It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US foreign aid to subsidize outsourced jobs in South Asia

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by piddles
this is horribly upsetting. This happened a few years back with Carly Fiorina running HP computers into the ground, outsourcing a great deal of their staff out of the country.

and now this idiot is running for senate in my state! Just what CA needs, another pisspoor ceo in charge of taxpayer money
i was apart of that "outsourcing casualty" group. i remember the day i walked into work and heard not 1 keyboard lick, phone ring or tech handling a call. then i got to my cube....empty...like i never worked there. myself and 250 techs got released that day....the entire tech staff at HP north atlanta. good times!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I bet no one gets upset when they are itemizing their deductions every year. That adds to the debt also guys. I don't see anyone getting upset about that. The more money you try to keep from the government through deductions the more the debt increases.

Don't you think it's time you did your part also guys?

So you got the top 1 or 2 percent not even paying their fair share and you got the middle class deducting everything known to man so they don't have to pay their fair share.

Then you come on here blaming illegals and food stamps for your problems. Blame something that makes up pennies on the dollar?

Unreal....

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
No one is putting a gun to these guys heads to outsource jobs. They do it because a buck saved is more important than you are.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Mammoth 2009 tax deduction and credit list

If you guys were really serious then you would take no deductions this year.

That stuff adds to the debt also guys. But this mammoth list was designed to get your vote. And it worked didn't it?

Quit focusing on the small picture and focus the big picture.

PS...what was the plan to pay off the 10 trillion Bush ran up? I don't recall the GOP coming up with some kind of blueprint like they have now. And if they come into power this November then they will flip the script and call the Dem's obstructionist.

We are all fools.... I'd rather run up debt for something rather than nothing. At least health care is something. We got nothing under the GOP.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Animusmors

Hell I'll stand with you, I've had about all I can take.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Eventually they are going to outsource the CEOs as well. You know that is what foreign companies want to do. Then the super rich are going to realize what fools they are being.

This was created by the Free Market communist ideology, not by government regulations.

Goods and services that cross state and national boundaries should be primarily funding the federal government. That is the real problem, working people and small businesses are paying taxes that primarily either directly go overseas, or are spent dealing with goods and services that cross state and national boundaries, which those who work locally should not have to pay for.

Not to mention, if anyone has been paying attention, technology stopped going forward a little less than a decade ago. Software is getting worse, not better.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I think that the reason that software seems to be getting worse, is that it is being modeled for more profitability, rather than more practicality. With that being said, some software is getting much better, though simply due to the available technology.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

if people want to save america

and actually stop foreign aid and outsourcing

start telling the feds no
start telling unions no

the only purpose for a union isnt the betterman of the employees
its about the redistribution of wealth from the so called evil rich to the union
not the people proof of this is easily seen)
start telling the fed u have taxed andd regualted enough.

the outsourcing of the defense industry needs to stop

that one industry alone can save this country and that industry is a multi trillion dollar industry.....

that will create real jobs high paying jobs and jobs for the most part will never go away....

other posters hit the nail on the head people need to start learning english in this country.

my thoughts feel free to disagree

[edit on 9-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean
I bet no one gets upset when they are itemizing their deductions every year. That adds to the debt also guys.

Don't you think it's time you did your part also guys?

The problem isn't so much with us wanting to keep some of our money.

It is with the money-grubbing scum that we elect to represent us in Washington DC.

If we could actually cut the purse strings, meaning keep all of our money, you would see very quickly what brings the scum to Washington to 'represent' us.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
For those of you who say enough is enough and to end outsourcing completely, I hope you enjoy paying WAY more for your products than you currently do.

Your $699 HDTV that is Made in China would likely cost in the THOUSANDS if it was made in the United States, thanks to the huge difference between paying a worker in China, India, Pakistan, Phillipines, Indonesia, etc vs a worker in the USA.

And end to outsourcing would also mean an end to cheap, mass produced consumer products.

This is true and not true in at the same time. The working class could make a living in their manufacturing jobs, it was hard it took time but the quality of life was good.

We save nothing by having those products made offshore at all the corporations do. Even when the first jobs went offshore the prices did not come down and if they did it was only marginally. It was a scam to make corporations more money period. the savings the corporations received did not result in lower prices they resulted in corporate profits increasing.

There was once a man that changed America by proving that if you treated and paid your labor well, while the corporation took in an honest profit the country as a whole would benefit. I like to call it the maximum sustainable profit, it perpetuates itself by keeping the fountain of money flowing from one pool to the next. It isn't flashy, it isn't get rich quick, it is however healthy and stable.

What we have now is a bunch of corporations that are only after the maximum amount of profit possibly attainable. It is unsustainable because the pool at the top keeps getting larger and larger effectively causing the pools below it to dry up until there is nothing left.

Do working Americans demand higher wages than other places? Certainly, but if you give them a livable wage and reasonable benefits they will for the most part be satisfied. Everyone wants to make more money its the nature of the beast, and in part the unions caused a substantial portion of this mess by taking valid points of concern and taking them way too far.

Corporations can whine and complain our environmental standards are to high, and in some cases they are probably right, but they wouldn't have to be so high if they could be trusted to do the responsible thing instead of cutting corners at every chance. All the money in the world wont do you a bit of good if it becomes inhabitable because you were busy getting all you could without considering the impact your actions would have.

They can complain that our safety standards are too high. Yeah because somehow the few dollars you saved were somehow worth someone else's health, limbs or God forbid life. But that's profit baby. Why not save them the trouble and start sawing our limbs off before we get the job that way they do not have to worry about it?

They can whine and complain that Americans want too much money, but the truth is for the most part they just want to make a decent livable wage. They want to know that if they put in years of hard work and dedicate themselves to their job, it isn't going to close its doors send their jobs away a few short years before they can finally retire, leaving them in the cold, too old and too many bills that a stable income caused them to take on to start all over again. No one is going to want to hire the guys that were about to retire at a wage they can afford to take.

We were told NAFTA would bring Mexican corporations here to manufacture their goods, but how could they possibly do so? Even with the incentives the Mexican Government could give to encourage them to do so they could never pay the American worker a living wage because the disparity in the standards of living between the two nations. We do not have these issues with Canada because the two share a relatively similar standard of life.

It is the same with every other nation we have established trade agreements with over the last 20 years. Ever wonder why we keep making them with the Third World when clearly it is proven they never work out to our benefit at all? It is all about making those profit margins as wide as they possibly can. The only Americans that benefit from these agreements are the ones at the top, and now they are starting to get nervous because even they know it is not sustainable.

And yes while we may not get the cheapest price, at this point it is time we realize that the cheapest price possible is not always the best thing and have to start looking at what is the fair price, what is the fair amount of profit and what is the fair wage to manufacture the product. There is a difference and this country once understood this, we once prospered from knowing it.

People could afford to buy T.V.'s, Refrigerators, Stoves, Washers and Dryers. Before they shipped our jobs off, yet somehow you expect us to believe that if we were to get our manufacturing back that all of a sudden everything would cost too much? You are probably right but that has less to do with the workers demands and more to do with the greed of those that call the shots. Do not get me wrong the guys at the top should be making more than those under them, but it should not be anywhere as near disproportionate as it is now.

[edit on 8/10/2010 by Jovi1]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Davy Jones
This is a good reason for most people to start realizing how important it is to go to college and get REAL degrees

And quite clearly you just do not get it. A REAL degree is just as worthless as not having one. Without a decently paid labor class you will get nowhere the flow of money stalls. Who are you going to manage when there are no workers able to buy things? How many houses can you design that the Walmart employee can afford? How many patients are you going to be able to treat without getting paid?

Would you be willing to take a paycut so you can service the minimum wage earning worker class? Would you be willing to pay higher taxes so that the broken middle working class can get a REAL degree? What would you suggest they do when after about a decade all the "Service" industry jobs are filled, because these people went out and got a REAL degree or will it be enough when you have to have a Masters to beat out the competition for the Walmart checkout clerk job?

Unfortunately there has to be a working class capable of earning a living wage, not everyone can be the man at the top. Not everyone has the desire to be at the top and not everyone has the ability to be at the top. To act as if a degree somehow makes you more qualified than the guy who has been on the job for 10 or even 15 years is foolhardy at best.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join