It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official BTS Fantasy Football League Comp 2010

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

There are 12 teams this year. There were 10 last year. The talent is spread thin.

We saw this in our first season too when there were 12 teams. Two teams finished with under 1,000 points for the season, and only one team scored more than 1,300 points. Last season with 10 teams, only one team finished with under 1,000 points and three finished with more than 1,300 points, with one team (you) finishing a point shy of 1,300.

The average season point totals tell it all:

2008: 1098
2009: 1213

We score more points when there are less teams.

I say we go with an 8 team league next year, as long as a few people drop out or are kicked out. I'm not going to kick active people out. But if we could get that, especially if we keep kick and punt return yards in, we will see the highest scores we've ever seen.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Hey guys,

I just finished compiling all of the league records and all-time standings. They do not include this year, although the new teams are listed on the standings, and they will not include this year until it ends.

PLEASE take a look at this. I've been working on this for about a week, so at least take a look:

ATS Fantasy Football League All-Time Standings, Statistics, and Records!

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

I didn't thought about it but you make a good point about having a 12 team league. Talent is scarce specially when key players get hurt.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Can you post it here?

Not a one liner... Jejejeje

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
These are my records for my three teams (assuming nothing dramatic happens on Monday):

Modern Americana: 5-0
My Poop Is Ronnie'N'Brown: 5-0
Houston MegaGeckos: 1-4

I completely give up on that last team. Injuries have plagued it, and luck is as much in my favor on that team as it is for Aussie in this league.

The other two teams I have are great, though. Looking forward to going 6-0 for both next week.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

It's too long. I made it so people don't have to sign in to Google or need an account to view. If it's asking for you to sign in let me know so I can check the settings.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Modern Americana

I went 1-2 this week. That makes me 3-2 in two leagues and 2-3 in another. My teams all suck.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   

It is.... That's why I'm asking...

N.A.O.L

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jwstarry
picking up the Bears D this week really helped me

Guess who dropped the Bears this week

Screw you cowgirls....and Tony Homo

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

I have it set so that everyone can view without signing-in. I've tested it myself by signing out and it let me view it.

I reset the link. Try this one: ATS Fantasy Football League All-Time Standings, Statistics, and Records!

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Up by 14 this week and I still have Sanchez tonight...I think it is safe to say that I have a clear win this week...

My other league has me at an 89-88 advantage with no one playing tonight...and the other guy has 2...Peyton screwed me over this week by only scoring 7...meh...

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I need a good running back. Is anyone interested in a trade? I'm serious about getting this done so consider all my players available. Let me know if you have any offers.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I would consider giving up on Ryan Mathews if you want to gamble on his hype actually coming to fruition...

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I can give you Michael bush for colston....

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I'm willing to gamble. I don't have much choice.

I propose Ronnie Brown for Ryan Matthews. I'm willing to negotiate, but not much since Ryan Matthews is a gamble.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

That's fine. I proposed it.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Done.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS!

The regular season schedule has been changed from 11 games to 14 games. This is so it can be consistent with the previous two seasons in our league's history.

Since the league would not automatically create matchups for weeks 12, 13, and 14, and instead assigned us all to bye weeks those three weeks, I manually created the matchups. The matchups are exactly the same as weeks 1, 2, and 3, except that the home teams from the first three weeks are now the away teams, and vice versa (not that home and away have any effect on our games anyway). I did it this way because that is how it was done in 2008, which was also a 12 team league with a 14 game season.

The playoff teams have been reduced from 8 to 6 to also be consistent with the previous two seasons. It will be a three round playoff (weeks 15, 16, and 17 in the NFL). Each matchup will be one week, not two. The top two teams in the league will have an automatic bye week in week 15, consistent with the previous two seasons as well.

Also, the trade deadline has been moved from November 10th to November 3rd. That is two days after the completion of week 8. We are now entering week 6. Any trades you want to do MUST be submitted by November 3rd, otherwise the system will not allow you to trade.

And one additional note, I updated the statistics and records on that Google Documents link to include this season's numbers so far. I will be updating them every week so that I don't have a ton of work to do after the season ends. Here is the link again: ATS Fantasy Football

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

In the future maybe the "home/away" could be used to break ties in weekly matchups instead of whatever random method is used....Home team gets the tiebreaker.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Boognish

That's one of the options it offers to break ties, but in my opinion, it's more iffy and a worse form of tiebreaking than methods like coin flips since the home and away truly have no bearing on fantasy sports.

There is another method though that could be used that ESPN does not offer as an option but that I could enforce myself if everyone agreed to it. That is bench points being the tiebreaker. The one with the most bench points will get an extra point and it will break the tie.

I will call a vote on it. Since not alot of people participate in the polls on the league, it will have to be done here.
edit on 10/13/2010 by PETROLCOIN because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join