It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar flare heading towards earth -nasa

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Pharyax

An M CLASS Flare could be a little testy too, I think we have about a 10% chance of that happening right now.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ni91ck

I Found More Info At www.spaceWheather.com

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
this is the 4th or 5th thread I can think of off the top of my head that has said exactly the same thing.

Excuse me while I try to care. The magnetic field of the earth protects us from Solar Flares...always have, and until the brief time in between their transition, they always will.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

The tip of Scotland maybe but dont get your hopes up, wait for a decent x class CME and you might see them but even then it depents how the aurora oval extends.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMNOTWHOITSAYSIAM

Well, some people may not agree with you there.

AIP.de
Arxiv.org

These are two links to some papers investigating any link to CME's towards our pale blue planet and earthquakes occuring.

En for your own searching pleasure: scholar.Google.comA nyway, we'll see it tomorrow, or not.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by Harman]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Reply to post by jazz10

And, technically, a significant earthquake betwwen now and the end of the week? Could likely be coincidence. Your prediction isn't exactly pinpoint.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
OMG there was a 6.6 earthquake in the Philippines already!!!!!!

Last Thursday - it must have predicted like a fortune cookie this would happen.

And a 6.3 in Russia on Friday - it must be a secret weapon!!!!!!!

In the last week there is has been over 25 earthquakes over magnitude 5 - weze all gun die like Mayans who aren't still alive!!!!!!!!

Yes that's right for all of there predictions the Mayans are in fact long gone, could see the end of the universe but not the Spanish sails apparently.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

I hate to point this out to anyone but any scientist in the world would love to be the one to correlate sunspots to earthquake activity as they would be ungodly rich and well medalled for doing so - as of yet they has not.

A little factoid from USGA

Magnitude Average Annually
8 and higher 1 ¹
7 - 7.9 15 ¹
6 - 6.9 134 ²
5 - 5.9 1319 ²
4 - 4.9 13,000
(estimated)
3 - 3.9 130,000
(estimated)
2 - 2.9 1,300,000
(estimated)

Yeah that's right 16 earthquakes every year 7 or higher on average without the sun exploding.

Here's the recorded listing for those above 6.0 for the last 10 years so you can sunspot check.

Just an FYI the greatest earthquake year was during the lowest solar activity 07

Number of Earthquakes Worldwide for 2000 - 2010
Located by the US Geological Survey National Earthquake Information Center
Magnitude 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010
8.0 to 9.9 1 1 0 1 2 1 2 4 0 1 1
7.0 to 7.9 14 15 13 14 14 10 9 14 12 16 13
6.0 to 6.9 146 121 127 140 141 140 142 178 168 142 105

[edit on 2-8-2010 by circuitsports]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Kojiro

Sometimes but I'm not in the habit of reviewing posts for edits before I post. (no need to shout)

It was a north wind. Your TV "meteorologist" is an idiot if she indicated otherwise.

[edit on 8/1/2010 by Phage]
Haha! She probably is an idiot!

Bet she's hot though!

But then it isn't about weather accuracy, it's about ratings!

[edit on 2-8-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

The first article is wrong.

It has been observed that there is an increased occurrence of earthquakes globally in this period of solar maximum.

www.aip.de...
This is not true and is easily demonstrated. In fact, I did it here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The second article does not attempt to establish a causal relationship between solar activity and earthquakes. It suggests that, as with earthquakes, solar flares are caused by a build up and release of stresses. But instead of the stress being a result of tectonic forces (as it is on Earth), it is a result of magnetic forces.

Opposite fluxes lead to rearrangement of field lines building up magnetic stress up to a breaking point where magnetic energy is released in a flare via magnetic reconnections. The observed temporal clustering of Fig. 4 shows that the rate of flare occurrence decreases in time as a power law after a ”mainflare”. Since the same behaviour is found for seismic sequences, here we propose that the mechanism at the basis of seismic energy redistribution can be responsible for ”afterflare” occurrence. In particular magnetic stress transfer in Solar Corona plays the role of elastic stress redistribution on the Earth crust.

arxiv.org...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
If you place 2 magnetic spheres in close vicinity suspended in a magnetic soup ( notice all magnetics involved). 1 sphere larger then other and super heated the other internally super heated with cool surface magnatisim (water). Then you added some extra energy to the larger sphere increasing the magnitisim of larger sphere, would this larger sphere have some phyisical magnetic influences on the smaller sphere especially why being charged up. Visualize it it is a simple solar system science project that can be performed and that should kill all the back and forth issues about if the STAR effects the spheres near it. I meen it does have enough gravitional pull to keep these planets within the solar system in place, so why not it have effects on these same spheres as it it changes its gravitional and megnetic properties???

my 3 cents -k-
now tell me this is wrong please.

[edit on 8/2/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Below the Curie temperature the magnetic moments are aligned parallel within magnetic domains in ferromagnetic materials and anti-parallel in antiferrimagnetic materials. As the temperature is increased towards the Curie point, the alignment (magnetization) within each domain decreases. Above the Curie temperature, the material is paramagnetic so that magnetic moments are in a completely disordered state.

en.wikipedia.org...

"Superheated" spheres are not magnetic. In fact, they don't even have to be "super" heated to lose their magnetic properties.

Gravity is not the same as magnetism.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv
a big EQ was predicted by web-bot at beginning of august..let see if this CME triggers it...

I was sceptical of web-bot until I checked with my ever reliable source Cleverbot.

User: Hi Cleverbot, IRM here!
Cleverbot: Hello IRM!
User: Ressive from ATS claims a big EQ was predicted by web-bot at the beginning of august. Will this current CME trigger it?
Cleverbot: Speak English good you do not.
User: Should we trust web-bot or is it crap?
Cleverbot: What kind of question is that? Although the answer is yes.
User: It's crap?
Cleverbot: No it isn't.
User: We should trust web-bot?
Cleverbot: Yes.
User: So we're all going to die?
Cleverbot: The end is nigh.

IRM

[edit on 2/8/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Cleverbot told me that I was a robot.

I don't believe it.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Cleverbot also told me it was Beyonce!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks Phage!
2nd

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

loll i'm backed-up...
good find infraredman
:-)

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Everyday at low tide,lol...Thank Asarco and the wood mills on Ruston for that one

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
You might not be able to link solar flares with earthquakes but you might be able to link it to flooding lol.

Just found this article on coast to coast.

It talks about how Venice has a rare tide occurrence every 11 years right along with solar flare activity.

Solar cycle may drive Venice's floods
www.newscientist.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Heres a site that monitors the suns activity.
solarcycle24.com...
They monitor the suns magnetism and many other things. The suns activity affects the perfomance of ham radios. They have alerts and other events they put out that you can get as an app on your phone.. Not a fear mongering site but good info on the sun

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jlafleur02

Your right about the Ham radios being affected. My boyfriend is an operator and when he gets a lot of interference he asks me about solar flares, etc.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join