It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out of sight, Out of Mind - Disturbing discovery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Disturbing discovery of crabs filled with black substance

A pair of fishermen in Mississippi made an alarming discovery that has many wondering what's happening below the surface in the Gulf of Mexico. They found several full-sized crabs filled with some sort of black substance. While it's tough to find oil on the surface along the beaches in Mississippi, Hancock County EMA director, Brian Adam said oil is there, you just can't see it.

Source

Just because it is not seen on the surface, does not mean it's not still there. I think we need to see more reports like this from Gulf Area news stations. It is very telling as to the real situation for some of these areas.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

I just don't think we've even touched the beginning of this disaster. Common sense says that it will take months to years to see a new generation of sea life recover from the poison. And will they be able to reproduce the poison out of themselves without mutations, is a question.

This story will go nowhere, too dangerous to industry.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Sunny Dee, you are so right. The industry does not want to story to spread AND the sheeple are tired of it. They are happy that the oil leak has been stop, happy that the victims are being compensated (yeah,right) and please that BP is the bad company and will be punished (sure).
My cynicism is from seeing individuals in positions of power and companies not be held to account for what they've done such as: the Mustang horse tragedy, the Union Carbide disaster in India and Exxon Valdez countless other incidents and accidents we aren't told about.

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I am no genius.

the dispersent is designed to break down oil and sink it.

the dispersent changes the composition of oil, allowing it to be integrated into flesh versus flushed by a system as it would naturally be.

Crabs are bottom feeders. Oil sank to the bottom.

I guess this logic is reasonable considering what the story is reporting.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
Disturbing discovery of crabs filled with black substance

A pair of fishermen in Mississippi made an alarming discovery that has many wondering what's happening below the surface in the Gulf of Mexico. They found several full-sized crabs filled with some sort of black substance. While it's tough to find oil on the surface along the beaches in Mississippi, Hancock County EMA director, Brian Adam said oil is there, you just can't see it.

Source

Just because it is not seen on the surface, does not mean it's not still there. I think we need to see more reports like this from Gulf Area news stations. It is very telling as to the real situation for some of these areas.

Hopes and prays some wondering person doesnt eat some of the sealife from down there. You know like a person who lives of land somehow and just injest a corexit radioactive oil fill creature..... Hopes not...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Reeeeelax...the same people who lied to you about how much oil there was in the first place, just announced there are no oil plumes...

See?

All fixed...

God bless the global elite.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
BP Under Investigation For Trying To Silence Gulf Oil Spill Scientists

Snippet
[The Congressional committee has given BP two weeks to turn over any contracts and related that BP has entered into with Gulf scientists.

The scope of the documents that Congress is demanding from BP includes any contracts executed with any third party consultant, scientist, or academic relating to assessing the environmental and health impacts of the oil spill as well as restoration efforts.]

This will be interesting to see if they any collected data we haven't seen or know about.

SOURCE ______beforeitsnews/story/126/102/BP_Under_Investigation_For_Trying_To_Silence_Gulf_Oil_Spill_Scientists.html

Ektar

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Know what I love seafood, I love sushi, but...

Starting a few weeks ago I swore seafood off for this very reason. If it isn't arctic salmon out of a can I'm pretty much leaving it alone.

Right now and at least for awhile canned seafood is the safest till the older stuff runs out.

I would suggest abstaining lest you like corexit for seasoning.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by ISHAMAGI]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Ugggh...gives a whole new meaning to "blackened" seafood. I hope this is somewhat an isolated event but we will probably see more of this. I bet there is more of this with the other bottom feeders too like flounder, kroker and even some reds.
I look forward to some more local perspective.

Peace

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I understand that the gulf is a small area in comparison to the oceans, But between the dispersants and the oil, I am loosing interest in all forms of seafood.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Who are you going to believe, FOX, the 'most powerful name in news', or 'a couple of fishermen'? lol

Enough of this ats doomsday scenario. It sounds as if everyone wants a job doing 'clean up', when the EPA has bigger fish to fry. They are now looking for landholders who have exposed dirt or loose gravel on their property. Listen here~the government has enough to worry about besides imaginary oil.

www.foxbusiness.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
again, my question is this...

Why NOW was the static kill successful?

Did it not fail completely before. And now, just before the relief wells are finished, they decide to try it again and magically it works?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by docpoco

well the Oil is leaking from all over now.
so no pressuer.

it will be two years before we see all of the horrors to come.
humans will eat some of it.
and I bet they give othere sea foods to animals.
like cows! they we eat the cows.

I use't to love tuna in oil.
but NOT thet Oil.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by docpoco

Well from my understanding.,
before they couldnt get the material into the well cause it was gushing out. Making it impossible to create a flow into to damaged well head.
and with the new cap capable of sealing, they were able to connect the pumping equipment to the current head and force the material that would seal it into the well tube,. then creating the plug.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Even the news stations are seeming to question the oil numbers not adding up. Apparently now the government is trying to tell people the oil that disappeared, both was dispersed and evaporated.

Anything dispersed is just dispersed, that is still there. Somewhere.

Evaporated
didn't we just go thru weeks of explanation of how oil cannot evaporate? Now it's partly evaporated? Yeah, right.

And they're trying really hard to convince people to eat the seafood. Like it's now just fine and tasty. :shk:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
reply to post by docpoco

and I bet they give othere sea foods to animals.
like cows! they we eat the cows.

You just brought something to light I didnt even think of feeding the livestock to still reach me onoz! That is a good point friend.

[edit on 8/5/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I am sorry to see this tragic story, just makes me sick.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I love the way the biggest oil leak in human/global history just disappears!
Bp must be magic.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by iceblue20-12

Indeed the worst ever in human history or the E.Ts helped out on the down low and got the he** outta here afterwards..
Or it was a councious holographic interaction. Either way bp stinks bad.

[edit on 8/5/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

new topics

top topics

join