It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Test The Rain Project

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
For those who question the quality of rain water, you are not alone. I found a youtube video dated July 19 from Germany showing plant damage perhaps caused by rain. Corexit is mentioned.
For source, Google: youtube toxic rain Germany.
The solution to pollution is dilution.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SimplyGord

damage to plants in germany from corexit?

??

/incredulous font/

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I have not posted lately here .........very busy on keeping up with everything. But I did want to post a link to the site where I posted a new youtube video this AM called Corexit "The Movie"

Its a great collection of MSM news feeds concerning corexit.....

testtherain.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Just across the wire.......The static kill did not work!!!

Internet rumors and our good friends here following the live feed thread were absolutely right. You can bet the house they will keep any oil from becoming visible by more dispersants……

abcnews.go.com...

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
We are getting a very good response for people getting involved in the project.

But oddly Miss, Ala, Fl, Ky and Tenn has not had one volunteer.........

So if you live in these areas we sure could use your help.....

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This is a perfect example of why this project is so important. I found this report from PBS where Louisiana Shrimpers Association VP is saying that oil can be found in the reopened area. His main concern is if America eats shrimp from Louisiana and they get sick due to oil contamniation then his industry is finished.

As you watch this report you will see that fisherman are willing to go out into contaminated waters that NOAA has just reopened and fish to put money in their pocket.

This should be a great concern for all. Also in this report you will see that there are no protocols for testing dispersants in seafood....

testtherain.com...

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
It has become very obvious that many have moved on from the gulf oil spill issue thinking "All Is Well" as the President performes a publicity stunt by swimming in the Gulf water.

I hate to inform not all is well............How bad? Thats the question......

Toxic Levels of Oil and Dispersant Found on Gulf Floor – CNN

testtherain.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
This post is for those ATS members who are participating in the project. Documentation is a vital key to the success of this project. The collection method requires that each sample taken be either photographed or videotaped during the collection process.

We had hoped to get out a video detailing the “proper” technique to use during the collection process, but there is only so much time in the day.

One of our project volunteers who just submitted a sample took video of his collection process. Although he could have taken a couple more angle views with his video camera the overall video is good evidence detailing his collection process in the event that his sample does have traces of toxic compounds.

We encourage videotaping the process but photographs are accepted.

We still need as many volunteers as possible.........

Thanks for everyone who is participating.

See video at link
testtherain.com...

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Test The Rain Project's team member gets quoted by Dr. Riki Ott in her latest news article in The Huffington Post.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

testtherain.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I know it is ridiculous of me to expect to see the results of your tests posted to a site that was created to see the results of your tests. Where are the results? Enough with videos, slideshows, interviews, blogs, and all that other stuff! Please where are the actual results!?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dilligaf28

Everyone's curious!
I'm sure it will be posted when it's ready!
This isn't worth rushing especially to satisfy personal curiosity!
It's FAR MORE important and FAR TOO important to ENSURE what's posted is correct the first time. It's only Tuesday, give these guys a break! They're dealing with terminology, technicalities, legalities, protocols, as well as working and having families plus the results have JUST STARTED to come back! I know Pax said she'd have something over the weekend, but it takes time to do things proper and is better to spend an extra few days, even another week or two IF it makes the difference between jumping the gun and being on solid ground. Good research CAN'T be rushed and they deserve a little patience (and support instead of gripes).

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dilligaf28
I know it is ridiculous of me to expect to see the results of your tests posted to a site that was created to see the results of your tests. Where are the results? Enough with videos, slideshows, interviews, blogs, and all that other stuff! Please where are the actual results!?

YES!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I really hope these results are posted soon. There was a teaser posted in the BP thread awhile ago about the results being staggering or some word like that. Where are they? Post them and make sure to post a link to the new thread here at least!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Pax & Clouds have been working extremely hard in not only putting the project together, but making sure they absolutely had top scientist & a qualified lab for testing with everything kept confidential. As far as I know there very few labs that have the capability to test accurately for all the possible chemicals we're looking for as well as understanding the results, parameters, & the possible effects to the all living plants & creatures. When you are involved in any major projects large or small there are always on going legal issues, many changes occur, & etc...Pax & Clouds are trying their best to make sure everything is right to the "T". It would be sad if they put all this work into this project with everything being right up to the last second & have some minute problem discredit it all.
Extensive lab testing is very involved & time consuming. There are many controls & parameters that have to be set up & etc...I know it seems like a long time to wait for the results but think about it...the project was launched sometime in Aug; Pax & Mike spent a tremendous amount of time researching & choosing the right scientist & testing lab; rain samples are being collected & submitted from all over the US & other countries; they also have to wait to receive the samples, it doesn't always rain, I didn't have rain from the end of May until the middle of Sept, so with that being said many samples from different areas are needed to test...

I did not mean to drag that on...& that is just barely a touch of what is all involved...However, we can't
forget that Pax & Clouds are people who have families too. I can see them possibly getting a little over whelmed with the 1st test results coming in & all the ramifications to deal with on top of HOLIDAY season especially if they have kids. I am glad we have people putting it out on the line in order to get honest results from a double blind study being backed by the scientific community. And it's people from our community here at ATS that made it happen. I feel honored being part of Test the Rain project.

Ektar

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Ektar,

I didn't feel that I would be in line with the TOS if I had posted my response in the other thread to the above statement (the one you cut and pasted into two threads if not more) here. I did however want to insure that you had an opportunity to read my response so I thought I would link to my response to your above statement.

I think it would help to make our communication more efficient while simultaneously avoiding the possibility of confusion and insuring adherence to the TOS if your response to me were posted solely in the Operation Truth: Toxic Rain Reality Check thread; should you choose to respond to me that is.

I do hope we have the opportunity for further dialogue!

Dilligaf

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Dilligaf28

Sorry I wasn't responding to your post here...as you can see I left the beginning of the sentence out...it was just a simple reply to what may be part of the on going wait...that's it...(& I was trying to save time not having to re-type...LOL)
It's ALL good!

Ektar

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Is there any news yet?
2nd line

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Mid february.

Any updates?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
After carefully deliberation, we have released testing results from the initial samples and as promised.....I will share with those who still follow the Gulf crises. I will post a couple paragraphs of the research article here. Although the Gulf issue here on ATS is rather dead, it is still very real for those who it affects.........and it may just affect you in the near future.......

The second organic identified in the Missouri rain sample, Ecgonine Methyl Ester (EME), has a more interesting history. It is the final metabolite of Cocaine. The EME molecule itself is inactive and does not pose any threat to the population or environment. The greater question is how does a primary metabolite of coc aine come to be found in rain water from a system that was spawned in the Gulf of Mexico?

These facts are compelling. There has been a lot of speculation that a genetically engineered microbe was released into the Gulf waters to combat the oil spill. No evidence has been presented substantiating these claims by the scientific community. Could our discovery of the coc aine metabolite EME be the key evidence of such a microbial introduction?

The evidence we do have suggests that coc aine was metabolized in the gulf waters and our research shows that it’s the perfect catalyst for microbial growth. It appears that we may have stumbled upon a key clue from our rain samples tested.

testtherain.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join