I'm thinking of making some changes to our league next season. None of these are final, but I am considering them to change up the league a bit and
create higher scoring games. Here are a few of those potential changes:
- Reduce the number of teams in the league from 12 to 10 or 8. (Requires 2-4 teams not re-joining the league or not being invited back. I will not
remove players who have participated this season and would like to re-join next season.)
- Add Head Coach spot to the starting roster. You could draft and start an NFL head coach. For example: Lets say you draft Sean Payton of the New
Orleans Saints. You would get points if the Saints won that week, points based on how many points they scored that week etc.
- Add Offensive Player Utility spots to the starting roster to use for kick and punt returners (or if you want to use them for other players you can
do that to), rather than these players taking up starting Running Back and Wide Receiver positions.
- Add Defensive Line, Linebacker, and Defensive Back spots to the starting roster instead of Team Defense to increase the level of strategy and
- Add Defense Player Utility spots to the starting roster to use for those kick and punt returners (or, again, if you want to use them for other
players you can do that to) who play defense and are not currently available to use on our current roster format.
- Adjust the scoring settings. Add some scoring categories and boost existing ones. Including adding a "home-field advantage" where the home team
would get an additional amount of points (between 1 and 5, I'm not sure yet).
- Regular Season and Post-Season schedule changes IF we go to an 8 team league. If we go to an 8 team league, four teams would make the playoffs. The
playoff format would most likely remain one week per round. If that happens, I will keep the regular season length at 14 weeks. That means everyone
would play each other twice. If we go to a 10 team league, the current schedule format would remain unchanged.
Feel free to give your input on these proposed changes to next season as long as you have an interest in re-joining.
edit on 10/14/2010 by
PETROLCOIN because: (no reason given)