It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US foreign aid to subsidize outsourced jobs in South Asia

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
this is horribly upsetting. This happened a few years back with Carly Fiorina running HP computers into the ground, outsourcing a great deal of their staff out of the country.

and now this idiot is running for senate in my state! Just what CA needs, another pisspoor ceo in charge of taxpayer money

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
No shock here. The banks run the show. They don't care about where they get their gold. It only matters that they get all of it they can. Why do you think we use paper backed by nothing instead of it being backed by gold. If it was backed by gold the people would own it instead of the banks.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It is definitely upsetting to read these reports, however everything makes more sense if you realize what we have is not a government but a corporation.
if you owned a business you would want to maximize profits. THAT is priority number one. Next comes feeding the starving stomachs, taking care of country, economy etc etc. The "corporation" does not care about you and me.
Why they see sense in this:

1) Excess population - if one worker quits, easily replaceable.
2) Skilled labor for cheap - they are looking to get quality work at a lower cost.
3) PAY - if we think they are stealing our jobs, probably, but most folks get paid peanuts. The corporations employ close to 6-8 people for the wages of 1 employee in the US. (approximately) it gets worse. In lesser developed countries, like Malaysia & Sri Lanka, they can hire like 10 - 12 guys!!!

do the math. the corporation cares about its profits. money. MONEY.
GIMME MORE!!!!!

also, unlike one reader posted, the security is extremely high. no one but the top level management (who are American/British citizens) have ANY kind of access to crucial information/material. these guys are made to feel all high & great, where they really are just almost the same as the regular folks.

the NWO/Pyramid structure is visible EVERYWHERE!!!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
It is pretty crazy when you think about it...

Does the United States receive foreign aid? I would suppose not... silly question probably.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by worlds_away]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Outsourcing is merely an economic food chain. Many people Romania worked in foreign companies for minimal wages (something like 300 eur a month) but after they got integrated into EU they outsource themselves. So for example, you have UK outsourcing Romania who then outsources Ukraine who in turn outsources Chinese emigrants. It all depends on how bad their "economy" is. Although it doesn't seem to have any sense, it is the truth, that's how global economy works, by exploiting the poorest.

Frankly I don't think anyone devised or planned it at all, it is a bastard child of monetary system corruption. An unholy offspring between banking cartels and corrupt foreign governments. If you have a company, it is always better to have a Chinese employee doing the job for 150e a month than UK guy for 2000e a month. Especially if Chinese guy can actually do it. But if a Somali guy will do it for 12e a month then you hit the jackpot. As a bonus, you've stalled your country's economic collapse by earning ridiculous amounts of money through this system of slavery.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

I'm pretty sure we were there first.

In the 1980s Reagan started killing our unions and the first manufacturing jobs went out of the country.

In the early 1990s our technology jobs started going offshore in earnest and manufacturing continued to leave.

People affected made noise but guess what? No one cared. It wasn't happening to them. They were never going to be affected. Mmmmhmmm.

reply to post by SassyCat

Oh yes they did devise it. I saw the documents. Wish I had saved them. These were charts from 5 fortune 500 companies, Microsoft and IBM included. They planned the layoffs in small chunks to fly under the government radar and so that chances of people noticing the trends were less.

Oh yes indeedy...they planned it. And much more.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by worlds_away
It is pretty crazy when you think about it...

Does the United States receive foreign aid? I would suppose not... silly question probably.

It is crazy, but yes you receive aid in form of men making iPods for food, water and basic shelter. I bet you don't even want iPod but millions would disagree

You fought for your rights against greedy corporations, so they simply moved somewhere else, where there are still no rights. You just can't win... Where there is land fertile for corruption they will plant their seeds and nourish it.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
As long as international banking cartels and transnational corporations are able to line the pockets of our legislatures in congress the collapse of our middle class will continue by enties whose profit movtives boarder on sociopathic tendancies in regards to the well being of human labor, job market economies and more specifically our national interest.

The end result will be an elite class and the rest of us useless eaters only counting as consumer units when it involves their profits.

Whether this is planned or just the envitable struggle of greed/power the result will be the same.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Of course our government is borrowing money from their favorite bankster theives to add to our national debt that is too high to pay right now to creat jobs! in India! It is time to end the FED, seize the gangsters assets and put the country back on a sound money, transparent government course.And end the thieves' forever WAR.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by m khan]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Maybe, just to make it look even worse, they can send over some illegal immigrants from Mexico to participate in this English language program to make them more employable inside the United States?

Of course, it would all be at the US taxpayers' expense, while many taxpayers are out of work and being refused benefits and retraining.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Outsource = temporary foreign slave labor until they have to outsource, from outsourced country, to yet another poorer country to continue to provide a higher profit margin. In turn selling produced product to the once strong nation's citizens to further decline their economy through sales of "cheap" prices without stating how much is being made through various fiat systems.

I'm sick and tired of all this outsourcing. Hell they even have a movie called "Outsourced" trying to get us to actually think it's funny in real life. (the movie actually is funny, but doesn't work it's propaganda on me)

We are at war people. This is a different kind of war. It's mainly through economics for the beginning of this war. We also have the propaganda war that is being used to brainwash our minds into accepting this facade. It's not working, nor are their drugs in the food/water. It's backfiring. This WILL escalate into a full-blown war in the very near future. They have to push at least a brief depression first. But many of us will not be tricked by this BS. The war will be pushed upon others who are in the same positions as ours. We have to go to war with the global elites.

I'm not calling for war, I'm just saying what most of us are thinking. When the war comes and we are asked to serve our various countries of origin, who are the ones who really want to go to war, the average joe? Hell, no the average joe just wants a good place to live and a good job, etc. It's our so-called leaders who are making these decisions for us. Do they go to the wars of which they start. Nope. They stay behind in their bunkers/holes. So, when they tell us to target the population of the indigenous people in a certain region, you can make a choice to not take those orders and turn around and bomb/snipe/etc. the bankers and their cowardly ways.

That's when they'll pull out project bluebeam. And at that moment is when we stay on course and not be distracted by, yet, another facade.

Hollywood always portrays just one hero in a film/tv show. That is not true at all, one person can make a difference, but to actually make that difference happen, you need everyone who opposes such tyranny to stand together. An array of freedom.

Sorry for the rant guys and gals, I just had a realization in the past couple of days from someone very close to me who has sacrificed so much for us.

I feel unworthy in his presence. What he did, I'm afraid I can't live up to.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
For those of you who say enough is enough and to end outsourcing completely, I hope you enjoy paying WAY more for your products than you currently do.

Your $699 HDTV that is Made in China would likely cost in the THOUSANDS if it was made in the United States, thanks to the huge difference between paying a worker in China, India, Pakistan, Phillipines, Indonesia, etc vs a worker in the USA.

And end to outsourcing would also mean an end to cheap, mass produced consumer products.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
blah blah blah....here we go again. Where was all the crying in 1956?

The American people, through the U.S. Agency for International Development, have provided development and humanitarian assistance in developing countries worldwide for nearly 50 years. Since 1956, USAID/Sri Lanka has invested nearly Rs.230 billion to benefit all the people of Sri Lanka.

US Embassy Sri Lanka

54 years and no one cared until now? Why!? Is it because we're not riding on top of the wave of greed anymore. Instead we are being dragged along the bottom because of George Bush and Dick Cheney.

FYI...we only kicked in 1 billion for this. Private business kicked in another 1 billion. Who spent the other 249 billion over the last 54 years?

Last thought...what part of international development do you not understand in The U.S. Agency for International Development?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

It's not just about stopping the entire outsourcing at once. It's the whole corrupted system we are up against. There is a way we can fix all of this. You don't just abruptly stop it though. And who really cares about the frivolous instant gratification a cheaper price makes. The price is determined on the fiat monetary systems around the world. THAT'S where we need to start. We change the monetary system back to gold/silver standard and give the money back to the people of any nation that does that. EVERYONE and their mother should invest in that currency if a nation does that.

That may, in my opinion, could start a snowball effect. The only country I can actually see this happening is Iceland. It would be great to see my country, USA, do it just because that would be the strongest snowball effect. Anyway, ANY COUNTRY that does this will save their economy first then other people from other countries would invest in it. I said Iceland because they are at full force fighting the banks there. It would be rough at first but then people would catch on then. Gold is a commodity, it's not just just a piece of metal, it's a very good conductor, it has uses other than being currency, THIS is why having any monetary system backed by something is a good idea. Fiat is backed by people I couldn't trust with a glass of water.

We need to reverse engineer this downfall that has been built upon us.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
What you guys should be upset with is big business sitting on a trillion dollars in cash. Yet, small countries like Sri Lanka can find businesses to reinvest in their own country.

U.S. Embassy, has recently forged four new business alliances with Sri Lankan private companies, under USAID's Public/Private Alliance (PPA) Program. These partnerships are expected to create 10,000 full-time jobs in northern Sri Lanka.

Why can't our guys do this for us? Here they are giving away half their money supposedly but they can't form a business alliance with Obama? They can't invest in the OP that started this thread?

Billionaires to give away fortune

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
As someone that used to work Customer Service in a call center this is infuriating!

Want to get a bit madder???

I am on Medicare and got a mailing giving me the names of several insurance companies that do the Medicare Part D coverage cheaper than the one I pay for. I started calling and found only one that used US workers and about 7 with foreigner call centers!

They use tax money for Foreign Aid to steal jobs...
They use tax money for Medicare subsidies to companies that use foreign call centers
They give businesses tax shelters so they can do this outsourcing
They take away jobs from US citizens

So.....how exactly do WE get rid of THEM???????

Really it feels hopeless.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
All the things you guys hate like food stamps, foreign aid, illegal immigrants and other supposeded attacks on the constitution amount to about 5 cents on your tax payer dollar.

Get mad about Defense, Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. That's where all your money goes. That's the other 95 cents you spend on your tax payer dollar.

Get mad about something that actually matters. Then I might listen.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
For those of you who say enough is enough and to end outsourcing completely, I hope you enjoy paying WAY more for your products than you currently do.

Your $699 HDTV that is Made in China would likely cost in the THOUSANDS if it was made in the United States, thanks to the huge difference between paying a worker in China, India, Pakistan, Phillipines, Indonesia, etc vs a worker in the USA.

And end to outsourcing would also mean an end to cheap, mass produced consumer products.

You have just explained why capitalism fails, and everyone with an IQ over 75 can see it.

You cannot have endless profit forever. We take that and combine it with fiat currency and now we have endless profit for the rich and endless debt for everyone else.

Quid pro quo. What do they do when they stop running out of countries to rape an pillage? Probably move off planet. NASA the elites doomsday plan..lol

Regardless it is not about price. They produce stuff cheaper over there so you don't see how devalued your dollar is till its too late. Then you continue to argue for its continued devaluation just to get cheap snip!!! All the while ignoring your fellow countrymens predicament calling them lazy an bums for being on unemployment etc.

They have us at eachothers throats instead of theirs. And by thirds I mean the international banking cartels, wall street, our government in Washington, and corporate heads all working in collusion to rob rape and destroy every decent human being in this country.

Do not blame the unemployed, or bums, or racial issues, or welfare, or Democrats, or Obama, or over regulation, or Muslim terrorists, need I go on? For godsake people just once in your lives put the blame squarely where it belongs, on the aforementioned people. Ignore, yes ignore the things that divide us and lets get about the business of claiming our country.

As for the free market don't make me laugh such a thing never existed nor will nor should exist. 5.1 million ain't hurting a fortune 500 company, puhlease. They spend that on computer systems they don't even use, I know from experience. And anything they pay, the get grant reimbursements for, and guess what even when they dont get reimbursed they write it off!!! They don't pay it ALWAYS FALLS ON THE TAXPAYER.

If these companies lose 1/2 percent profit whose it really hurting anyway? The same elite that hold the majority of the stock run the companies and run the government and can make your 401k nosedive WHENEVER they want while they bet against their own advice or use insider information to sell their shares before any crash. 9/11, Gom disaster, Goldman in the housing crash. Stop defending these people by yelling free market, it is a ploy and y'all have fell for it....hard.

Nothing hurts these people they make money coming and going only we lose. So next time you hear the msm excuse of protectionism or regulation is stifling business spending recognize that is a big fat lie y'all choose to swallow. Me I'd rather spit, right in their face that is!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean

Actually, the majority of our tax-dollars (income tax, anyway) go into paying off the debt incurred by the issuence of our currency (supposed to anyway). As far as the amount divided by the paying population, it doesn't really matter much, especially at a time when our infrastructure is crumbling and our school-boards are deciding which programs to cut. Every American has the right to complain about foreign aid. Furthermore, we have a right to argue against this particular package of foreign aid, as it is not only our money, but also our jobs.

These corporations are reaping all of the benefits of being a US corporation, then benefitting by giving the US tax-payers the finger. The US government needs to stop using our hard-earned money to benefit corporate interests, at our own peril. Had this have happened 200 years ago (or even 120 y/a), a revolution would already be in full swing.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
This is a good reason for most people to start realizing how important it is to go to college and get REAL degrees

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join