. This rule does not require a vote and is effective immediately.

Ties in League History and the Final Results

Game: Week 3 of 2008 Regular Season - Cuba Raft Riders vs Team Jennings
Final Score: 76-76

FIRST TIEBREAKER - High Scorers
Cuba Raft Riders: LaDainian Tomlinson: 20 points
Team Jennings: Drew Brees: 20 points

SECOND TIEBREAKER - Bench Points
Cuba Raft Riders: 53 points
Team Jennings: 41 points

Result
The Cuba Raft Riders win. Previous final standings were 9-4-1 for both teams. Team Jennings held the tie-breaker and won the division. As a result of the tie-breaker, the Cuba Raft Riders move up to 10-4 and win the division. Team Jennings drops to 9-5.

Game: Week 12 of 2009 Regular Season - URanus Sleepers vs Aussie Thunder
Final Score: 87-87

URanus Sleepers: Jamaal Charles: 24 points
Aussie Thunder: Fred Jackson: 29 points

Result
The Aussie Thunder win. Previous final standings were 7-6-1 for the URanus Sleepers and 2-11-1 for Aussie Thunder. As a result of the tie-breaker, the Aussie Thunder move up to 3-11. The URanus Sleepers drop to 7-7.

Game: Week 1 of 2010 Regular Season - Cuba Raft Riders vs Modern Americana
Final Score: 76-76

Cuba Raft Riders: Greg Jennings: 14 points
Modern Americana: Chris Johnson: 26 points

Result
The Modern Americana win.

Game: Week 4 of 2010 Regular Season - Sardis Snakes vs Crestline MemoryShock
Final Score: 85-85

Sardis Snakes: Maurice Jones-Drew: 23 points
Crestline MemoryShock: Reggie Wayne: 17 points

Result
The Sardis Snakes win.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I disagree with the ench rule

What happens if someone benches their players due to a short term injury or a bye week?
edit on 14/10/2010 by OzWeatherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

He came up with a better plan. Read the really long one right before yours.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Anyone want to trade?

I am looking for a solid flex play, preferrably a returner.

I am liking McCluster right now, but I am open to others.

The only people that are off limits on my team at this point are Chris Johnson, Malcom Floyd, LT, and Matt Schaub.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Modern Americana

Why is Schaub off limits? My back-up has performed better than him.

I have six return guys. But I'm looking for a running back.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I'm thinking of making some changes to our league next season. None of these are final, but I am considering them to change up the league a bit and create higher scoring games. Here are a few of those potential changes:

- Reduce the number of teams in the league from 12 to 10 or 8. (Requires 2-4 teams not re-joining the league or not being invited back. I will not remove players who have participated this season and would like to re-join next season.)

- Add Head Coach spot to the starting roster. You could draft and start an NFL head coach. For example: Lets say you draft Sean Payton of the New Orleans Saints. You would get points if the Saints won that week, points based on how many points they scored that week etc.

- Add Offensive Player Utility spots to the starting roster to use for kick and punt returners (or if you want to use them for other players you can do that to), rather than these players taking up starting Running Back and Wide Receiver positions.

- Add Defensive Line, Linebacker, and Defensive Back spots to the starting roster instead of Team Defense to increase the level of strategy and knowledge involved.

- Add Defense Player Utility spots to the starting roster to use for those kick and punt returners (or, again, if you want to use them for other players you can do that to) who play defense and are not currently available to use on our current roster format.

- Adjust the scoring settings. Add some scoring categories and boost existing ones. Including adding a "home-field advantage" where the home team would get an additional amount of points (between 1 and 5, I'm not sure yet).

- Regular Season and Post-Season schedule changes IF we go to an 8 team league. If we go to an 8 team league, four teams would make the playoffs. The playoff format would most likely remain one week per round. If that happens, I will keep the regular season length at 14 weeks. That means everyone would play each other twice. If we go to a 10 team league, the current schedule format would remain unchanged.

Feel free to give your input on these proposed changes to next season as long as you have an interest in re-joining.
edit on 10/14/2010 by PETROLCOIN because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'm going out on a limb and predicting a major win this week...Big Ben is back and now the season just got serious...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
In one of my other leagues, the two remaining undefeated teams are having at it

The bad thing is... his team looks better than mine on paper.

I am projected to lose by like 3 or something... I think the score is projected 130-127

edit on 14-10-2010 by Modern Americana because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Unfortunately for Bunch, his reign of undefeatedness has to come to an end this week.

Sorry, man. 5-1 will just have to do until next Sunday.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

It's weird because I feel I'm going go have my best week of the young season... Which typically means on FF that I'm going to suck!!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Anyone have any opinions on the proposed changes for next season?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The head coach option sounds interesting, but I don't know if I would want it.

The defensive players would get too complicated.

But the reducing the teams would be a good thing if it comes to that. More points, yeah, but there will be better players for all and the teams, in theory, will be more balanced.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Modern Americana
The defensive players would get too complicated.

It wouldn't be anything outrageous. Probably something like 2 at each of the three positions. Or 2-1-2. No more than six total.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

How does the point system work for them? It would be a lot harder to get points with them than offensive players.

There might not even be a season next year. The players union is holding out on the owners. They want more money.
edit on 16-10-2010 by Modern Americana because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I like the changes...Think it up!!!

And I am going out on a limb and predicting another bad week for the OZ man...sorry Bro...your team sucks...

Where's the Smack Talk?!?!?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Where's the Smack Talk?!?!?

I already told Bunch his streak ends this week.

I predict a win for the Oz man. I smell an upset. Not just because the Snakes are right on my ass and I'd like a cushion for when I win this week, but because I can just feel it. This is his breakout week!

You should be on the Thunder bandwagon this week too. If you and Oz win this week you'd be tied for third in the division.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join