It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunfire erupts along Lebanon-Israeli border

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by russ212

Sorry but my source is a bunch of UN blue helmets that were in the area at the time.

So you can push me all the zionist propaganda you want all day long.

And what is more Vitch I was in Israel just 3 weeks before that war. I never say Syria shelling and I was on a Kibbutz in the Jordan Valley.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
... Israel could wipe out Lebanon in 20 mins, not because they won't, because they can! ...

After 34 days of fighting Hezbollah in 2006, IDF armour column cannot penetrate further than 5 miles across the border. 15 miles short of their goal, the Litani River.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by coolieno99

Actually, they went alot deeper than that and even Nassrallah was #ting himself.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by madhadder545
As much as I despise the anti- Republic UN all they had to do was see what side of the border the tree was on. They did and it was on the Israeli side!!I know that the "Flotilla thing is still sketchy I think that Israel was correct in this

I'm a first generation American and both my parents are Lebanese. We have Lebanese television through satellite. This story has been covered and there is actual video of what happened; no he said she said written report.

The tree was on the Lebanese side of the border. Now, imagine a fence (the border). There was an excavator bulldozer (the kind with a long crane/neck) on the Israeli side. The crane reached OVER the fence and tried to remove a tree on the Lebanese side.

Bullies.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

The War of Independance where Israel v Syria, Egypt, Iraq, Lebanon & Jordan. Who won that? ISRAEL !!!

1956 (Egypt). Who won that? ISRAEL !!!
1967 (Six Day War: Israel v Syria, Egypt & Jordan. Who won that? ISRAEL !!!
1973 (Yom Kippur War: Syria, Egypt with support from Jordan and Libya). Who won that? ISRAEL !!!
1982 (Lebanon) Who won that? ISRAEL !!! Except Israel did'nt stay long enough to finish the job.
2006 (Lebanon). Who won that? ISRAEL !!! Again, Israel did'nt stay long enough to finish the job. ...

Despite after "winning" all those wars, Israel is still today under threat of being annihilated by surrounding Arab states. Why? Because numbers and size still matter in warfare. 200 million Arab/Iranians surround 7 million Israelis on 3 sides, with its back side facing the Mediterranean Sea.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Actually, they went alot deeper than that and even Nassrallah was #ting himself.

Probably for either political or morale purpose, IDF did airlifted by helicopters some commandos to bypass Hezbollah, and landed near the Litani River. These commandos have little effect on the outcome, for one, once landed they were surrounded by Hezbollah. Luckily for them, the ceasefire was declared at about the same time. But the point is that the IDF main striking force, the armour column supported by infantry was stop by Hezbollah.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by aeabdo11

Technically the IDF were still on their side...why? Because (1) the IDF officer was not standing on Lebanese soil (2) the arm of the excavator was still attached to the excavator that was on Israeli soil in their buffer zone (3) Buffer zone: how much out from the fence is that? Blue lines are afew feet further out.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Only one unit was surrounded by Hizbollah but managed to pull through their line. All other units could'nt one single Hizbollah "militant" in sight. The IDF did in fact make it to 1km out from Beruit.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

The issue here is about the tree, not the excavator. The tree was on the Lebanese side of the border. Seems pretty simple to me.

If an IDF soldier shot at someone in Lebanon but he was still on the Israeli side, is he not at fault?

This is such a dumb confrontation, the only conclusion to be made is that Israel only wants to destabilize Lebanon and be the bully on the block; always has, always will.

Why wasn't this potentially major development covered more in MS media? Because Israel looks bad here and we all know the age old phrase that I just made up: "The news is run by the Jews."

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by russ212

Sorry russ. I went to the link you reference to prove Iran's link to al-CIA-duh and it's quoting the 9/11 (sham) commission.

question for you:
Is that the same commission that says inept pilots? with boxcutters hit the twin towers at speeds 757's are incapable of at sea level?.. and they did so with computer-guided precision.?.. mbe you should check out pilots for 9/11 truth and see how many of those guys say they could even do that.... guess what not ONE pilot says he could do it first passs and probably not then 'dead center' it. btw some of those pilots have lots of hours in the exact type of Boeing

Is this the same 9/11 commission who fails to even mention the third WTC tower (#7) that also fell straight into it;s footprint that day? ahem, exactly like a controlled demolition should?

THAT's the 9/11 commision your quoting as the expert on Iranian / al-cia-duh links

yer kidding right? Pul...leez

sorry, not credible

[edit on 5-8-2010 by AntiShyster]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

So by your mentality, trimming a tree and cutting weeds on the border gives Lebanon the right to kill an Israeli? If my neighbor's property had a tree disturbing my side of the property I'm going to trim it no matter what and that is MY right legally under the boundries laws of my country's state councils.

Are you also aware those fences are electrified and it was only a matter of time the tree, weeds and long grass below could cause a fire? Even we have back burning towards the end of our winters due partly due to the electrical fields near rail tracks. If you think the Israelis wanted a better view or put up cameras on their side of the border then they can and will. If Lebanon wanted to do the same on their side, go forth and do it, nothing is stopping the Lebs from doing likewise.

Do I need to remind you that just because you see a road between two fences between the Lebanese and Israeli side you think that's the border line? It's not, in fact the buffer zone goes beyond that fence to a perimeter of afew more feet south so therefore it WAS on Israeli soil.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Lebanese minister:

But Lebanese Information Minister Tareq Mitri claimed the trees were in Lebanese territory. "Lebanon has always expressed its respect for the Blue Line but always affirmed that the Blue Line is not the international border and there are areas south of the Blue Line that are Lebanese territory," Mitri told journalists. "The trees ... were south of the Blue Line but in Lebanese territory," he added.

www.iloubnan.info...:-trees-on-Israel-side-according-to-UN,-on-Lebanese-side-according-to -Tarek-Mitri
South of blue line is Israel. North of blue line is Lebanon. Blue line is not a border since there is no agreed border between Israel and Lebanon due to all the decades of conflict, but nether the less as far as UN goes:

Calls on the parties to fulfil the commitments they have given to respect fully the withdrawal line identified by the United Nations, as set out in the Secretary-General's report of 16 June 2000 (S/2000/590), to exercise utmost restraint and to cooperate fully with the United Nations and with UNIFIL;

Shooting at Israeli soldiers doing their stuff SOUTH of blue line is not respecting this UN-identified line. If Lebanon thinks that border is not correct then they should settle it with Israel. Shooting first at Israeli soldiers that are not in what is INTERNATIONALLY respected Lebanese territory can lead to war very quickly.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Lebanon is on the verge of a war from within and right now it's becoming an increasingly viotile suituation as the investigation in to the assassination of PM Hariri Snr has found Hizbollah are the culprits with the use of Syrian Intelligence.

Numerous things have been going on throughout the ME in the past few days that seems likely it all ties together.

For Hizbollah to watch Lebanon go to war with Israel is a plus for Nasrallah but the Lebanese people as a whole don't have the stomach for war right now with Israel. Something is obvious up in Lebanon and this shooting down an IDF soldier was a show...why I don't know because it's not what an LAF commander would do which brings me back to the question...this commander may be LAF but he's also Hizbollah since many Hizbollah have already been absorbed in to the LAF to keep their Christian LAF rivalries in check due to their past and present relationship with Israel.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

...this commander may be LAF but he's also Hizbollah since many Hizbollah have already been absorbed in to the LAF to keep their Christian LAF rivalries in check due to their past and present relationship with Israel.

So you can boldly say that he is Hizballah simply because some have joined the ranks of the national army?

I respect your arguments within this thread, but the issue doesn't need to get so technical. Israel was only doing this to harass Lebanon...it's an obvious provocation.

IDF are bloodthirsty and they will try anything to start a war which isn't clearly their fault. How else can they test out their new American weapons? Plus there's the added bonus of water-rich land (oxymoron?) to be captured in Southern Lebanon. Just like you said, if Israel wanted to put up new cameras, they could. Why cause such commotion and bully around a peaceful country (I'm not considering Hizballah).

The UN has created their blue line, that's fine. Both parties know that the area is very controversial. Israel is simply playing the bully to Lebanon, and at the same time trying to spark a war they can blame on someone else.

Alas, I guess it is possible that Israel is just doing their best Smokey The Bear impression and they're okay with sacrificing lives, not to mention a high-ranking officer, in the process. A bit of shelling wouldn't hurt either, I meant this is a potential FIRE we're talking about...

It's a damn tree, just let it be.

Regardless, as a Lebanese Christian, I would like nothing more than Hizballah to GTFO of our country. I hope you're right about the Hariri investigation.

No matter what happens, it will be hard to stop us from having fun:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
they say 2 of our soldier (indonesia) run? is this what we got after help them? (lebanon). do they ever know how to say thanks?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Am I right in saying Israel built this fence? They usually do...

So if thats the case, you are saying they built this fence not on the border but left some space so Israel could have IDF personel past the fence but still in Israeli territory???

Isn't that just asking for trouble??

I'm sure if the opposite was the case, Israel would not allow LAF over the fence...

All sounds strange to me. If you build a fence to seperate two countries, then build it on the freckin border!!!!

Unless you want to cause trouble..

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

I hate to call you a liar... But sorry.. I have to..
Show me your source.. Provide ONE source. Everyone including Lebanese news are saying that Israel DID NOT cross the border..

I have heard on the news that the border is 15 to 20 feet past the fence.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

From what I have read.. this question has been asked.. They said they wanted an area that they could keep clear on the other side of the fence. A kind of buffer zone as I see it.. Lebanon could just plant tall trees right at the fence if it was right on the border..

When a person builds a house .... Do they put it right on the property line?? There are ordinances that force a builder to build a certain distance from the border....

I find it hilarious, When you lose the argument about the side of the border they are on... You guys then blame them for the placement of the fence.. Any other large leaps of logic you want to make?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

Give it a rest mate..With all the money Israel gets from the US they could have built two fences, like prisons have. With a "no go " zone inbetween..

They built this fence behind the border for a reason, to cause trouble..

Tired of excuses from you guys...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join